Youth Activities Host

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Discussion' started by bing, Oct 11, 2010.

1. bing

bing New Member

hey lovely people :)
    been offered position for YA host on new disney dream. so excited!!
    just wondering if anyone had any ideas/tips to do with this job?? i heard Ents Hosts get their own cabin etc...is that true?
    anyone else on the dream as YA host? :) xx

2. cowza

cowza New Member

Hey! This is my job so now I get to enlighten people a little haha.

Don't know who told you we get out own rooms but that is not true. You have the same status as Youth Counsellors and character performers. You have to share like everyone else in entertainment. Although the Dream may be different. I've no idea how the crew cabins are designed but it was rumoured they were all single cabins that share a bathroom. So if that is true you may very well get your own.

Depending on where they place you... club/lab you will work heavily with characters and might even have to be friends with some yourself. It's a hard role to define... in a nutshell your job involves a lot of wacky characters and acting. For instance when you present 'Flubber' you'd be expected to come up with a character for it.

Costumes are provided. Some programs are scripted... such as 'Do Si Do with snow White' or 'Toy story Boot Camp'. They also do many of the same family game shows for the kids which are scripted... things like 'who wants to be a mouseketeer', 'mickey mania' and 'pirates life for me'.

Your biggest program is 'Friendship Rocks' which is presented every cruise on the walt Disney theatre stage, dancing with Mickey and Minnie.

It's a really exciting role... you will have so much fun and you are going to be working with the best best best best people ever! I'm actually kinda sad about it. So many of my best friends are going to the Dream. My co host in the club for the last two years is going so it sucks we are now split up :( But they'll look after you!

3. dinotorrid

dinotorrid Guest

What age group do you work with? I don't work on a cruise, but I do work with kids & teens for a living! Lots of fun.

4. cowza

cowza New Member

Disney Cruise Line have actually abolished age groups now so I can potentially work with 3-12 year olds. However, I mostly work in the Oceaneer Club which tends to attract the younger ones. 7 and under! Kids definitely say the funniest things!