Youth Counsellors

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Discussion' started by Gezitsme, Apr 1, 2005.

1. Gezitsme

Gezitsme New Member

Have had an e-mail asking me to ring next week about becoming a youth counsellor. Has any1 done this???
    Whats ist like etc.

Cheers

2. T-belle

T-belle New Member

i'll be flying down in one month to become part of the nursery team on the magic. From what i've heard it's alot of work but tons of fun.

3. ellen101

ellen101 New Member

Do you have to have any special qualifications to work with the kids on board...I'd love to do that! :D

Ellen xxx :D

4. Gezitsme

Gezitsme New Member

No. I sent a c.v off for a place in retail, got an e-mail asking me to ring them after Monday to have a chat about being a youth counsellor as I have more experience in doing that sort of job. But have no qualifications in it at all, just 2 yrs experience working with kids.

5. topsassyuk

topsassyuk New Member

would love to do that too but have no real experience with kids except babysitting nephew/neice/younger cousins etc! Have always been interested in working with kids in fact it was my second option of a career but chose a different path instead!!!

6. Ona

Ona Member

Can I ask who you contacted initially? I tried emailing Seefar but haven't had any reply. And it seems as though they're not mentioned on the DCL website anymore either. It's all very strange.

Since there's no direct DCL recruitment contact, I'm at a bit of a loss. Are International Services dealing with UK DCL recruitment now too???

Any thoughts?

Ona x

7. soleil plage

soleil plage Guest

Hiya Ona

Your best bet it is to send your CV direct to Casting at WDW - they'll make sure it gets to the right people!
    Better still - give them a quick 5 minute phonecall just to check who to send it to.

Doesn't suprise me that they dropped Seefar (i can only say that from my own experience though!)

Good luck  :)

8. Ona

Ona Member

Yeah I'm thinking that's probably my best bet. I'll just get these damn essays out of the way then give them a wee ring.

So you had a bad experience with seefar then?

Ona x