youth host audition-any advice appreciated

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Discussion' started by lauriem, Oct 4, 2011.

1. lauriem

lauriem New Member

Hiya guys, im laura(everyone calls me laurie!) ;D, 26 and from ireland!! I have just applied for youth host and I am through to auditions on nov 14th in oz!!! I have a background in performance but have not auditioned in years. can anybody help me? so i know what to expect? I would appreciate it so much. thanks everyone and good luck with ur applications :) x

2. Catefran90

Catefran90 New Member

hello!! My name is Caitlyn and I just got done the host auditions here in the states and actually got the job! So I would be more then happy to give you any advice or support you need. I wrote a little on my tumblr about my whole experience which I posted the link to on the other page. But ask as many questions as you have and I will be sure to help as much ad I can!

3. lauriem

lauriem New Member

Thanks girl and well done!! :) what out of interest does the hannah montana hodown entail?? im super nervous of the dance and introduction x

4. Catefran90

Catefran90 New Member

It is super easy!! All you have to do is watch it over and over again and practice! As long as you know the steps by heart you will feel a hundred times more relaxed about it. Same with the scripts and stuff. The more you go over it the more it will just come natural to you during the big day.

You will do the dance one time as a group and then you will each take turns pretending to lead the dance and teach the "audience" how to do the steps. From what I can gather they just want to see you having fun and try to keep a beat! It is nothing to worry over!

5. b9scottuk

b9scottuk New Member

Heyy, My name's Scott and i have my DCL audition on Wednesday 7th Dec in London.

I'm so excited but also super nervous. They say you're supposed to wear business attire that is also comfortable to do the dance routine/scripts in. Is it literally performing in a shirt and tie or are we supposed to bring something to move around in too?

And is anyone else auditioning on that day?

6. Catefran90

Catefran90 New Member

Definitely go with the shirt and tie look. The dance isn't anything huge and they really just want to see that you are entertaining and are fun to watch because after all...thats what you will be doing most of the time!! Remember to SMILE and be as warm and genuine as possible and they will love you all!!

7. chrismore121

chrismore121 New Member

Hey guys...

I am starting as a Youth Ent Host on the Dream on 4th Jan - I auditioned a few weeks ago...

The audition is fun! Just stay positive and try and be full of energy and looks of disney smiles!

They are have positions on the fantasy from Feb, and the dream from Jan - but the visa, medical and crb paperwork takes some time...

Best of luck everyone, I'll hopefully see you onboard!

Chris xx