Yummy FINALLY e-mailed

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by mpark90, Apr 12, 2011.

1. Lilo-Clair

Lilo-Clair New Member

I got a No, but my uni friend got a yes. We've had pretty much the same experience as each other, so when they write about 'your previous experience' it's just a polite way of saying 'we kind of just pull names out of a hat'

Good luck in the phone interview all you guys that got through. xx

2. TreacleMagic

TreacleMagic New Member

unfortunately I got a no as well. Not quite sure what to do now as I'm alrady 30 and this was going to be my final chance.

Sounds like the emails were all the same.

No offence to the people who have already done the CRP but would it not be fair to only let people who have never done it before apply? i feel that because so many applied, a lot of which have already done the program have meant us newbies have lost the chance.

Oh well. I don;t think i will be applying again
    :(

3. disneytastic

disneytastic New Member

I suppose its open to anyone who applies, some people who have been before get through,others dont, it literally just depends on the quality of your CV and abit of luck, theres a huge drop out rate so i suppose they may like the fact that people who have already dont it for know what its like and alot more likely to stay,but i understand your frustration.

Good luck all new applicants, i remember nearly crying when i got my phone interview last year!
    x

4. 2005CP

2005CP New Member

Personally id like to know the person to contact at Disney, not Yummy jobs-im losing confidence that Yummy jobs are recruiting properly on the basis of quality, or if they are simply sticking to some sort of wierd quota system-personally, i think Disney, as much as it has an image to protect, is also a business and should be looking at it from a financial point of view.

Who makes the company more money-a previous cast member for whom the training process is more of a refresher than anything else, meaning you get more consistant work, sooner, from that person rather than starting from scratch.

And ultimately, having that experience and familiarity with the way things work, will net Disney more money as well.

Lets never forget, Disney didnt get where it was without being driven by financial best practice-which employing previously trained, succesful, committed applicants would be.

5. CanadianCole

CanadianCole New Member

Okay...I'm going to come in here with a first timers opinion. Please don't bash me!
    I'm really sorry that a lot of people didn't get in, but I'm not going to blame Yummy or Disney. There are so many people who sign up for CRP and maybe they think that everyone should be able to experience this. It's kind of backwards in real life. Those with experience get the jobs while those who don't go without. I'm having this problem because I'm desperately looking for a part time job but no one will hire me because I don't have any work experience. That doesn't seem fair, right? I guess that's how everyone who wants rehired here thinks. I very sorry to those who didn't get in but working for Disney is just that, a once in a lifetime experience. Please let us newbies have a chance at experiencing this! I'm really excited to apply for next year and I'm hoping that Disney and Yummy will look kindly on me because I don't have any work experience.
    Again, this is my opinion and please don't bring me down because it's different from yours.
    Good luck to everyone in the future.

6. catfish278

catfish278 Member

Nicole - I agree with you :) Although this may seem hypocritical of me (as I've done two summer programs) I agree it's a once-in-a-lifetime thing to work for Disney for a whole year. As harsh as it is, British/European (and maybe Canadian too?) people have a very very tiny chance of having a career with the Disney company as we know it in Florida. Yes, there are opportunities within Disney Store and even maybe Disneyland Paris for us but the system of becoming a resident in the US, the restrictions and etc etc means that for the vast majority of people they will never make a career out of the CRP (at least in the USA). Therefore, it is an experience which one can use to learn new skills, gain work experience and responsibility from and of course, make new friends.

I empathise with you guys of course because we know how much everyone wants this but I can also see the situation from a newbie (kinda) point of view whereby it's more "fair" they've given a 'no' to previous CRP-ers. As Nicole said - this is just my opinion and I don't want to be mean, I know it's really upsetting and I hope you guys all move on to bigger and better things :)

7. Discostu81

Discostu81 New Member

The issue most of us re-applicants have is not with the fact that we don't have an inteview. While that sucks, I understand that we have already had the amazing opportunity and others do deserve a go.

The problem is being told that we would have a fair shot at re-applying. Clearly we have not or at least one of us would have been given an interview. Just say from the word go, 'no re-hires' and everybody would go along their merry way and get on with their lives. Lots of us have however put things on hold or passed up on opportunities to have another shot of going to Disney.

Best of luck with your application next year :)

8. mushu

mushu New Member

I got a NO too...

Sad times. Especially since I got all the way to the Wait List twice before. Totally feel for you guys who got a no for rehiring...such a toughie!!

Better look on to bigger and maybe not better, but as good as it can get

Good luck for phone interviews and beyond guys, you truly are very lucky!!

9. CazzieAnwyn

CazzieAnwyn New Member

Its a no for me aswell.

I'm actually oddly not to dissappointed o_O now I'm going to work for my personal license maybe f/b license as well and reapply next year =] good luck to all who got through =D excited for you guys

10. disney-dude

disney-dude New Member

I was wondering about you. That sounds like a plan :)

11. CazzieAnwyn

CazzieAnwyn New Member

Ahaha I just got back from work xD I thought I would be in tears but I'm actually not really relaxed just seems easier now i think. Good luck in the phone Interview though!

12. disney-dude

disney-dude New Member

13. jamjam251

jamjam251 Member

I got a No too :/ ah well..there's always next time. Congrats to all those who go phone interviews :) x

14. CanadianCole

CanadianCole New Member

I can understand that. Getting that dreaded email from jobs or what-not who tell you everything is fair that starts with "We're sorry but the position has been filled..." or something like that. But we all have to take chances at something and if it blows up in our face we have to laugh it off and move on. Kudos to everyone who got a no and is just brushing it off. I'm sure this just means there are bigger and greater things out there for you guys. Fate works in mysterious ways, you know. :)
    And thanks a bunch. ;)

15. 2005CP

2005CP New Member

16. 2005CP

2005CP New Member

Out of interest, does anyone actually know who the contact at WDW is-i can certainly accept i havnt got the job and in a way it makes a future decision for me, but i really want to strongly bring YJs blatant lies to attention of who is ultimately their boss-Disney

17. Missish

Missish New Member

I got a phone interview! ;D
    I just got back from 2 weeks in Florida and a week in Colorado and was feeling thoroughly depressed, but suddenly I've perked up! I'm sort of in shock right now.

Really sorry for you guys who didn't make it, though :( I've got so used to seeing you guys around these boards that I'd almost got it in my head that we'd all at least meet at the F2F interviews. It's sad that we won't get that chance now.

18. aristophanes

aristophanes New Member

I can understand where you guys are coming from on the re-hire perspective but when i was being interviewed there were people in the F2F who had done the ICP and CRP before so I do honestly think they are likely to take on re-hires. What I would say is that the programme as a whole is very subjective because the people applying is different every year... there are people who get waitlisted one year and don't even get phone interviews the next... there are people who sail straight through and others who apply year after year and get nowhere... I think to a certain extent it has to do with the amount of CV's they receive and the level of talent they perceive to be choosing between...

I know that you can argue that having done the job before gives you the ample experience needed to do the job again but in another respect because you have done the programme once if I were the interviewer i would be looking at what more can this person offer to us, what are they looking to gain from doing the programme a second time... If your main argument is; i've done it before i can do it again, then in my opinion it's not as strong as the person who is living and breathing disney and is applying for the first time with everything to gain...

None of us can really say the reasons behind their decisions without actually knowing them from Yummy themselves so wait a few weeks and ask for some feedback on how the shortlisting system works, do they use a pro-forma or does it go on the general feel of the application?

I've rewritten this so many time because i really don't want to offend anyone but I hope that you can understand where my points come from

19. catfish278

catfish278 Member

I'm pretty sure there isn't a specific person - it'll be WDW recruiting department I'd guess...

20. CanadianCole

CanadianCole New Member

I agree. :)