Yummy FINALLY e-mailed

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by mpark90, Apr 12, 2011.

1. doddi92

doddi92 New Member

Apparently this is the most amount of applicants Yummy have ever gotten, so although they may have said you had an equal chance, it may have changed during the application process?

2. pinkspideruk

pinkspideruk Active Member

I disagree that just because you have done the programme once you shouldnt be allowed to do it again especially when YJ have specifically said they are taking reapps - they changed this like last year so if they are saying reapps can go again ad that they will have an equal chance to get through then thats what they should be giving to us. Like some of the others I think that YJ have mislead us ad am not happy about being lied to

3. 626Stitch

626Stitch New Member

Can I just make a point and say that not everyone posts on the forums, so there could be some reapps who don't post here, and that have gotten through. Just sayin' :)

4. pinkspideruk

true but i am still in contact with majority of people form when i was there even if it is just by fb as are most other people who have done the programme so we kinda know who has reapplied from that - like last time round 2 people who dont post on the forums reapplied but they didnt this time

i think the same is true for the others like stu and michelle

5. doddi92

doddi92 New Member

This is gonna sound sooooo blunt but I dont know how to word it, haha. But maybe other applicants had more to offer, like more Cultural Knowledge?

6. Discostu81

Discostu81 New Member

That's what they find out at the phone interview. They ask you to tell them something about your hometown.

7. pinkspideruk

I have a degree in celtic civilisation and I live in Wales I think culturally I know a lot more about Wales and Cardiff than most people - besides they dont quiz you on that until you do the phone interview and even then its not that in depth

8. CanadianCole

CanadianCole New Member

If that's true, I think I'll have a good chance applying next year because I love, LOVE history so I know a lot about my town and country. I'm also studying journalism in college right now so I'm kind of involved with the community. :D

9. 2005CP

2005CP New Member

so why were the people who have done it before and been rejected good enough to do the job last time?

And as said before, thats what a phone interview determines.

10. doddi92

doddi92 New Member

Good point. I don't know then, during the past few applications there's been less competition, maybe the standards were higher this year. I understand you feel like you've been lied to, but it's kind putting a downer on the exciting buzz that you'd normally get within a topic like this.

11. doddi92

doddi92 New Member

The application process has changed, and by speaking to a few people out there, so have things. There's new menu's and new rules and regulations, so no, maybe you're not good enough this time, I don't know. But I suppose to could ring/email Disney directly and asked.

12. 2005CP

2005CP New Member

Its not that we feel we have been lied to.

the evidence clearly shows, that we have been lied to

that is purely and simply unacceptable.

13. doddi92

doddi92 New Member

Read my most recent post, other than this one.

14. 2005CP

2005CP New Member

Disney have been informed, by more than one person-yummy jobs have already stated they are `too busy` to justify their decision, so people have and should go over them.

And if standards and recruitment procedures do change, then it is not only common sense, but good business practice, to advice the applicants.

15. doddi92

doddi92 New Member

Why should they advise them? It's like giving a heads up on what's going to happen, and then that wouldn't be an equal application process. That would be like giving students the answers just before they sit an exam.

16. 2005CP

2005CP New Member

Umm, no,thats not correct.

Job applications the world over lay out the expectations and standards of the company, as well as outlining their recruitment process-even if it is in the small print.

Why?

Because in an interview, they dont just want generic information but the employer wants to know if the potential employee can demonstrate a working knowledge and demonstrate how their skills fit those standards etc.

As for why to outline who need and need not apply......any business with an ounce of common sense puts applicants in the picture, because it saves the company time and money considering applications that they eventually find to be inelligible.

17. doddi92

doddi92 New Member

I feel it is up to the applicant to do the research on any changes within the company, whatever job they are applying for.

There's no proof that not one re-app didn't get through to the next stage. Maybe none did, but it doesn't mean you were discriminated against. There may have been a choice between a re-app and a new applicant/previously unsuccessful one who were of the same standard, and there for they decided to give them a chance.

I was just sharing my opinion, as you are sharing your's. But there's nothing you can really do until Disney get back to you. People are so pleased to have gotten through to this stage, and this is definitely putting a rain on their parade. As a re-app, I'm sure you remember the excitement of this moment, and there for should respect that.

18. 2005CP

2005CP New Member

If you look back at the constant advice and encouragement that many of the rejects have given, you would see how ludicrous your comments are, and i dont appreciate your condescending attitude-maybe if you were blatantly lied to, you would feel a bit annoyed, no?

19. CanadianCole

CanadianCole New Member

Can we please let this all go! It's awful that people didn't get through, but we need to move on and feel excited for those who have made it. Like doddi said, it's really putting a damper on these people's excitement. Congrats to those who got to move on! Good luck with the next few stages! ;)

20. doddi92

doddi92 New Member

If you look back at my comments, I never said the 'rejects' haven't been giving advice and encouragement, I simply said I feel it's putting a downer on the excitement. And I also said, there's not proof that you'd been lied too, but I certainly wouldn't post about it, even if I did feel like I'd been lied to, until I'd had a response from Yummy or Disney, as both of them are aware of the forums.

I'm done, like I said, it's putting a downer on the excitement.

I'm sorry you're unhappy with your result.