yummy phone card AT&T

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by bongallina, Jun 10, 2009.

1. bongallina

bongallina New Member

hey did anyone get that email off michelle from yummy about that phone card.
    are AT&T good, and does it sound like a decent deal?
    let me know what ya think guys
    x

2. bexlea

bexlea New Member

I got that email too. AT&T are good, I have family that live in America and they say thats what most people use. I'd like to know what other people think of the offer too?? It sounds good but it says you get free calls to other AT&T people but then says its $1 a day??

3. MattSource5

MattSource5 New Member

yeah i heard good things about AT&T but i didn't quite understand the dealio...so is it like $1 a day for that stuff (so like $30 a month) and then what do you get exactly?!

4. hen87hels

hen87hels New Member

I looked on AT&T's website a while ago and its like you pay a dollar for every day you use it, so if one day you don't use it, you don't get charged. Maybe its a similar thing?

5. amanda

amanda New Member

Yea I just got that e-mail too. Last time I was working in America I got an AT&T phone and had no problems with it, I think it is probably the most common network in the US, at least all of my m8's both british and american used it which was great coz I could text and call them for free. If I remember right they took a dollar of credit off you every day so I guess its kinda like 02 unlimited, free calls and texts to people in the same network for like about £20 a month. I think i'm probably gona go for it coz I like the phone I have at home and I know I wont get as good a one for the equivalent of £20 in the states.

6. bongallina

bongallina New Member

it does sound pretty sweet doesnt it.
    id like to know the price of calls to recievce and make to the UK but free calls and stuff to other AT&T users is good cause as was said its what most ppl are on, and i think itll be what most crps will go on which will be easyer won't it....
    im thinking i might say yes to that.....
    plus then won;t have 2 buy a new phone there can just use one of my old ones here
    x
    x

7. amanda

amanda New Member

Haha yea we should start a thing on here to make sure all crp's are on AT&T so we can call each other for free :)

8. bongallina

bongallina New Member

sounds like a pretty good deal 2bh doesnt it, then we can all abuse the system haha
    x

9. bongallina

bongallina New Member

do we get free texts 2 other AT&T costumers, like has anyone been on this plan be4?
    x

10. Dan7

Dan7 New Member

I'm thinking about it too, but I'm not sure if itd be compatible with my Blackberry

11. bongallina

bongallina New Member

i think the sims in AT&T phone work in british phone, cause in america they have 2 kinda, and here we just have one i think, i dont c why yummy would recomend it if it wouldnt work
    x

12. Disney Dude

Disney Dude Guest

Sounds good but i wonder if it's any better than what you could get if you want into Walmart and get a phone?

13. Dan7

Dan7 New Member

I'm not sure about it. Cos I'll still have my Blackberry contract at the same time. I can cut it down to just £20 a month providing I don't use the phone but would I be able to put this new sim in and use it then?hmmm. Sounds like a trip to the Vodafone shop is in order!

14. bongallina

bongallina New Member

yeh although, aint vodaphone wiping all roming charges so u might be able 2 call abroad for the same price, in which case thats a sweet deal youd be getn
    x

15. Dan7

Dan7 New Member

That's just for the summer, I go in September lol :(

16. arron87

arron87 New Member

i think it is a good deal, especially if everybody is on at&t. . . though to be honest im more of a texting person than a calling person. After last time I think im going to look more towards a contract phone, as I think I spent about $1500 topping up credit through the year, which was ridiculous. Plus I wouldnt want to use my english phone as I want to keep that running through the year to contact people at home.
    pluussss i still have my US phone with credit, I think myself Im going to leave it and either use my current US phone or get a new contract out there, but to anybody who hasnt got a phone already i think its probably a good deal if everybody gets on at&t

17. Dan7

Dan7 New Member

I emailed yummy and Nick has a Blackberry too, he said calls, texts and Blackberry Messenger will all work. He wasn't sure about emails but I'm getting a netbook so not fussed about that. Think I'm guna get one, after payday ;D

18. MattSource5

MattSource5 New Member

i was considering it but my phone is a tad on the crap side...i think it may have been mentioned somewhere before, but can you get good deals with at&t when you're over there?! if not i'll get one and take my phone as a temp phone like...

19. hen87hels

hen87hels New Member

I've been looking at contract deals as well, but they're all 18-month/24-month contracts :\ I think I'll just unlock my retro one and only text people on AT&T ;D

20. Dan7

Dan7 New Member

I think I'm guna go try get a new Blackberry cos mine keeps shutting down randomly and stuff. Its insured so they better give me one lol