Yummyjobs and the International Casting Center

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by KC, Oct 26, 2005.

1. KC

KC Guest

Hi all,

I emailed Yummjobs last night asking if they accept applicants for the ICP from Ireland (my guess being that if I did get an interview, it'd be in London anyway...).

I want to send in my app by tomorrow (Friday) at the latest to make sure my app gets even a tiny bit of consideration.

Anyone have any ideas on:
    1: When can I expect a reply (I emailed the enquiries@yummyjobs email addy)?
    2: If I can apply through Yummyjobs, what's the timeframes involved? When would they get back to me about if I get a phone interview? (I'm presuming my face to face [if I get it!] would be March)
    3: If I have to apply through the International Casting Center, does anyone know what kind of timeframes I'd be looking at for phone interview acceptance/face to face etc.?

And yes, I know. I'm impatient...

But it's mainly fueled by major excitement! *G*

Thanks guys! *bounces, tiggerishly*
    KC

2. dotno1

dotno1 New Member

They do accept irish ppl but like you said i dont think they interview in Ireland itsself all the irish ppl i met on the programme were interviewed in their colleges etc in England.
    Yummy jobs will always reply within days to youtheir number is 02085219615 and if you dont here from them ring them thats what i did. Once youve sent off your cv they will give you a telephone interview after about a week (this is wot they done for me anyway). Then if you make it through that stage you will have a face to face interview which they run november decemberish then next year march time I think it was.

Then they like ring you a week after the interview to let u know if u got it

3. KC

KC Guest

I must say, Yummyjobs are great!

I sent my CV on the Friday evening (around 6). On the Saturday at around 2, I had had my phone interview.

By today, Monday, I had even sorted out some minor large problems with travel arrangements clashing with times and all is well.

Yay for Yummyjobs!

4. soleil plage

soleil plage Guest

What position are they interviewing you for KC? do you have to go to London?
    :)

5. KC

KC Guest

I'm not sure, to be honest!

Just a position on the International College Program, I think. When I had my phone interview, I told them I'd love to go for attractions/operations (which, coincidentally, is my dream job!) but I have a funny feeling they'd rather put me in custodial. I'm really going to push the attractions angle during my interview to see if I can convince them that that's where I'd be happiest and most suitable and best placed to create the magic ;)

I was going to have to go to Cardiff-but it was impossible to get flights from here to there and be there for 9am for the start of the presentation and such. So now I have to go to Birmingham and the flights issue cleared up nicely! :D

They were very accomodating and very helpful *nods*

KC

6. soleil plage

soleil plage Guest

I've got a friend from Cork who'd love to go out and do the programme - keep us posted how you get on :)

Good Luck in Birmingham ;D

7. KC

KC Guest

No way!

I'm from Cork!!!

Huh. Whaddya know... It is a small world after all!

:D
    KC

8. Izzy

Izzy New Member

Hey KC I love Cork! Ive been there the last two summers as I went on Holiday to Kilarney and Youghal.

My Dad loves the Quay Co-op cafe and the English market :)