Please help keep this FAQ updated by adding and editing questions and answers using the Wiki tools (you must be logged-in to do this).
- 1.1Can I work for the Summer only?
- 1.2What should I wear to the Interviews?
- 1.3Does Disney take personal appearance (such as weight) into account when hiring?
- 1.4How many people does Disney usually interview?
- 1.5How may positions are open?
- 1.6I have a small tattoo - is this a problem?
- 1.7Getting Ready to Go
- 1.7.1Should I bring my car?
- 1.7.2If I bring my car, do I need to get Florida license plates/tags?
- 1.7.3Is it easy to get along with other Disney cast?
- 1.7.4When you get to Orlando International Airport will you meet other IPs and leave together? Will you get picked up?
- 1.7.5How late can I arrive? How can I contact the arrivals office?
- 1.7.6Can I call home when I arrive?
- 1.7.7What are the most important things to bring?
- 1.7.8How much money should I bring? How should I bring it?
- 2Life at Disney
- 2.1What is the weather like? Does it ever get cold?
- 2.2Is the transportation issue as bad as my nightmares are telling me?
- 2.3Can I get a Florida drivers license or ID card?
- 2.4How is the Golf?
- 2.5What about discounts for visiting family and friends?
- 2.6Do we get discounts on Disney Cruise Line?
- 2.7Wal-Mart and/or grocery stores - Where are they and how do we get there?
- 2.8I heard that we can get some low-priced stuff that tourists lose on the Disney property. Is that true?
- 2.9Can we access a computer easily from the housing complexes
- 2.10Do the apartments have cable TV?
- 2.11Can I open a bank account while I am there?
- 2.12What is this first night induction/ceremony I have heard of?
- 2.13Do the clubhouses have exercise facilities?
- 2.14What sort of recreation facilities are there?
- 2.15I am under 21 - can I drink and get into clubs?
- 2.16I am under 21 - can I drink in the housing complexes
- 2.17Do I need to bring my passport to bars and clubs for proof of age?
- 2.18Does Disney test for drugs?
- 2.19What are Wellness Apartments?
- 3Working for the Mouse
- 3.1What is our work schedule like - do we get days off?
- 3.2What time will I be working until?
- 3.3Do we get vacation time?
- 3.4Do we work Holidays?
- 3.5After your contract do you have to leave straight away, or can you travel before returning home?
- 3.6Can I apply to work on Disney Cruise Line after my contract is complete?
- 3.7Can you move locations with each pavilion (such as from Foods to Merch)?
- 3.8Can you work in locations other than your own pavilion?
- 3.9What happens the first day/week you arrive?
- 3.10What sort of training do we get when we arrive?
- 3.11What will I be wearing at work?
- 3.12Is Disney strict about their dress policy (such as 'professional attire')?
- 3.13How much will I get paid?
DMV Website - Information about the ID Card
Work LocationsGuide for information about the costumes in the Epcot Pavillions
Is Disney strict about their dress policy (such as 'professional attire')?
Yes, in fact many people have been asked to change their clothes and had to buy new ones if they do not dress within the guidelines specified in the Disney Look book. Professional Attire is only required for the first few days, unless you plan on attending any College Program Seminars. Professional Attire is defined in the book, but is usually a shirt, tie, dress trousers, and black leather shoes for men. Women usually wear a suit, or a blouse and skirt, or a similar smart outfit - but tights and dress shoes are required. There is some flexibility with this, but things like jeans, sneakers, and t-shirts are never accepted. See the Packing Checklist for more ideas of what to bring.
How much will I get paid?
The hourly base pay rate for Disney International Program Cast Members was as of early 2008 $6.79, but now varies depending on the role that you're in. The pay rate for Cast Members in tipped positions was $3.38 in 2008 so these CM's live off their tips, but usually make more than other basic role CM's overall. You can pick up your paycheck from your work location each Thursday or have the money directly deposited into a US bank account by setting this up on the Cast Member 'Hub'.