2000 cast members

Discussion in 'Alumni Discussion' started by Gareth, Oct 16, 2005.

1. Dancing_Queen

Dancing_Queen New Member

Heidi... Marianne Lysbakken??? Yeah I lived with her ;D I miss that girl!
    Marianne, my mexican roomie Leti and I were like sisters! Ahhh it has been too long...
    Julia

2. Dancing_Queen

Dancing_Queen New Member

I always liked the food at the Odyssey. Well compare it with what AA had and you loved everything else I guess haha. They still have the plastic utilities. :p

3. Heidi

Heidi Guest

Julia !!
    Yes its Marianne Lysbakken. We lived together for a while back home, when we went to school. She is such a nice girl. We are having a small reunion in december, so i will see her then. Im really looking forward to that.

Why are you back in Florida? School? Work ?

4. Jon

Jon New Member

Hello everyone!

Just thought I'd slip a note to show that I'm around! I worked in MAC in the norwegian pavillion from August 2000 - 2001. I can see there are quite a few familiar names and faces in this forum...  :)
    Hey Gareth, we were in the same apartment for a while, until Housing kicked us all out, remember?
    Flavia and Julia: Hope you both are doing well, I'll write you soon!

Jon

5. Dancing_Queen

Dancing_Queen New Member

Heidi- Awww it's so good to hear from someone that has an update on her! I see her online every now and then and we talk, but I would love to visit her sometime soon! Leti is in Spain now, so we should be able to make it there together at one point! The last thing I heard from her was when she was living with all these boys ;) Definitely tell her hi when you see her and that I miss her crazy norwegian ass a lot! :'( I am back in Florida, working as a Manager on Duty for the Sheraton in Ft Lauderdale. It's on a trainign visa, so I might move somewhere else end of next year.

Jon- Holy Mickey, where did you appear from? Haha It has been forever and a day I heard from you ( and I can't say I minded that fact haha ). Anyhows, drop me a line sometime, I am in Florida and I won't go anywhere too soon ( so you are safe )! Honestly though, good to see you are alive and well....talk soon buddy!

Julia

6. Heidi

Heidi Guest

Julia- Im defenitely gonna tell Marianne you said hi. I will see her in about a month. She lives in oslo now, but she works on the norwegian cruise that goes up and down the norwegian coastline. I think she likes it.
    Im really jelaous of you being in Ft.Lauderdale, i wish i could go back. I havent been back in Florida since i left in 2001. But some day i will go there.

7. Dancing_Queen

Dancing_Queen New Member

Ohhh I just went up to Orlando with two friends who came for a visit from Germany. It is so different now, but still so familiar. Ft Lauderdale is a great place to live, so much nicer than Orlando ( come on, you can't beat a beach ) and it's definitely nice to be back in Florida. All these hurricanes drive me crazy though, I couldn't live here for a longer time. Wilma has just been hitting us really bad and I am just hoping for no more.
    I would love to work on a cruise line, too. Maybe after this year ;D
    Julia

8. Gareth

Gareth New Member

hows it going jon?

good to hear from you buddy, i remember that fateful day, always telling people about it. funny times

what you upto mate?

Gareth

9. flavour

flavour New Member

hey julia!
    i'll be over in march, then we can spend my birthday at disney and finally drink aound the world! haha! just got a mail jenny, if she can scratch together some money she might join me!

10. mayfield

mayfield New Member

Casey!!!!!! You crazy kid!!!!!!!!
    It;s Mayfield. I have your parents number. Is it still the same. I don;t have your email. Email me: wetherlips@hotmail.com
    I want to catch up baby

Love Mayfield

11. Ze Perfect Strange

Ze Perfect Strange New Member

Hey ya all i used to work..well party in Epcot from march 2001 till Sept.2001
    @julia:hey girl how are u??i m doing a cruise from march that s gonna stop in orlando &and miami, def have to meet!!By the way some dancers arrived on my previous ship way early coz of wilma, they were staying in a hilton hotel in Ft lauderdale, was it yours?? they show me the video, the girl taped the hurricane it was crazy!!all destroy!! and then they had to go to orlando and oh my GOD never saw the turnpike like that, it took them9hours to get to orlando from ft Lauderdale :eek:
    ok girl see you soon!
    @flavour:how are you? still in germany?i was just there cuple of days ago stay in Freiburg for a while, jsut so i could say i did something during my vacation!
    bye
    G

12. flavour

flavour New Member

hey guillaume!
    how's it going? yeah i'm still in germany, back in munich for about a month now, working full-time at hard rock! haha! why didn't you come to munich? and why not for oktoberfest? haha! so how's cruising the seven seas?

flavour xoxo

13. Dancing_Queen

Dancing_Queen New Member

Flavour- I am going to believe you are coming when I see it ::) :D Working full time at Hard Rock and paying like no money at all for your apt. should definitely help to get some savings though....I am definitely up for the drinking around the world though. ;D I never got to do it and even when I came back for a visit I was never with the right people.
    Guillaume- Things are going just fine over here. I must admitt the hurricanes are starting to get on my nerves though. The hotel is always crazy busy during those times and the power outs are just so annoying. "Wilma" was the worst storm that ever hit Ft Lauderdale, so much got destroyed, some people even lost their roofs. It was definitely a crazy, weird time. Now "Gemma" is on it's way and I am just hoping for a good end to it. I don't work in Ft Lauderdale directly, I work in Plantation, which is west of the beach. I only know the Hilton in our area and that was pretty damaged. Windows broken, flooded and all that stuff. I work for a Sheraton by the way, Hilton is our competition ( we are better of course ;) ).
    It's great to hear you will be in the area next year, we definitely have to hook up. It's almost a year Cat and I visited you in Paris ( good times! ).
    I will save some Ahoi powder for you :D
    Julia

14. flavour

flavour New Member

julia: i'll send you a copy of my ticket, or the reservation or whatever i'll get when i get it! :)

15. franimal

franimal New Member

Heya Gareth!

How are you??
    Remember me?? Irish Fran that worked in the Rose & Crown.
    What have you been up to??
    Im am now in London. Met up with Ali and Sara and Barnsey and Anna Whalan the other week, was good to catch up.
    Where are you now??

Fran x

16. KatharinaBerlin

KatharinaBerlin New Member

Hey Gareth....

I guess it must be you.... we were even in the same arrival group, I think.... Feb 2000-Feb2001?

Crazy Katharina here from Berlin Germany.

I am going back to Orlando in March/April next year as well. Saw that some of you here are going back as well? My buddy and I rented a Condo on 192 and we are having a car. So if anyone needs a ride, wants to go for a drink or is nice enough to sign us in.... buzz me ;)

I live in Basel Switzerland now and I am in IT Marketing, after being an Event Organizer and working for the CEO of RTL. Thats what I did since Disney......

Gosh, its been 5 years already..... it seems like yesterday. I was just listening to Disney songs on my mp3 player yesterday.... brought back lots of memories... so I booked my flight.

My dates for next year are: 26 march - 08 april. After that I go to Miami for a few days to party before I fly back.

So.... anyone from the 2000 people that are down there at that time... let me know and we get together ;)

17. Ze Perfect Strange

Hey dancing queen!
    Sorry for the sheraton hilton thing :p :-\
    yep def have to catch up actually if you have a cell or any phone e mail me the number i ll call you and let you know when i m around!
    but you can also come cruising you know i get great price and do an amazing itinerary!
    So actually i might have a better tan than u ;D ;)
    my contract end in june and i might ask to stay in the US for a tiny bit before going back home, so ....we ll talk at that point ;)
    ZPS

18. Dancing_Queen

Dancing_Queen New Member

hey babe...definitely let me know, i won't go anywhere. i will agree with u having the better tan, as i work 24/7 right now and the sun doesn't really shine at the front desk haha. i so have to get to a beach next chance i guess. my tan is embarrassing :-[ i wrote you a pm with my cell number. call me anytime. i might take that offer for the cruise though. cat might be coming for my birthday in january and we wanted to do one ;D well we will see, i would love to go on a cruise again. i might also go work on a ship after this thing....
    well keep me posted....julia

19. flavour

flavour New Member

i got my ticket! YEAH!!! i will be flying in on the 10th and leaving on the 20th...so make sure you'll get some days off!!

20. Ze Perfect Strange

hey flav,
    i m flyin on the 10th too ;D
    but out of Paris and to N.Y.C but still.....
    do you have a lay over?or direct flight?
    ZPS :p