2003 - 2004 The best party!!

Discussion in 'Alumni Discussion' started by Danman, Oct 15, 2004.

1. Danman

Danman New Member

Hey
    This is Daniel formerly of UK Merchandise between April 2003 and May 2004.

Just thought id start a random disscussion along the same lines as the previous discussion but in the year I was there.

The best party I went to was actually more of a drinking 'friendly competition' between UK and Canada.

For a reason of being 'diverse' I was representing Canada and made sure that I did all the Birds, Bongs and Shotgun races that I could. By the end of the night I couldnt walk straight, went into a UK party apartment, declared my undying love for a friend of mine and fell on the floor!!

Was a great nite...Tho I was sent home from work the next day as I was sick everywhere.

How about yours?

2. Sophie

Sophie New Member

hahaha ! Daniel would have like to see that ! ! Beer bong race me and you .. wonder who would have won ? ? ! !  :p
    I dont think I can choose ... all the parties were just GREAT, well the ones I could remember !
    I will have to say that the pirate night (CGDT) was quite something ! beer bong races and stuff ! ! was very drunk and Sam and I ended up stealing stuff from the Commons Bus  ! !
    The night were they gave me a bracelet to drink at PI was pretty cool as well .. but for me the best memories are all those monday nights with the girls playing drinking jenga ! !
    These are at least the best parties I can remember ! Limo party was apparently very cool but it took me 3 days to recover ...
    My first throw in as Drunk Girl was cool also .. I dont think I can choose from one party they were all very cool but I do miss monday night  :'( 

ohhhhhh I almost forgot the night when me and some girls rented a convertible went around downtown Orlando, drank in the car , stop at the bars, drank some more illegally of course ! ! ! stopped in front of a police station, drank in front (and took pictures) and we spent the rest of the night stealing signs all around the town ! ! hahahaha ! and it was the night where I stole the famous goggles ! ! ! ohhh man ! ! ! great memories but alcool can really make u do dumb stuff !

ohh remember the hat party when Pierre-Luc stole the security cart ! ! haha ! and canada day ... and No Mam vs CGDT ...
    Sophie  :-*

3. DigitalPhear

DigitalPhear New Member

Sophie you sound like a huge klepto :p

Whats the CGDT thing you keep reffering too?

4. Sophie

Sophie New Member

LMAO ! !
    I am ..  :-[  well was because I try not to do it here .. more consequences
    I dont know me and my roomate just loved stealing stuff .. in Florida its a big thing to steal signs and stuff from other apartment as well ! ! I had a thing for hats .. lol ... you should have seen our room ! we had so many stealages ! !
    I stole this sign from the Odyssey (cafeteria @ epcot) once and it was the best one ever .. something about silver china ...
    at my throw out it was basically .. I stole this from you so here it is ... or me and you stole this so here it is ..
    me and my friend Julien we went to a Tampa Bay playoff game and got back with a huge tow away sign !!!!!!!!!!
    CGDT : Canadian Girls Drinking Team .. the name says it all .. every monday we meet and we drink .. well some of the girls didnt but it was in a different apartment each week, sometimes it had a theme ! ! the guys have the equivalent as well but it involves hardcore drinking ..

5. YC

YC Guest

Yo dan bro,

how ya doin'? When I do think about the UK guys...oh my gosh. You guys were really sick. I remember you guys one day you picked up Mark. he was my room mate. really calm and smart. At one day , I think it was after work, several UK people dressed up like hell, asking for Mark. I remember that he doesn't like alcohol at all. But this night he made an exception.

After ONE HOUR, HE CAME BACK!!! he was completely changed. He pucked the hell outta the bathroom, bro. I t was funny. he was drinking beer, whisky, several strange shots and wine in one hour. Poor guy.#

Do you remember JAMIE from Wales?

see ya , pal.

6. DigitalPhear

DigitalPhear New Member

hehe Canadian Girls Drinking Team. Kick ass...how did you girls own up against girls from around the world?

If theres one thing Canadians know...its how to drink!

wow you are a kelpto :p...remind me to never invite you over to my house if your ever in Brandon :p

When you say the Canadianguys had the equivalint...but hardcore drinking...define hardcore.

7. Sophie

Sophie New Member

The only thing with CGDT was that lots of girls didnt drink .. I have nothing against that it was fun to all socialized ... but we started bringing the Bong and then girls started to drink more ! ! I think the norweigan girls can beat the canadians girls and even the boys sometimes ! but we do know how to party ..

@Digital Phear: I hope when you get to Florida all the traditions will still be there and you will all live all of that ! ! and as for the canadian boys thing I cant tell you ! ! ! ! You need to discover all of that yourself .. it will suck if you get there and you know everything already .. no surprises .. but lets say that some of the best drinker for the canadian girls could do 9-10 beer bongs and then go to the clubs ... that doesnt come close to what the guys do ... Good Luck buddy  ;) and no worries I dont steal that much ! ! ! but if I come over I might leave with a nice hat ! !

@ Mr Envy : when were you there ? ? ? ?

8. joekur

joekur New Member

Whats up Daniel, and everyone...
    the best parties of my contract were:
    No Ma'am vs UK Lads (2 competitions and one social)
    No Ma'am vs Canadian Girls (especially when we swept the whole night, including a rock the boat where we had 10 guys and they only had 5)
    70's party (Ben, John and me had the best costume of the night)
    80's party (great party Paul, i was Marty McFly)
    hat parties, black and white parties, pimps and ho's parties, super hero parties, halloween night, new years eve, 1014, 534... anything with the Bird there, any keg party, pool parties, drunk volleyball, COQ parties, and one of my favourite nights of my whole contract, the CANADA DAY party!!!!

Joe from Canada
    joecanadian0304@yahoo.ca

9. Danman

Danman New Member

Yeah Sophie...We should always have done more bongs together!!

WOW Joes list brings back a lot of memories...especially when the UK had a Pimps and Hoares party. For those who dont know I dressed up as a hoare. Full black dress, bra, wig make up...I LOOKED HOT AS!!hehe

Mr Envy more details please when were u there? AS for Jamie from Wales, yeah I knew Jamie tho he was in Foods and I was in Merch. I worked with his girlfriend Sarah in merch. We were also on the opposite sides during a drinking olympics....

There was also a canadian 80's party like last June or July that was amazing tho I dont expect Sophie to remember that much about it. Never seen someone so drunk b4 hehe.....

Anyone remember any pool parties....BONGS UNDERWATER!!

10. Tickee

Tickee New Member

Hey All,
    just as some added info on the CGDT...it was started by us gals who were there at the end of 2001 early 2002.  The idea was born on the Boardwalk while Canada and UK merch was walking to a social event at the near by mini golf course.  Tee-shirts soon followed.
    99.9% of girls who were involved DID drink.  In fact, there was quite a controversy weather  girls who didn't drink should be allowed to attend meetings.  In the end, since there were only one or two girls who were interested in the team that didn’t drink, we did allow them to participate (we figured it was quite unhealthy to force those not interested in drinking to drink, just to fit in).  Also, at that time, there were very few guys in the pavilion, so there was talk of letting the few guys who were there attend (for the first 6 months of my contract there were no guys in merch)...that idea was quickly thrown out the window.  No Mamn was VERY small at the time. 
    While I was there, the non drinkers, would be our official time keepers during things like century club *burp*. 

It's neat to see though that it carried on after it's founding sisters left.  Anyone know if it is still going strong?

The photo was our first century club...apparently, not the last!  Quite a few members were missing.  But a blast anyways!

Anyways, that's all from me! 

Founding Sister #01 - Blondie
    Aka Tickee aka Erin

P.S. A quick shout out to my gals Jessica, Tracey and Amanda.  Miss you.  Come home.

[​IMG]

11. DigitalPhear

DigitalPhear New Member

Dammit..that picture is broke.

Wow..I hope the CGDT is still alive and kicking when I get there.

Nothing more sexy then a woman who is obsessed with booze...well...a chick with a gun is pretty attractive too..unless she shoots you...then its kinda lame. :(

12. Tickee

Tickee New Member

Oh dear, if you saw the rest of the "after" photos, you wouldn't be drooling all that much. We were a MESS!

13. DigitalPhear

DigitalPhear New Member

Perhaps if I drink alot before I see the "after" photos I will drool? :p

do you have them anywhere that I can check em out? Ive been looking everywhere for commons and/or commons people photos online and they are few and far between.

Id like to see what I am about to get myself into...

14. Tickee

Tickee New Member

I personally don't have any but the one above online.  Sorry.  Not many people had digital cameras down there because not many had computers...but you may be able to find some scanned. 

Besides, other peoples photos (although priceless) can't do this experience justice.  You will meet some of the best people in the world and have the time of your life.  But it is a place where your time will be what you make of it.  It's hot, you work long hours for little pay, but you can easily make all of that not matter in the least. 

But, when you DO go down, don't forget your camera.  You'll find that you get sick of the look of tacky souvenirs very quickly, and that photos are the best thing to take home.  I have three huge photo albums that start at a few of us meeting before we went down, to my throw out.  Developing is cheap down there, and once a moment has past, you won't be able to capture it again. 

Have fun, and if you have any questions, please feel free to e-mail me, I could talk about the WDWIP for ages.

;D

~Erin

15. Danman

Danman New Member

Hey
    Im sure most of us do..but who remembers the legendary 2318?!

Lots of drunken afterparties there, the balcony became a mecca for people throwing up!!hehe

Oh and of course the canadian girls getting up on the breakfast bar dancing after a Monday Night out!!

Any memories you would like to share of the kick ASS Monday tradition that was 2318?

Dan the Scuzzman!!

16. Sophie

Sophie New Member

scuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuzzzzzzzzzer ! !

:-*  :-*  :-*

Sophie

@ Tickeee : I hope the tradition is still on  thanks for starting it .. I had the best time of my life there ... yay drinking jenga... when I left everyone was welcome to CGDT but some of them didnt drink or didnt really care but we had some really awesome nights when the girls started to get acquainted with the BONG ! !

17. *Laura*

*Laura* New Member

ahhhh the shotgun king himself!!!

daniel, u were always soooo wasted, how do u remember anything at all? clearly, and blatently u learned to handle ur drink just about whilst you were over there in the commons, and u managed to find your feminine side too.......daniella!!!! lol

2318, what an apartment, i remember a party there once, not sure what the occasion was but myself and danny thought it would be a good idea to sing as loud as possible and do the cheers from "bring it on" which was sooo much fun, the rest of that nite i dont really remember too well, and i once found myself passed out on the floor of 2318 as well.......eugh i actually feel ill thinkin about it now as u never knew what was on that floor, but i was lying on the floor with stephs roommate amy and another canadian girl stacy, the three of us were wasted!

who can believe that 2318 actually became a normal apartment after all, we used it for ur throwout stormin, what a laugh that was, and we werent even drunk that nite but still had a lot of fun! and then simons throwout there as well, a definate change in atmosphere from the days of when canadian al used to live there, and then wen bobby joined him - security were goin out of their minds!

i would have to say that by far one of the best parties i ever went to was the pimps and whores throw in -i dont remember much but that was one of the best nites of my life, and my sexy fishnet tights attracted a certain someone lol, ahh the memories!!!! and then mhairis 20th birthday party, me and danny spent the whole day decorating for it and it was so much fun, i thought it was hilarious when steve knocked over and smashed the bottle of raspberry vodka, my floor was sticky for so many weeks after that!!! and then my pink party in january, where even the shotgun man turned up pink! thanks dan, u were always a good sport!

one night myself and vicki were so wasted we went back to her apt and consumed more beer and ate all her mexican roomies salsa and nachos - werent they some of the best times, wen u used to go round to other peoples apts after parties and eat crap and then stay there and then do the walk of shame in the morning with people wondering where u had been the nite before!!! crazy days

the last time that i was wasted in orlando before coming home to uk was wen i went to flickabo with my roomie ragnhild, me and another norweigan girl decided to fill a water bottle with neat vodka and then put it in the cubicle in motions in one of those toilet seat covers dispensers, it was always there and no one ever knew it and we would get soooo trashed, it was a cheap way to drink there in PI!!!! only trouble was that u had to get into that cubicle and people always looked at u so weird wen u said, can i go in that one there???? hahaha

BY FAR THE BEST PEOPLE TO PARTY WITH THO ARE THE CANADIANS!!!!! man they know how to drink, i lived next door to scott and greg (uk) does anyone remember them??? greg taught me how to do ym first bong and i never looked back after that, i was always partying there with them, playing quarters etc.......stormin do u remember the throwout that was there and i fell over the tgi fridays rug? who's throwout was that anyways????

well i better be goin..........just fancied doing a bit of reminiscing.......scuzzer- wen ur back from orlando text me and wel have to meet up!

18. sarahuk

sarahuk New Member

Hey Laura!

I have pics of u falling over the TGI's rug!!! Think it was Greg's throwout  ;). Will email you the pics when i get home from work!

Sarah   :-*

19. Louisa

Louisa New Member

Hi laura. I got some picutres fo you too. form you gratuation though.

hope you are doing good back home. I miss Usa.

-Louisa

20. trooper004

trooper004 New Member

Laura, this is Amy, Steph's roomate. There was alot of great parties and I know I did a lot of stupid things in 2318 but I can't seem to remember laying on the floor with you and Stacey. Gee I wonder why, I was probably drunk!!!! I couldn't stop laughing when I read your post. I think one of the most memorable parties in 2318 was the night me, Tarah and Alexis decided to steal the giant JET SKI sign that was hanging on the ceiling. Bobby and Al were so mad at us. Steph and I hung it on our ceiling and Al didn't even notice. I think a lot of my favourite parties were the random ones Steph and I had after House of Blues. Our Japanesse roomate hated us. The Halloween party last year was also a blast.
    Amy