6 month "Summer Program" Job Offer

Discussion in 'Alumni Discussion' started by Shrooden, Apr 4, 2006.

1. Shrooden

Shrooden New Member

Hey All, anyone heard from WDW yet?

I have been offered a quick service food and bev position starting mid May! Shame I can't make the date and don't fancy quick service F+B!

Nevermind!

Simon

2. Canadian_Sara

Canadian_Sara New Member

Hey all!
    I got the email too! Im going down May 14. it sucks that its in Quick Service :p but I really want to go back!

anyone else coming?

yay!

Sara
    xoxoxoxo

3. adjonline

adjonline New Member

Congratulations guys :)

4. gismo1554

gismo1554 New Member

Well done guys. I haven't had anything through yet. Just a question to Simon, any idea what happens with the visa situation? Surely it takes more than a few weeks to get one from here? I know when I went in 2003 it took a couple of weeks to get the appointment and a couple more to get the visa back?

5. adjonline

adjonline New Member

Last year I managed to go from interview -> flight in 21 days. So it's possible. For the visa, I could only get an appointment at Belfast, which was a tad inconvenient, but the visa did arrive home the very next day (in fact the visa arrived home before I did!).

6. gismo1554

gismo1554 New Member

Guess its possible then ;D Good to know

7. Shrooden

Shrooden New Member

lol looks my question has already been answered ;)

Good job too cos I had no idea how to get the visa so quickly!

8. adjonline

adjonline New Member

Now my question: what visa are you using for this?

9. Disney Girl

Disney Girl New Member

Hello Everyone,
    I posted this in another discussion forum as well BUT I was wondering if anyone could forward the e-mail about summer jobs to me. I haven't been on the site in a little while and saw this discussion.
    So if you still have the e-mail or contact information can you please send it to me!
    Thanks,
    Elissa
    cres9430@wlu.ca

10. adjonline

adjonline New Member

Forwarded :)

11. stu1901

stu1901 Guest

is that the email about the 6 month program?

if it is can you send it to me to?

8)

12. adjonline

adjonline New Member

Sure thing :)

13. Ona

Ona Member

Congrats guys! ;D

I've not heard a single sausage yet. I'll try calling tomorrow if I still haven't heard.

Andy, it's an H-2B visa, I called last week to get more info. ;D That was about the extent however, of the info I managed to gather. ::) ;D

Ona x

14. Shrooden

Shrooden New Member

Hey Ona!

Tam has heard nothing yet either and dependant on whether she is offered anything or not will depend if I consider further.

The visa they are issuing, is it strictly in that work location, or can you pick up OT in other areas, such as merch seeing as we're merch trainers and everything!

15. adjonline

adjonline New Member

I'm impressed that you sought out the answer for my question before I asked it :p Hehe

*goes off to look at the State Department website*

16. Shrooden

Shrooden New Member

Ah, a quick bit of detective work shows this program is due to the fact Disney can't find enough US workers willing to accept their positions, despite appropriate advertising campaigns! Nice! ;D

17. adjonline

adjonline New Member

I'd forgotten how useless the State Department's website is. Anyhow, from another site I've discovered the following:

"The H2B working visa is a nonimmigrant visa which allows foreign nationals to enter into the U.S. temporarily and engage in nonagricultural employment which is seasonal, intermittent, a peak load need, or a one-time occurrence."

From that, I suspect it's similar to the J1-S in that there are no restrictions on work locations. So the lucky people actually able to go should be able to pick up Extra Hours wherever they please :)

18. adjonline

adjonline New Member

That doesn't surpise me...

But it does make me wonder (yet again...) why past participants on the ICP aren't allowed to re-participate ::)
    I feel like sending another e-mail...:p

19. Ona

Ona Member

Hey Simon, The visa is for temporary seasonal jobs for which there is a gap in the labor market (they can technically be issued for up to 1 year but it depends on what evidence disney has submitted and clearly they are only interested in us for those 7 months). Since Disney is sooooooooo understaffed, especially in summer, I can't see why you couldn't work in any other cp role. It's Disney's preferance rather than the govt. :-\

Andy, I like to be efficient. ;)

Ona x

20. Shrooden

Shrooden New Member

LOL, so true!