Age differences...

Discussion in 'Alumni Discussion' started by Pommyy, Feb 27, 2009.

1. Pommyy

Pommyy New Member

Hey guys.

I was just wondering, do the under 21's keep seperate from the over 21's most of the time?
    Or does everyone mix together, even at parties?

thanks ;D

2. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

There are under 21 apartments (Wellness) and over 21 apartments..

Under 21's normally go to parties..But if the party gets too loud and security comes, the under 21's are normally the first who get told to leave...

3. BeautifulBelle

BeautifulBelle New Member

At parties do people play music? Or do people stand around with friends getting merry?
    On a scale of one to ten, how out of control can a party get?

4. Pommyy

Pommyy New Member

Is it worth waiting until your 21?
    Or is it just as good being under 21!

5. lucy_elizondo88

lucy_elizondo88 New Member

hahaha they'll have a tough time draggin me outta there! :D

6. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

I've been both when I've been over 21 and under 21..And although it was better when I was over 21..

Its definitely worth experiencing both..But, if you can only do it once tho, I'd say wait until your 21..

7. 2005CP

2005CP New Member

over and under 21s always mixed last year when i was there. If security came around, the under 21s just put their drink down and acted sober-srecurity couldnt or in our experience, didnt, do much

8. BeautifulBelle

ohh really? i thought under 21s had to be extra careful because security is always on the watch for under 21s drinking? or is quite easy to get away with? because there's no way i won't be drinking!

9. neevyweevy

neevyweevy New Member

you do have to be a little bit more careful, like 2005cp said, just don't get caught with any alcohol and act sober if security come around, and try not to walk around the complex's holding alcohol because your id will have a giant 'under 21' written on it!
    the thing that is maybe more important is to make sure that you don't have any alcohol in your apartment because if you have an inspection or if security come around for any reason and find something that obviously shouldn't be there, then you can pretty much wave goodbye to orlando! If you do keep alcohol in your apartment then make sure your roomies are ok with it, because if they're not then they could complain...that happened to some people i know!

People play music, a lot of people have decks and that kind of thing, people dance, stand around, all the stuff you'd expect, they can get pretty out of control, depends who's throwing it...you're technically supposed to have no more than 16 people in your apartment but i went to a party that had about 30+ people and security came and shut it down just after 2am, so everyone went to another apartment, and eventually security came there! you get to know who throws the good ones...there's always a party at vista, not sure what it's like in the commons though!

10. neevyweevy

neevyweevy New Member

wow...that last post was longer than i realised!! ::)

11. BeautifulBelle

haha cool no that's good!! thanks for writing so much ;)

12. lucy_elizondo88

yeah thanks! i haven't made up my mind yet on the drinking but i really liked ur post! haha so informative! i thought security was a lot more uptight! good to know it isnt ;)

but if u do get caught and terminated and sent back home... does anybody know if u can go back on another program?

13. Dan7

Dan7 New Member

As long as my roomies are cool you can rest assured that I'll throw the illest parties! You guys can count on me haha

14. neevyweevy

neevyweevy New Member

If you're under 21 i wouldn't recommend throwing a party coz if security come and find any alcohol in your apartment that'll be it for you!

15. Dan7

Dan7 New Member

I'm 21 in 7 days :) and do go out til September wooo!

16. neevyweevy

neevyweevy New Member

In that case go crazy and enjoy your parties!! :)

17. forloveofmusic

forloveofmusic New Member

Apparently sometimes security is more uptight than other times. They came around during my brother's throw-in and basically said, "if you leave now, nothing will happen" about the under 21s drinking. Then apparently another country's throw in was going on at the same time and was wilder than the Canadian one and one of the guys actually being thrown in was under 21, drunk as a skunk and acting up. He got sent home. His second day there.

So my advice to those of you under 21 is to keep your drunkedness to an inoffensive level. You can drink every night if you want to (in a non-Wellness apt of course), just don't take it to the point that you're yelling and running around naked or anything like that.

As for the last bit of your post, I highly doubt they'll take you back after kicking you out for breaking a US law.

18. lucy_elizondo88

hahaha good to know forloveofmusic! thanks for the info ;)

19. 2005CP

2005CP New Member

i had a party last year that had tghe entire UKpavillion in it-or it seemed that way. Way more than 30 people at least

20. BeautifulBelle

30 people? is that all it is? jesus no wonder the competition is so high