American food items that you miss!

Discussion in 'Alumni Discussion' started by *Laura*, May 15, 2005.

1. *Laura*

*Laura* New Member

Ok, during your year at disney you will certainly have invested your money in some form of snack/comfort food for times wen u wanted to chill...........

wat items did u purchase in walmart in terms of snacks that u cannot get in your home country that you really miss??

personally i absolutely loved COSMIC BROWNIES!!!! they were awesome, little squares of gooey brownies that had little coloured candy pieces embedded on the top of them!!! yummmmmmmmmm

and also i liked the GOLDFISH cheesy flavoured savoury snacks, they were fish shaped snacks and u could even get rainbow coloured ones, look out for them in the snack aisles in walmart, soooo good!!!!

i also loved to buy the tubes of COOKIE DOUGH especially the nestle tollhouse variety (anyone thinking of that friends episode at the mo!! lol) u find it in the fridge section near the butter and O.J and then u take it home and open it and put little chunks of it onto baking tray and cook for like 10 mins and u have the most delish cookies, its hard to resist the temptation to eat a bit of the dough, soooooo good!!!

we cannot get any of that stuff back here in uk which is pain in the arse...

also breakfast cereal that i used to snak on sometimes was special k with almonds, it was so good, but they dont do it here in uk, well not same one anyway!!!

anyone else have any american snacks that they loved out in the states!!??

2. *Laura*

*Laura* New Member

these are the babies!!!!!

3. SarahJane

SarahJane New Member

White Castle chicken burgers....yuuummm

4. shannybanany

shannybanany New Member

Olive Garden and Chick-Fil-A in general. We can get most of it here, but neither of those. Stupid Olive Garden for closing here!!!

Shan

5. RCP

RCP New Member

Definitely RED LOBSTER food and Ale House shrimps... and more than anything Pork Links from I Hop!!!

RUBEN!

6. Celephaïs

Celephaïs New Member

I haven't worked at epcot yet, but there are so many things I miss from being on vacation there... Like:
    Oreos, Lays, Red Robin Burgers, Life savers, Roast beef burgers from Arby's, Rootbeer, Rice Crispy Treets

oh yeah, rice crispy treets, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah :-X , mm mm

Red Hots, Papa Johns Pizza.....and......well, there's so much other stuff....this list will go on forever.....

7. Ona

Ona Member

WOW! Celephaïs, you just said those magic words:

PAPA JOHNS!!!!!! ;D

Mmmmmmm mmmmmmmm mmmmmmmm.............. CHESESTICKS!

Luckily there's one near me here in glasgow. Hooray! ;D

Couldn't live without the Papa. ;D

Oooh Cici's was fab too. A merchie haven! Sooo cheap and the brownies rock!

Ona x

8. *Laura*

*Laura* New Member

lol, ona u need to read the topics "how bad is the transport in orlando" and the "taking food" one

they are quite funny and some random memories came back to me so have a wee read!

loobie
    xxx

9. Jamie

Jamie New Member

not soo much a food that i miss....but i would like to go back to Boma some time in the near future...thjat place is da bomb

10. *Laura*

*Laura* New Member

mmmmm boma, god yeh that place was heaven!!!!

i loved their seafood soup that they did, had shrimp and calamari and squid and everything in it, so damn good!

although it was an abomination really cos i went with mhairi and she had to sit there and watch me eat members of her family

11. Jjsweet1402

Jjsweet1402 New Member

not been on the IP yet but i do miss Peanut butter M&M's and mountain dew so much so i'm forever ordering it of the net

www.cybercandy.com

they do food from across the world but its quite expensive, but well worth it

12. Dougslar

Dougslar New Member

Ramon noodles were cheap and nasty but great at 3am after a drunken night at Jellyrolls!!!

I miss potato skins and a beer bucket from Bennigans!!!

Laura.

13. soleil plage

soleil plage Guest

RAMEN NOODLES!!!!!  merch favourite ;)

Ale House Chicken wigs...can't beat 'em

14. Celephaïs

Celephaïs New Member

WOW, this site rocks, stuff's a bit expensive though, as u said, but hell......it's all that delicious american candy and soda, mmmmm mm

15. Celephaïs

Celephaïs New Member

So your drunken food (as we call it over here) is noodles huh, we always eat kebabs, mm mm

16. flavour

flavour New Member

i really miss lucky charms! i'm not much of a breakfast person, only when lucky charms are around!
    and i really miss dominos' pizza! still waiting for one to open in germany!! so glad we finally got starbucks!!

later! flavour xoxo

17. MyLittlePony

MyLittlePony New Member

These are all I can think of ATM

Skippy peanut butter
    Red Bull
    Fruit Roll Ups
    Chips Ahoy chocolate chip cookies
    Food from the Chinese pavillion
    BBQ Chicken salad from Animal Kingdom

18. Jjsweet1402

Jjsweet1402 New Member

lucky charms are the best, we used to get them in the uk and grow up on them as they were all i ate,

so to go over to the us and find them was great, i even paid £5 for a box normally worth £1.50

how i miss them

19. feeona

feeona New Member

I havent done the program yet, but what i miss from my holidays there are the oreos! Oh my god we ate so much of them, they are gorgeous! Cant wait

20. emma

emma New Member

i have fixed my oreo addiction u can buy them in selfridges..

mint n chocolate ones
    peanut butter and chocolate
    double stuffed
    oreo cereal
    and mini packets

ne1 guess wat was in my stocking this xmas?