American food items that you miss!

Discussion in 'Alumni Discussion' started by *Laura*, May 15, 2005.

1. ginabella

ginabella New Member

omg the bourbon chicken in the golden corrall yeah?!

its lush!!

2. Freckles

Freckles Guest

i live int he south east....when not at uni. never seen them...maybe they havent hit peterborough...dont blame them though.

it is a shame, especially as they taste so good!!!!

3. leomgray

leomgray New Member

We love that place, its great if you dont know what to have and are hungry, we normally just went for dinner, dont think we ever tried breakfast there. But it is all the massive americans you see there, one women who was in front of me for the grill was like when the guy just put two steaks on her plate "Oh come on hunny, add a few more!" And this women was not of average size.

4. ginabella

ginabella New Member

yeah i know!! we used to go for breakfast and people had steak...yes steak for breakfast.
    i loved the pancakes and stuff. its sooo yummy and sooo cheap.
    and all the salad and fruit bits are really good n fresh too...god damn it im hungry now :( anyone wanna go to florida for tea?! hehehe!!!

5. leomgray

leomgray New Member

I loved going to IHOP for pancakes, omg i used to have the triple chocolate chip pancakes with cream and a chocolate milkshake, i only have it once during the whole holiday as it has so much chocolate, lol.
    I would never have steak for breakfast!
    Did anyone go to the Macarroni Grill? I love that place.

6. Freckles

Freckles Guest

at disney my boyfriend had a bacon double cheeseburger for breakfast. he loved it.

he misses mountain dew and the massive turkey legs. now ive seen the size of a turkey..that cannot be from a turkey lol..well an english one anyway!

7. leomgray

leomgray New Member

English ones are rubbish, the americans beef theres up! We have large chickens and just stick turkey on the label i think!

8. Freckles

Freckles Guest

probably.

i will be mainly clothes shopping out there.

i will miss the bread here, its so sugary out there...and sugar is bad.

9. CharlotteSparkle

CharlotteSparkle New Member

I need to stock up on designer jeans :D so much cheaper over there!

Even the milk has sooo much sugar in it. it's good though!!

10. DisneyGibbs

DisneyGibbs Active Member

I always wanted a chip butty, but the bread is rubbish. Maybe I should take to making my own LOL.

11. Freckles

Freckles Guest

yeah take a bread maker out...i would love to see the face of the custom officials.

i craved a chip butty when i got back. i think that was the first hot meal i had.

i cant have too much sugar, its not a god outcome...amazing hyperness then very very ill.

12. leomgray

leomgray New Member

It will take a while to get used to the american food cos it is really different from over here.
    And lmao i think that would be hilarious walking through customes with a bread maker!
    I think the thing i would miss most about here is irn-bru and tattie scones!

13. You can get irn bru out there in Wallmart and Publix though not in the big litre bottles. Unfortunately no Tattie Scones.

If you go to the bakery parts of the supermarkets then you can get bread more like the stuff here. A little bit more expenisive but it does actually taste like bread rather than sweeteners and preservatives.

14. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Im glad i will be able to get irn-bru, i dont care if its not the litre bottles cos i dont drink a lot of it. I will miss my tattie scone but i can live without it. I will miss greggs aswell, i love their baguettesand oval bites in there, theyre awesome. But i must try a corndog.
    Other than food, i will miss the view's and scenery, especially from our habour, you see right out to the isle of Arran, the big moutain range on the island, it is amazing at christmas when the snow is on it. I will miss the landscape but would not miss the culture or weather, certainly not the weather!

15. Tiddelypom

Tiddelypom New Member

LIFESAVERS!

And oh my life, yes the brownies at Cicis!

16. DisneyGibbs

I love lifesavers!!

17. leomgray

leomgray New Member

what's Lifesavers?

18. DisneyGibbs

They're kinda like the fruit polos you can get over here, but way better!

19. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Oh cool, i love fruit polos, theyre awesome!

20. leeds disney fan

leeds disney fan New Member

the skittles flavours are so much better in the us