American food items that you miss!

Discussion in 'Alumni Discussion' started by *Laura*, May 15, 2005.

1. ginabella

ginabella New Member

yes okay miss 'ive been there for a year' :p!!

you can test me later!! whilst informing me of Salad Days!

2. leomgray

leomgray New Member

I knew that one, hehe. Im getting better at them. btw what does OKW stand for? It was an abbreviation on dtuneslive and i didnt know what it stood for.

3. Jboucha

Jboucha New Member

I miss PANERA BREAD....MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

4. What's panera bread?

5. leomgray

leomgray New Member

isnt that just pan bread?

6. Dan7

Dan7 New Member

I'm a Root Beer feind lol..you can get it certain places over here but its not the same! You can buy A&W from the net but its imported, therefore astronomical in price. They do Barqs at Disney mmm :)

Ghirardelis chocolate I miss too..my sister is an air hostess so sometimes swings by Downtown Disney to get me some :)

7. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

Panera bread is absolutely amazing..Its not far from the commons..It only opened late 2007..

Its hard to explain, as we dont really have anything similar in the UK..Its kind of like a mix between costa coffee and subway..

I really miss fuddrockers! I used to love the one at the festival bay mall..I was over the moon when they opened one at the crossroads! Its so good, you all have to check it out when your in Orlando!

8. Dan7

Dan7 New Member

My sister swore by Panera Bread when she stayed in Commons, I swear it got her addicted to coffee lol. I must check it out. Macaroni Grill is awesome!

9. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

Yeah, another great one! Florida is pretty good for food..I guess because of all the tourists!

10. ElisaTonks

ElisaTonks New Member

i really missed golden coral after i went back to the UK, very strange as i now living back in florida and haven't been since i got back!

11. Dan7

Dan7 New Member

You gotta get there at just the right time when they are switching over from breakfast to lunch food so you can have both haha

12. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

I think its best to get there when there switching over from Lunch to Dinner! Because you get all the stuff from dinner..Plus the steaks etc! That place is so good..Its like $12 I think for castmembers, with a drink..It would normally cost you that somewhere else, just for the steak!

My favourite is definitly Fuddrockers though..I've never tried a burger so good in my life..

My favourite used to be bennigans, but they slipped downhill ever since they got rid of the bleu cheese pita! haha..

13. charkfin

charkfin New Member

I miss CHURRROSSS!
    i know many countries have them, but I can never! find them in Western Australia:(
    i love churros nom nom nom

14. yay-disney

yay-disney New Member

S'more poptarts! They are amazing!!!!!!!!

15. shinjirod

shinjirod New Member

Mountain Dew

16. leomgray

leomgray New Member

I miss american skittles and french fries, proper french fries, hehe. oh ye and the ice cream from the french pavillion.

17. teriXx

teriXx New Member

BLUE Jello!!!!

I've never worked or lived there but visited a number of times and the first thing i grab from walmart is blue jello!!!!!

And there is a sour cream and chive dip by tom's and its in a ring pull can its just a dip but its the nuts!!! you cannot compare it to anything here!!!!

I could go on....i love food especially american food!!

T Xx

18. stuart_peters

stuart_peters New Member

Mozerella sticks and beer from Bennigans!

19. catfish278

catfish278 Member

I miss Ihop!! Why can't they open a UK branch? There's enough crazy students to eat in there at 4am even when they haven't just finished a crazily long shift in the world of the Magic!

20. red1702

red1702 New Member

I've not actually been out there to work yet, apologies if I am encroaching on your thread!
    However, I have been on holiday to florida a whole load of times and I miss these like CRAZY!

Purple Rain Gatorade - Only just becoming a thing over here
    Churros - Doughy sticks all covered in cinnamon...mmm
    Reeses Candy - Just not the same over here
    Golden Coral's food - All of it
    KFC with mashed potatoes and gravy - Just not an option here!
    Dough Bread - Not sure if that's what it is called but it's lush
    Pancakes / waffles for breakfast - McDonalds don't count!
    McDonalds Bistro - Need I say more?
    Lucky Charms - I think they were made illegal in this country!
    Pop Tarts - Sooo hard to find here!

If I think of any more...I'll be back lol.