American food items that you miss!

Discussion in 'Alumni Discussion' started by *Laura*, May 15, 2005.

1. feeona

feeona New Member

wow i didnt know u could get them there!!

2. emma

emma New Member

yeah totally thye have all the Us products like skippy peanut butter....marshmallows..fluff! i think they call it...EVERYTHING hersheys kisses etc...its all expensive tho...like a normal pack of oreos is £6.95 i thhink....ridiculus but SO worth it! but ill let u in on a tip....u know LIDl that little like german store? i duno what it is...they have like fake" oreos lol....duno what they r called but u buy a box ...they taste exactly the same and r like 3 squid for like 100! altho i buy oreos,,the blue box makes my day

3. Jjsweet1402

Jjsweet1402 New Member

any of u southerners out there that have been to bluewater or lakeside might no that there are sweet shops in ther that do all american food.

in lakeside its out side marks and spencers
    in bluewater its next to the 1st floor boots

jenine

4. *Laura*

*Laura* New Member

yer i was well amazed wen i foudn that a couple years ago, clearly i had to buy some stuff from there just for the novelty, i even bought a lipsmacker lip balm there once, wicked!

i also miss chips ahoy!!! their multicoloured rainbow cookies were damn good

and i miss the huge tubs of ice cream and also i miss THE BEAST!!!! for those of u who aint in the states yet, im talking about Milwaukee best........ cheap beer but great for bonging and actually it wasnt too bad for just drinkin as normal! they even do a light version with less carbs, cos as ur gonan find out, even tho everyone in huge in that country, they are obsessed with not eating carbs, or advertising this kinda diet anyway!

it was sooooo cheap too! that and "mikes hard lemonade" which was like smirnoff ices here and they say its a "malt beverage" but its not its like a breezer or smirnoff ice, lovely!!!!

Laura
    xxxx

5. flavour

flavour New Member

and i miss pop tarts!! you can get them in some stores here, but they're really expensive, about €10!!

flavour xoxo

6. emma

emma New Member

mmm i love pop tarts...and they sell lip smakers in my local superdrug

7. Jjsweet1402

Jjsweet1402 New Member

pop tarts most be the only US food i don't like lol, but i'm always seeing them in asda.

Asda now do reeses peanut butter cup ;D

8. flavour

flavour New Member

oooh yeah! the peanut butter cups!! miss those, too!!

9. tiggercharlotte

tiggercharlotte New Member

Oooh thanks Laura - I'll look out for that hard lemonade- sounds good cos I don't like beer or lager or anything like that! :D
    Charlotte x

10. gry

gry New Member

I miss Skitless, we dont have them in Norway!
    I'm glad we don't have vending machines cause I always bought some candy on the way to work..

BOMA was the best restaurant on property!! Together with Ohana!!

11. Celephaïs

Celephaïs New Member

Hey, gry.

We have vending machines, we had one at school at least.
    And I believe I've seen skittles somewhere too.....

12. topsassyuk

topsassyuk New Member

we have skittles in the UK

13. MyLittlePony

MyLittlePony New Member

Vending machines are killer!
    I don't have a count of how many times I got the urge and bought a bag of M&Ms...

14. flavour

flavour New Member

it's weird! in the states i couldn't get enough of the vending machines, got sth out of the one in our break-trailer almost every day...but here i never use them...

i really miss the food at bahama breeze...so yummy! does that still exist?

flavour xoxo

15. Jjsweet1402

Jjsweet1402 New Member

i try not to use vending machines as there a killer when it comes to the cost.

wouldn't be able to live without my skittles even if they do make me high

16. Celephaïs

Celephaïs New Member

HUH, skittles makes you high?????

17. Jjsweet1402

Jjsweet1402 New Member

yer all the E numbers in them,

Apple tango has the same effect lol

18. Celephaïs

Celephaïs New Member

but you don't start seing pink elephants etc do you ???

19. emma

emma New Member

yeqah im not aloowed skittles coz they make me hyperactive!

20. *Laura*

*Laura* New Member

so alumni people..... anymore stuff u miss from the commons?? or are we bored of this now???

lol

i actually remember a drink that i miss from the states....

it was like called v20 or something and it was fruit drink, they did vegetable drinks in it too and u can get them over here in the uk but in the states they did these big bottles of fruit ones too and it was usually bright onrange or pink coloured drink but had loads of vitamins in it and was great chilled, specially wen u had a long day at work.....

and you know wat else i really miss and wish i could find over here??? angel hair spaghetti...

just cant find it anywhere in the uk, altho if anyone does know where you can get it please tell me!!!

Laura
    xxxx