American food items that you miss!

Discussion in 'Alumni Discussion' started by *Laura*, May 15, 2005.

1. Dannii

Dannii New Member

V8.. thats the name.. ???

i always got the white grapefruite juice.. so yummi, bitter.. my roommates and friends hated that stuff..

i dont miss the food so much, I got addicted to buy tons of cosmetic stuff. So many things u cannot get over here in germany.

neutrogena cosmetics, sally hansen, revlon, burts bee wax, st. ives.... I went to walgreens at least once a week to get new stuff and after my year I went home with half of my suitcase full of it 8) I also visited this shop called cosmetic company @ the outlet mall quite often :D

dani

2. Jjsweet1402

Jjsweet1402 New Member

lol, i don't need to be high to see them!!

i should be more specific when i said high i ment as in hypo
    ot high as in on drugs

jenine

3. *Laura*

*Laura* New Member

yeh danni i miss a lot of the cosmetics from out there in the states, walgreens was like heaven i would spend so much in there!!

we do have st.ives here in uk but a lot of the other stuff we dont, or we do ahve some of the product ranges but just not the actually products themselves, like we have maybelline but there was much cooler stuff in the states...

yeh V8, i loved that stuff!!!!! the mixed berry was sooo good and yeh i like that other one that u said, yummy.....

Gry: i loved ohana too, specially as you could sit and they would let you listen into the wishes soundtrack and you could see wishes going on if you were sitting in the right place!

i loved the character breakfast there, where you dance around with the maracas and sing along to just cant wait to be king, such great fun, you just become a kid and do it with all the kids! (imagine 12 uk cast members dancing around that room with the kids and characters!!!)

4. flavour

flavour New Member

tylenol!! only thing that works!

i always tell people who go over for vacation to bring me stuff...such a long list always! ;D ;D

5. franzi

franzi New Member

@flavour: I miss "Bahama Breeze", too. Drinking a SLUSHI, eating COCONUT PRAWNS.. yammy..
    I love that restaurant especially in the summer when you can sit outside and they play Caribbean music..  8)

Moreover I miss the Florida Orange Juice, it tastes so good and fresh compared to our German orange juice.
    And, I got addicted to Reeses over there, although I never liked peanut butter before. Yesterday I saw these peanut butter cups at a special store in Berlin, I had to buy them!! :)

Franzi

6. flavour

flavour New Member

i know! with the band playing, a good cocktail right in front of you...hmmm! good old times! haha! i will def have to go there when i go back!! or open one here! haha

7. halifaxboy

halifaxboy New Member

not worked there yet but been loads on holiday!

miss ARBY's roast beef sandwiches! the best thing in the world!!

Mountain Dew, Minute Maid fizzy soda! ummmm!

Baby Ruth!!

8. A. LO

A. LO New Member

wow i can't believe all the products that europe doesn't have! that's crazy! :eek:
    glad i live in canada. we get most of it and i live right on the border so i could pop over to the states anytime! haha.
    but when i go on vacation to florida i really love eating at chick-fli-et. so good there! i also love the candy and chocolate in the japan pavillion. that's one thing i can't pop over and get.

9. halifaxboy

halifaxboy New Member

ummm chic-fil-et! or whatever the spellin is! lol! love it there too amber! take it u haven't had any hap hap happy news yet huh?

10. A. LO

A. LO New Member

oh...no, not yet. my birthday is coming up really soon (june 20th) and apparently a lot of people got their jobs after their birthday so who knows! haha

11. halifaxboy

halifaxboy New Member

cool! so how young are u?? (I never ask how old I think it sounds bad when askin a girl!)

12. halifaxboy

halifaxboy New Member

hershey's cookie and cream choc!

13. Lisa Mash

Lisa Mash New Member

You can get angel hair spaghetti in Sainsbury's - hope you find some - happy reminiscing! xx

14. yuta76

yuta76 New Member

Oh yes...the Bahama Breeze....first a strawberry-banana-shake, then a berries in paradise and on top of it roasted Cuban bread!!  ::)
    And of course oreos and hershey´s cookies and creme chocolate and häagen dasz chocolate chocolate chip and cookie dough ice cream!!  :D
    And just going to Walmart and Walgreens in the middle of the night or on Sundays!  ;)
    I could go on and on with this.... but luckily there is always a friend going to the US and can get you some of this wonderful awsome stuff!!!

15. Heidi

Heidi Guest

I miss lots of stuff, like Oreo cookies, Ruffles chips, Baby Ruth, M&M`s, Skittles, Chocolate chip cookies icecream............... The list goes on and on...... :D Norway must be the worst country to live in, thinking about things you miss. I mean, even Sweden has M&M`s !! Oh and Doritos too, yammi. :p

16. glasgow paws

glasgow paws New Member

Taco Bell.........a fine establishment, i miss that drunken stop off before house of blues ! Although you would generally end up with half the food down yourself

17. JRD

JRD New Member

I miss all the food on the buffet at boma in the animal kingdom lodge, the prime rib was awesome not to mention the sweet potatoe mash and all those different african dishes! mmmmmmmmmmmmmm! Also the pizza is really good in that italian restaurant near the entrance of the magic kingdom cant remember what its called? Cafe cape may was real nice too at the yacht and beach club, oooh and not forgetting the best restaurants on disney property le cellier (salmon mmmmmmm) and california grill on top of the contemporary resort! Also one more, in the wilderness lodge, artists point and that all you can eat cheaper one where they make u stand up and shout for the ketchup, what was that called again?

Also the chicken dippers with honey mustard sauce you get in bennigans by vista way. In terms of drink it has to be yueng ling beer... most of american beer was awful but yueng ling was amazing!

8)

18. ian_d_g

ian_d_g New Member

Jif peanut butter, I lived on the stuff. Plus Ramen noodles.

19. Gareth

Gareth New Member

OREO'S COOKIES!!!!!!!!!

THEY WERE SOOOOOOOOO GOOD!!!! HA HA HA

Gareth

20. bourricot

bourricot New Member

Fudge Brownies from the vending..
    the best ever,my breakfast every morning...
    but way too expensive...1$ for 3 brownies..