American food items that you miss!

Discussion in 'Alumni Discussion' started by *Laura*, May 15, 2005.

1. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell New Member

lays chips :p............cinammon gum...........milk duds.....and basicallyeverything.......the fruit is so great there to,might be something to do with the climate :p :D

2. Celephaïs

Celephaïs New Member

oh yeah, laaaaays chips... and rootbeer,, mm sweet ;D ;D

3. Aussie

Aussie New Member

Reeces pieces.. real lemonade... authentic mexican (in Cali and Arizona that is, haven't been to Florida yet)
    Oh, and beer in supermarkets..
    I will never miss orange cheese though - so wrong!
    Oh and California had the best supermarkets, with so many things in them, and so much fresh good food.
    Oh and the fact that their department stores are massive, and you can buy all the mini travel stuff.

And most of all, I miss Breakfast burritos... the greatest food on the planet!

4. puineagig

puineagig New Member

Homm my favourite stuffs are: Twinkies, Lucky Charms, Poptarts, Oreos, Mountain Dew, Minute Maid fizzy, Hersheys cookies and creme erm...need I go on??

5. Punky B

Punky B New Member

yes!!! I miss Olive Garden!!! and cici's pizza...and I missed making dead mickey cherry cakes but did try a yucky peice!! and I miss eating nothing but canadian kraft dinner that was sent to me and I could pretty much eat the entire box!! And that is all I would eat for dinner that night! I also miss eating the extremely good foods from all over epcot!! stuff that you could and would never make at home!

Oooo yeah and my room mate from Japan would make sushi that was good!!!! And Sarah and Jo ( my room mates from the UK) did get me to try my very first Crumpet! (it was quite tastey!)

Oh yes and The ice cream parties!!! Those were always very good!

Brandy

6. shannybanany

shannybanany New Member

Ah, the dead Mickey Cake. Not really an American foot item, but quite the baking creation Kathy came up with.

Shan

7. RCP

RCP New Member

Goldschlager! Is not american but I can not get it here. I miss so much drinking around the world and having Goldschlager shots at GERMAN Pavillion, It was like drink fast passes to drunkland!

RUBEN!

8. flavour

flavour New Member

weird thing just is that when we had friends over last year (american) they were looking for goldschläger too and we didn't find it anywhere here! no clue where to get it!? ???

9. Dannii

Dannii New Member

did we sell goldschläger at the german pavillion.. ?? i don't remember the name of the stuff that we sold, but it was made in canada... maybe it was goldschläger ???

10. flavour

flavour New Member

i know we did when i was there...no clue where it was made though! and berentzen apple schnapps! yummy!

11. Dannii

Dannii New Member

I guess we are talking about the same stuff.. Was the Goldschläger bottle clear glass, with a black, red, goldish paper cover? but there was no gold in it, was it?? Oh noo, I am confused now because the word "rumpelminze" comes to my mind now.. maybe we sold that stuff... .. or wait.. no, we sold rumpelminze or, or, or... huh.. i just send out a mass email bothering the old cast ;D ;D

12. Dannii

Dannii New Member

Got first answer already and I was right, well or wrong...

Back in 2004 they did sell Goldschläger only at the Beerline and in the Wine Shop we did sell Rumpelminze. Rumpelminze was made in Canada...

:D :D :D :D

13. glasgow paws

glasgow paws New Member

i'm just back from orlando on holiday. Went drinking round the world, started in mexico with a margarita at 12 noon , only lasted till 7 o;clock and missed the illuminations.

anyway,i digress, goldschlager is in a clear bottle with black lettering, and has small gold flakes in it. It was the essential ingrediant in a 911 in the Germany pavilion, along with rumpleminze peppermint schnapps and jagermeister.

Although, the things that i missed, but had the pleasure of having again, were chalupas from Taco Bell, Bennigans Big Irish burgers and Baked Potatoe soup, and the square Wendy's burgers. Also, the alligator bites from Cafe Tu Tu tango ! ;Gutted that they stopped making Mr Pibb though. It was Pepsi's version of Dr Pepper..........awesome. ;D

14. flavour

flavour New Member

don't remember selling peppermint schnapps in the wine shop...but then i never worked there! the goldschläger and apple schnapps were sold at the beer line along with jäger!
    don't remember what it's like now, when we were drinking around the world in march we only went for beer...i guess otherwise we would have missed illuminations, too! haha

15. glasgow paws

glasgow paws New Member

yeah flavor,

i thought many practice runs of drinking round the world would have prepared me for the holiday, but once again, it all started going wrong at Germany, then when i dropped my huge beer in Norway, i realised it was time to go back to the hotel. ::)

16. flavour

flavour New Member

haha! well, i know what that's like! when i was drinking around the world on my 21st, i actually was in training having lived in the commons for almost half a year...but i never made it around the world...or to p.i. that night! :D

17. RCP

RCP New Member

Yes German Pavillion has Goldschlager in the beer line outside, on New Years Eve, I had like 8 shots, that and Kir Royale were my favorite drinks after Mexican MArgaritas on the rocks, the top shelf margaritas from the restaurant.... best margaritas in town, I used to sell them like that! I had a lot of phrases to work... hello, My name is Rubén, welcome to mexico and welcome to san angel inn, what can I offer you to drink... lol

RUBEN!

And the secret of those margaritas is.... a secret! LOL

18. glasgow paws

glasgow paws New Member

19. pinkspideruk

pinkspideruk Active Member

you can also buy some american and other foods n howells/house of fraser - and cyber candy rocks i always buy the almond m&ms there when im down in london!!!

whenwe were out in florida last my nephew got addicted to rootbeer now we have to buy it for his everyweek he loves it and goes nuts for it ugh!

not been on the IP yet but my fave american foods have to be almond m&ms they are awesome and i do love that hot squeezy cheese u can get in fast food places over there we dont get it here which sux its the only thing that makes macdonalds food edible!

E

20. belle

belle New Member

I soooo miss Krafts Deluxe Maccaroni and Cheese!!! (We don't have mac& cheese here.....buuhuu)

Also miss "great restaurants" like Perkins, Ale House, Golden Corral, Bahama Breeze, Chick-fil-a...the list is endless.....and I'll probably gain lots when I go back in March ;)