American food items that you miss!

Discussion in 'Alumni Discussion' started by *Laura*, May 15, 2005.

1. Heidi

Heidi Guest

Ariel!
    If you go to Deli de Luca in Oslo, you can find Mac&Cheese. My friend bought it there, and she was so excited :) She also loves it after two years in usa. So try that :)

2. belle

belle New Member

Hmm really?! The good kind? Cause I have found one type of Mac & Cheese in several store (Ultra and SmartClub) but itæs the kind where the cheese is powder and you mix it with milk.... The one I looooooove is the Kraft one that has creamy cheese inside :)
    [​IMG]

3. _Jessy_

_Jessy_ New Member

HMMMMMM .... Miss so many things, don't know where to start ...
    Mountain Dew (I was addicted!!), Papa Johns, China Buffets, Wendys (slobber), Oreoooooos (I start crying!), pop tarts ..... I can't no more .... it is tooo emotional *Cryyyyyyyyyyyyy* *snif*
    Thank god, we got starbucks now!!!!!

4. flavour

flavour New Member

but you can get oreos in germany too now! thank god! love those too!
    and talking about starbucks: i'm sitting here right now with a grande white chocolate mocha! :D

5. _Jessy_

_Jessy_ New Member

yes, fortunately - well .... maybe it is not good, that I know that!! ;D ;D Hach, Starbucks - what would the world be without Starbucks?? :-*

6. flavour

flavour New Member

i know! haha! i was so sad when i came back from disney 5 years ago and there was none in germany...and then you should have seen me about 1.5 years ago when the first one opened in munich! ;D

7. ellen101

ellen101 New Member

Is it sad that the one food item I miss the most is Creamy chicken Ramen noodles!?!? a whole lunch for 13cents!! You can't get anything even remotely close in England!!! Batchelors Supernoodles are just not the same!!!

I also REALLY miss Bennigans food...I never had anything I didn't like there!! the chicken wrap was the best, and the onion haystack thingy!! mmmmmmmmmmm.......

:D

8. _Jessy_

_Jessy_ New Member

No, no, no - it is not sad at all! ;D I totally agree with you!!!

9. Heidi

Heidi Guest

I dont know if its the kind you want that they have at Deli de Luca. Cause im not a big fan, but you should check it out when you get a chance :) Im just really happy that they have Oreo`s, M&M`s, Skittles and Junior Mints ;)

10. gismo1554

gismo1554 New Member

Oreo cookies! Ah I want some now! Might have to see if our machine still has some. One of the random machines our office has used to have Oreo cookies in for no reason.

Oh and Goldfish (I know you can now get them in the UK in Tescos but they're not as nice!).

Can't miss Starbucks cause we have one in our office, and don't miss Subway as there's one in town now. Still miss Mac 'n' cheese though and Steak sauce. Might have to look in Selfridges in london cause I know they sell most US major brands of things and definately sell A1.

Definately miss Bennigans food (and I never thought it was that nice when I was over there). Also Outback steaks! What ever they cooked them in they were fab (sure it was probably wiped on the floor or something). And their blooming onion. None over here taste as nice.

OK now I'm hungry so might have to eat my very exciting banana

11. kristen@disney

kristen@disney New Member

It was funny when I was in the US I missed things from back in Canada but I never figured it would be the reverse when I moved back home. I miss some of the American food sooo bad....sadly here are the things I miss

It was something like krusteze pancakes with chocolate chips...it was a yellow box with a cartoon pancake and I wouldnt skip having it every morning. I cant find them anywhere here.

The Cheddar Cheese soup from le cellier

The food at Arabian nights...i dont know if its cuase the 8.00 all you can drink made me so easy to please but that food was always soo good.

I miss a bunch of others but those are the ones that ocme to mind

12. Buzz Lightyear

Buzz Lightyear New Member

I second the cheddar cheese soup idea, I would kill for that!
    The Bailey's Creme Brulee from the Rose & Crown.
    That chocolate souflee from the California Grill (the one that takes 20 mins to prepare).
    Quiznos.

13. Chrissi

Chrissi New Member

The Artist Point Cobbler - Seasonal berries and housemade black raspberry ice cream
    and the coconut tiramisu at Boma. I went about 4 times to Boma and they had the coconut tiramisu just the first time :(. Soooo yummy ;D
    I just love the desserts they offer at the restaurants.

14. DisneyMichelle

DisneyMichelle Active Member

I miss chicken kickers from Dominos!! You cant get them here in the UK!! They're so yummy!!!

15. Doc

Doc New Member

Hmmm,

Taco Bell - where's that in the UK - was a bloody brilliant place! I miss that, and also Honey Mustard on everything! Over here the honey mustard just isn't the same....

16. gismo1554

gismo1554 New Member

Proper chicken wings (not the rubbish ones you get in the UK)! Going on holiday to Fl on Friday and that's the first thing I'm having.

17. Locklear

Locklear New Member

I miss Mrs. T's perogies. They came in a blue box in the frozen section at Publix. I never imagined I would miss perogies from the US, but they were the best. I used to buy the huge family size box and they would only last me like a week because I would eat them every night. I am so buying some when I go back in TWO WEEKS! :D

18. kristen@disney

kristen@disney New Member

Heather are you flying into TO when you come home?? I am craving my Pancake mix and would totally give you the casha nd even a tip for bringing some back if you would. Email me

19. LisaMouse

LisaMouse New Member

OMG i have only been back form Disney over a month and OMG I miss BENNIGANS there is no way i could have survived the trip without the american buger and the brownie bottom pie!!!!!!!!

20. *Charly*

*Charly* New Member

all i can say is twinkies and mountain dew.... i miss those beauties so much

also love all you can eat at the golden coral, never been to a better resturant in my life