American food items that you miss!

Discussion in 'Alumni Discussion' started by *Laura*, May 15, 2005.

1. DisneyGibbs

DisneyGibbs Active Member

I miss Ponderosa.... hmmmm and Reese's Peanut Butter Cups...and Apple Jacks; they're awesome!

2. leeds disney fan

leeds disney fan New Member

i've only been to the us once but i really miss chick-fil-a and having lucky charms for my breakfast i will not pay selfridges prices for them in the uk

3. Freckles

Freckles Guest

dunkin donuts!!! oh when i was younger i had a triple chocolate donut for breakfast...i dont know whether i would be abl eto do tht nw lol.

4. leomgray

leomgray New Member

We didnt like the Ponderosa, i miss IHOP, that was an amazing place to go, we went to one near our villa last year which was very quiet cos we were far away from any attractions.

5. CharlotteSparkle

CharlotteSparkle New Member

what is IHOP? I keep reading about it in people's blogs but I don't know what it is!!! I miss the cookie dough you get ready-made in supermarkets, sooo good! And Sizzler breakfasts...and altoids sours. Couldn' have got through last summer at camp without them!

6. IHOP is International House of Pancakes. It is a brilliant place to go after work as it open 24/7. Magic Kingdom CP's tended to use the one near Crossroads as it was really near WDW. You needed a car to get there as the buses didn't go there.

A lot of my friends became obsessed with Fluff. I didn't see the appeal personally.

7. urock

urock New Member

Leeds Disney fan,
    i found Lucky charms in fenwick and also a shop in London called cyber candy they have a website they do USA food oz and British sweets its a fab store.

8. cowza

cowza New Member

Grahm crackers and the restaurant Cracker Barrell... oh and the cheesecake factory! Everything really haha

9. DisneyGibbs

GOLDFISH! Omg I used to buy bags and bags of those. And animal crackers...we used to feed them to the killer ducks at the jungle.

10. Freckles

Freckles Guest

anyone had a hawaiian punch. i used to have loads of cans of that when i was out there.

11. leomgray

leomgray New Member

I used to like having a chocolate fudge brownie in the morning, i dont know what make or type it was but it was different from the ones we have here. I miss being in the villa we had cos it was amazing and so big.
    I loved the Macarroni Grill, this restaurant is amazing and i love the good in it.
    And i have still to try a corndog and a turkey leg and pretzel, these are food i want try out there but never have.

12. leeds disney fan

leeds disney fan New Member

i love the brownies which they sell at the market house deli in dlrp they go so well with a nice hot chocolate whilst watching the parade

13. leomgray

leomgray New Member

My one goal for next year is to try different food i have never tried before whilst i am in america. And they have a lot of foods. i quite fancy and american mcdonalds right, a breakfast bagel, yummy!

14. Freckles

Freckles Guest

im hoping to meet up with a friend who is working out at animal kingdom lodge, he took my family to a sports bar which was gorgeous..though their version of traditional english fish and chips was a bit off lol!

15. cowza

cowza New Member

It's true... but the Irish place in Downtown Disney do very nice ones!

16. DisneyGibbs

Raglan Road :D YUM!

17. Freckles

Freckles Guest

ben and jerry's ice cream that isnt at an extortionate price!

18. leomgray

leomgray New Member

After writing that post i went to mcdonalds and got a breakfast bagel, it was delicious!

19. Kirbie

Kirbie New Member

Mmmmm Maccy D's breakfast's, you can't beat a double sausage and egg McMuffin!!

Did anyone ever try Pepsi Blue? That stuff was delish, they never sold it over here, and i don't think they sell in America now either!!

20. cowza

cowza New Member

Krispy Kremes that aren't £12 for a dozen!