Anybody has re-apply to work again in disney?

Discussion in 'Alumni Discussion' started by jean, Feb 5, 2007.

1. jean

jean New Member

hi there,

my name is jane.. I am currently working in disney as IP (Q1 Visa).
    I've got some question:
    1. after we complete our program, can we apply again to work in disney?
    2. if yes, how long we have to wait after our program's over?

I've seen some people in International program work in Guest relation, do you guys have any idea how to apply for that position??

thanks very much for your respond...

regards,

jane

2. CPB

CPB New Member

I believe you have to be home for a full year before applying for the International program again. I spoke to Danni Mikler about it before i left the program. However they are very reluctant to giving a position to someone who has already done the program, as the have a never-ending list of applicants who want to do the program for the first time and its all about diversity and giving everyone a chance to experience it.

To apply for guest relations you have to be fluent in English and at least one other language. This program is on the Q1 too, so you'll have to be home a year before you can apply. I wanted to do guest relations but as i'm not fluent in language other than english, they said i shouldn't bother applying. I speak awee bit of french but you have to be fluent or at least conversational.

Hope that helps
    Claire

3. Buzz Lightyear

Buzz Lightyear New Member

I did the year program like yourself and upon coming home I started at University. During my first year I applied to do t he International College Program which takes place during the Summer. You end up staying at Vista and can work in F&B, Merch, Lifeguard or Custodial positions anywhere either in the parks or the resorts. I myself got posted at Beaches & Cream for my 3 months!

I'm just about to finish Uni now and have applied to do the Academic Program which is kinda the same as the CP but I will have class every Tuesday as it's run in conjunction with UCF and I will get a management qualification of some kinda at the end of it. Though you do have to pay for it, but it lasts for 6 months so I'll be out there over Christmas this year hopefully!! :)

Hope that helps, any questions feel free to get in touch..

Nick

4. Chrissi

Chrissi New Member

Actually there are quite a lot of people who are going back. I did the IP back in 2004 and going back this year for Guest Relations, I know 3 other ppl who did it. There is always the College Program and the Acedemic Program. And for some countries is also the option to re-apply and do the whole cultural rep program again...
    Guess this year will be a big party of former cm who come back!

@ Nick: You're a friend of Lindsey, right?

5. erika_svart07

erika_svart07 New Member

Chrissi, I'm back for GRP too! When r u gettin' there? I'm arriving on April 24th...and was around in 2004 too...!!! We definitely have to do something to celebrate the comeback!

Yeah, a lot of people are going back to do the seasonal program. I knew some Germans and Canadians that didn't have problem re-applying for the cultural rep thing. I know for sure Norway has no problem with re-applications...
    For Guest Relations you do have to have a year gap, at least, after having finished your Cultural rep prog.

Nick, good luck with the study/work program.

6. Chrissi

Chrissi New Member

HI Erika!

U're from Mexico, right? I've been on the IP back in 2004 as well. My room mate was Lorena(mexican merch) for a few month. I read on another post that u know Carlos(Brazilian). hehe quite funny to meet ppl here. I'm off to Disney in Sept...Do u know at which park u'll be working?

7. CPB

CPB New Member

Hey Nick,
    I looked into doing the Academic Program but it's a wee bit expensive for me to do right now. Any idea when your hoping to come back out?

8. erika_svart07

erika_svart07 New Member

Hey Chrissi! yeah, I'm from Mexico and of course I remember Lorena as well. I know, it's cool when you hear from people you know and knew! I still don't know which park I'll be at, they're supposed to tell until we get there. Do u know where u'll be?
    Keep in touch so we can hang out when you get there in september!

9. erika_svart07

erika_svart07 New Member

Me again, hehe. Hey Chrissi, du kommst aus Deutschland, richtig?? Were you food, merch or arribas?

10. Buzz Lightyear

Buzz Lightyear New Member

Hey CPB, hopefully it should be around mid July through till January. Should be fun being back out there for Christmas :)

11. Hannah J J

Hannah J J New Member

Hello,
    Help! I can speak basic french and am desperate to go back to WDW, and would love to work o guet relations. Any ideas how I apply? Also, where do GRP live? In Chathem/Commons/Vista or arange our own accomodation?

12. Chrissi

Chrissi New Member

If you are an UK citizen u won't have a chance and basic knowledge in a foreign language doesn't help you either. You need to be fluent.

13. Elvira

Elvira New Member

I worked June-September 2006 and going back in May(only because it's convenient with my school, though I had a chance to go back already in February) So, I think it's not necessarily a year you have to wait before going back. Still I can only do an Academic Program not less than 5 months and also take some classes(and I have to pay for them - not too much though)
    I had some difficulties with applying to the program again because we don't have any representatives here(and I'm in Russia). Till the very last moment nobody could exactly say if anybody would take over us and help with th e papers. So much nerves!
    Anyway, wish you luck because time at Disney is definitely best time ever.
    If any questions feel free to ask. Will try to help!( I know how hard it is)

14. *Cecilie*

*Cecilie* New Member

Hi! I am not even there yet, so guess I shouldn't worry about staying another year quite yet (doing Norwegian cultural rep.). I was wondering though, what exactly is Guest Relations? ..and what is the difference between seasonal/summer program? Is this the same as the College Progam? Sorry, am confused with all the different programs :p

15. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

Hey,

I went to disney last summer and did the college program..June-September..
    I've just got a job again, doing my placement year there..on the J1 Academic program...
    I applied in january for this program..but i applied for the seasonal program as soon as i got back..because didn't think i would be able to do my placement there..but found out i could in the end..

There is a difference between the college program and seasonal..Basically, you can only do seasonal once you've already been employed by disney, its basically when you work for disney and they take a liking to you..you can go back and work there again..
    Seasonal i think for internationals is either may-october or june-november as far as i know..

16. rach

rach New Member

Can you only take part on the seasonal program once or is it something you can reapply for again?

17. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

Don't quote me on this..but i think that once you've got the job in seasonal..it means you can work every summer there if your doing the same job..obviously you have to let them know i guess your guna be workin i guess...

But you can definetly do it more than once..There's some american people that just work there for the summer everyyear and they've been working for the past 5 years or so, just summers..

So you can definetly do it more than once..

18. Chrissi

Chrissi New Member

But Americans don't need a visa!

19. *Cecilie*

*Cecilie* New Member

So how can internationals apply for seasonal then? And where exactly can you work and with what on this program? :)

20. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

Fair point..i didn't think of that one..I am pretty sure you can go more than once..otherwise i guess it would defeat the object of being seasonal..

You just apply through the same people you'd apply for the college program or any other program with..
    As far as i know though, on seasonal, you can apply to do any job..but i think they prefer you to apply for the job that you'd originally done when you first went..