Anyone on here that's 'old'?

Discussion in 'Alumni Discussion' started by SarahJane, Jan 11, 2006.

1. dopey1017

dopey1017 New Member

Hi,

I worked in the Rose And Crown from May 1998-July 1999.
    I recognise you Andy and Kelly as i know she worked in Merch, but i am sure you left not long after i arrived?
    I arrived with a few other Canadians, Jarret ? Cant think of his last name.Aaron ? Kris Nickerson, Tim Honky and Vera...Anyone remember them?
    I lived in Apartment 1017 with Tamsin Dunn.

I can't believe how fast the time has past since i left, it still only feels like yesterday we were all going to PI every Thursday!!! I got married in 2003 and had 14 of my Disney mates there and it was great having them all there, i had my daughter in January 2005 and my roomate is her godmother and i still speak to lots of my friends from Disney.
    I have been back twice and would love to again soon...Miss it still so much but am so glad i had the chance to take part in such a great experience!

So hello to all the 'Old' people on here....Love Gemma.xxxxx

2. *Laura*

*Laura* New Member

gemma/dopey

youre not by any chance from west sussex are you????

just i know someone around where i live who knows a gemma who worked at disney a few years before i went so i thought id ask.....

andy, i have a strange feeling that you lived in my apartment....... i was in 1013 which was second door on left hand side if u were to go thru arch way waling towards security (the side that busses drove into rather than out of!)

laura
    xxxx

3. vistaway

vistaway New Member

You know, Laura, I have the same feeling - the number sounds very familiar. I can't seem to find anything that has my old address on it - crazy...

Hi Gemma - Kelly and I certainly remember you - Kelly says hi!

Andy

4. dopey1017

dopey1017 New Member

Hi....

Laura...I am Gemma from Kent and i know the Gemma you mean from West Sussex, she was from Worthing and came out about a month aftre me in 1998...I am still in contact with her,she has been working on the Disney Cruise Line since we left in 1999.

Andy...Do you think i am the Gemma from Scotland, as she was there before me so i am wondering if you are confusing me with her? She had long dark hair, i had short light brown hair when i arrived.....

Gemma.x

5. SarahJane

SarahJane New Member

ANDY!! That would be so awesome if there'd be a reunion! Candace (not sure if you remember her) has been dying to go back, and I want to go back too (but the husband needs an excuse!! LOL!).

How've you been anyways, Andy!? How's Kelly? I've seen Trent around the boards here...and how's Marianne!?

For the record, I don't remember ANY of my apartment numbers! I had 2 different apartments at Vista Way, then one at the Commons....I was one of the first people at the Commons. There was no pool, no security, and only maybe 4 building open and liveable when I got thrown in there! However, I did empty out my old apartment, which made our place at the Commons the ONLY one with a tv, and therefore a very popular hangout! LOL! They also had a bus problem when I first got there...like the drivers kept forgetting to pick us up! Argh! I only lived there for about 2 or 3 months (they should have just left me at VW!)

Speaking of "VW"..Andy, maybe you remember..god, what was his name? He had glasses and he made Tshirts with VW on it, and mugs...and sold phone cards. I wonder how he is doing? I also wonder about Odette, and Kori...they left not long after I arrived.

Any UK'ers remember Paul Holder or Amanda Wallace... Paul dressed as a manager (aka pimp) at a Spice Girls party...God..remember the Spice Girls?

Hey and what about Mike Maloney (Canadian)..didn't he marry his Mexican girlfriend? I heard that anyways....

Anyhow, gotta run for now...glad to see so many oldtimers coming out of the woodwork! (hey, that's what these boards are for!)

6. trixi_lix

trixi_lix New Member

I remember Paul. He was in my arrival group along with Mark Van der Leest and possibly Sean Rogers. Amanda, if its the same one I'm thinking of, was awesome. Not long before I left we went up to St Augustine for a few nights with Andy "too tall". Dont ask me his surname cos i havent a clue but he worked with us in the Rose & Crown and was unbelievably tall! If you're still in touch with amanda, tell her I said hi!

I have my first visit from the Canadian pavillion at the end of March. About time too! Jean-Simon Cantin is coming over for 10 days so I'm gonna show him round scotland for a week and then we're off to london. Yay! Really looking forward to seeing him!

I promised a photo and have had to take a photo of a photo in order to download it so i really hope it works! I reckon its gonna be slightly fuzzy!!! Canada Day 1998. The Castle Tavern (where else)! Its me on the left, candace Fraser & Steph Woitalla. I have never been so wasted in my life. I think its safe to say that it was the best night of my entire year at Disney. You Canadians ROCK!!!!

Fiona xxx

OK....my photo is still too big.......boo! Sorry!!!! I'll try sort it out soon!

7. trixi_lix

trixi_lix New Member

hopefully my photo works this time!!! Canada day, like i said before. I'm so useless with technology!!
    fi xxx

8. trixi_lix

trixi_lix New Member

i am sooooo rubbish! didnt think the photo would be quite so tiny. Doh! I give up!

9. trixi_lix

trixi_lix New Member

Sarah Jane, I've come to the conclusion your best bet for a photo is to look at my MSN my space. I made sure my icon is there on my profile/messages! Theres plenty on there! Including a really good pic of the Punk Party we had in the Castle Tavern in early 1998.......The rest is mainly my husband phil and some friends. The one with all the snow is from Quebec in January 1999. Amazing!

Fi xxx

10. dopey1017

dopey1017 New Member

Hi...I remember Andy Too tall..! He used to hang around with Olly!

Trixi_lix/Fiona....When were you out in Disney as i knew 2 Fionas both in Food and Bev and from Scotland...just wondered if i knew you?

I remember Fiona who had short blonde hair and the other Fiona had short brown hair and trained me on my first week at the Rose and crown?!

Do you remember Layla Talmadge, Louise Graham, Judy ? Tamsin Genge...? Just trying to think of people who were there when i arrived in May 1998.

Gemma.xxx

11. trixi_lix

trixi_lix New Member

Hi Gemma! I am the Fiona with the Blonde Hair. I remember everyone you've mentioned - got some great drunken pics of Olly!! - but I'm curious as to whether you are gemma with the long blonde hair or the short bob?!!! Why is it you end up with a thousand photos, 500 first names and 2 surnames after all this time?!!! I was sorting thru my pics the other day and I'm so mad i've forgotten what some people are called!!! If you're still in touch with any of the guys who were around until I left in August 1998, tell them I said hi and to feel free to mail me and catch up. be good to hear from everyone again!

Fi xxx

12. dopey1017

dopey1017 New Member

Hi Fiona,

I know what you mean about so many photos and lots of first names but not as many surnames, i am the Gemma with the short bob....!

I see Layla alot, she has 2 girls Laura-Beth 4 and Isabella who is 18 months old.Louise was at my wedding back in 2003.Do you remember my roomate Tamsin Dunn, well she is getting marrried in 2 weeks in France and there a few of us going over for that so i am sure it will be great! I have a little girl called Libby, she is 13 months now and just started walking this week which is fab!
    Do you keep in touch with anyone from Disney? I am sure you would remember Po, the little chinese guy who worked in the bar? Well he is going to be a dad in May! Hayley Curtis is one of Tamsins bridesmaids.

Hope all is well for you!

I would post some photos if i knew how! If i can work it out i might put some disney ones on here!
    Gemma...x

13. trixi_lix

trixi_lix New Member

sounds like evryone is doing well! I've also taken the whole family path. I got married in Sep 2002 and had a little girl in dec 2003 called abbie. She's hard work but so much fun at the moment! Its kinda weird to think of everyone being mums and dads....maybe its cos I havent seen anyone in years and still remember us as being only 19 or whatever and think we still are! Or at least I feel like I am sometimes!

Hope you have a great time in France at Tamsin's wedding. Tell her i send my best wishes and everyone else i say hey!

I'll try do the same with my photos but i'm useless so your bes bet is to look at my msn space!

Fi x

14. dopey1017

dopey1017 New Member

Hi Fiona,

Being a mum is great, as you say hard work but still fun at the same time! Have you been to Disney with your family yet? As Libby is only 13 months we think she is too young yet for Orlando...but we are going to Disneyland Paris after Tamsins Wedding for 2 days so i am sure she will enjoy that!

how do i look at your msn space? I tried to attach a photo but it said it was too big? Glad you remember the bin bag party...I remember you being there as i have a few photos of you with others including Emily.....

Speak Again Soon.xx

15. trixi_lix

trixi_lix New Member

Me again..... go to:

http://spaces.msn.com/trixilix69

you should get there that way.......when you find the punk photos, I'm the scary one with the pink and yellow mass of hair at the back!

I havent been back yet. I'm like you and think Abbie's a bit young. And Phil's pants when it comes to roller coasters so who am i gonna go to Universal & Busch Gardens with?!!! I am really homesick for florida at the moment.....Got 'itchy feet' and am dying to get away for a while. Or maybe i just wanna be 19 again! Lol!

fi xx

16. SarahJane

SarahJane New Member

OMG, Mark van der Leest and Sean Rogers! LOL! Those two were trouble when they were together in the mine!!

And Jean-Simon! I loved him! He was so nice and friends with everyone! If he remembers me, tell him I said hello!!!

I opened up your pic on my computer and yes I can see it well! OMG, can you believe Candace now married and Steph and Scott are engaged!! I can't believe how old we are all getting! LMAO!

Oh, and I requested access to your MSN site...approve me so I can see your pics!!!

17. trixi_lix

trixi_lix New Member

i changed the permissions to public so it should be okay for you now.....

I know what you mean about getting old. I had a look at the calendar on here and everyone's birthdays says they're 21, 22, 23, 24..... i feel ancient!

18. SarahJane

SarahJane New Member

Hey I recognize a few people from the Punk Party at Castle Tavern! Lisa used to be my roommate (though she hates me and I won't get on about it publicly as to why!). Though I will say her and I got got on just fine at the beginning! LOL! I wonder how she is doing now!

19. belle

belle New Member

Dopey/Gemma.....are you the Gemma who was my room-mate for a few weeks?!

20. dopey1017

dopey1017 New Member

Hi Belle...

I think you mean the other gemma, as she arrived i think about a month after me? But i remember she shared with someone who left soon after she arrived.

Gemma.x