Anyone on here that's 'old'?

Discussion in 'Alumni Discussion' started by SarahJane, Jan 11, 2006.

1. belle

belle New Member

Gemma - sounds right. I left in the beginning of July and I think I lived with her for 4 or 5 weeks.......at the most.

2. ducka

ducka New Member

Oh Canada, I'm older! Worked in Norway attractions 1989-90, even did some overtime in Canada! We had a(nother) reunion in Oslo a month ago, it never stops... Some you see every time, some show up and it's been 16 years!

3. cigarqueen

cigarqueen New Member

I was there 1998-1999

We were the first arrival group for the commons. It wasn't finished (seemed like it wasn't started lol). Only building 5 and 6. Then it slowly got finished over my 18 months!

Seems ages ago now, but i'd love to go back to it all for a weekend and a Thursday night in PI.

Does anyone remember the horrific Town and Country shuttles. What an experience they were.

4. dopey1017

dopey1017 New Member

Hi Cigarqueen....

I was also one of the first to arrive at the commons, what is your name as i might know you? Were you Merch or F&B? I arrived May 6th 1998 and the commons as you say was unfinished and of course i remember the town and country shuttles, they were a nightmare at times!

I lived in apartment 1017 with Tamsin Dunn she was also from the Uk. My name is Gemma Wright and when i arrived i had short brown/blonde hair?!

Time has flown by since leaving in July 1999, have been back twice and it is great being back!

5. Hamburger

Hamburger New Member

Nobody can top this, I started as a Fellowship in EPCOT's opening year 1982.

Yes, I'm THAT old... ;D

6. snowwhite2

snowwhite2 New Member

Hi - wish I could say I was Alumni - but I am not. Just "old". ::) Went to Disneyworld 1976 in my senior year of high school. After that I headed for Germany and got stuck here. However, my son is going as a CRP in August.

What do you all do today? If you don't mind the question.

Hamburger - I think that is awesome that you still look up wdwip. How was the Fellowship back then?

7. Hamburger

Hamburger New Member

We arrived a month before Epcot opened (we were the "pioneers") and were housed in Snow White Village on Seven Dwarfs Lane off 192. We were moved later to Lake Vista Village. I attended the Fellowship program 1982-1983, went back home, and then returned to participate in the Cultural Representative Program from 1984 to 1985. Again, we were moved into Snow White Village, from there on we found our own housing.

The Fellowship Program was unique. It has changed and influenced my entire life.

We still have reunions every 5 years - somewhere in the world.

I wonder whether there are still international parties at Little Lake Brian?

8. Sparky

Sparky Member

I was there from Jan 2001 in the UK pavillion on f&b, really miss it too, even now.