Bad bad bad boys and girls

Discussion in 'Alumni Discussion' started by gry, May 15, 2005.

1. gry

gry New Member

So what's the most illegal stuff you did while on the program??

I'll go first.
    I bought a car, and got a licence about 3months later (and i dont have one from norway eighter)
    And I guess.. driving to fast, without a insurance, tuesday mornings (after about 3hours of sleep, and waking up still drunk) with out a license is pretty bad..
    That's the worst I did I guess.

Stealing from the Bakery in Norway while working is something all of us did, the managers didnt spend much time there!
    Cookies and pretsels fits perfectly in our pockets! For a snack on the bus on the way home

2. SarahJane

SarahJane New Member

Hmm......illegal eh..? I can't think of anything " illegal"...although I did break WDWIP rules by having, ahem, 'friends' :-* who weren't cast members spend the night....

I also had a gave a guest my phone number WHILE I was working....(but hey - we ended up being a couple for about 2 years, so it was worth it!)

3. gry

gry New Member

Oh yeah...By Illeagal I ment the WDWIP rules really...

So giving out your number wasnt okay eighter? UPS!

4. *Laura*

*Laura* New Member

LOL............ great topic gry.........

think one of the things i remember most is that we used to go into our tea caddy stockroom and eat british chocolate bars cos we missed them so much!!! hahahaha, some stupid people used to leave the wrappers lying around, i mean how stupid is that, if ur gonan eat stuff in disney stock room just dont leave evidence!!!

hmmmmm wat else??

oh yeh...........wen floorstocking and having to count the pins or put cool new ones away in the stockroom it was always a temptation to sample the pins!!! lol

5. flavour

flavour New Member

well, apart from the underage drinking, we sometimes ate some of the candy that couldn't be sold anymore (don't know why we couldn't just have it) and every now and then one of pins just dropped right into my pockets! ;) but nothing really bad!!

later! flavour xoxo

6. Dougslar

Dougslar New Member

Eating chocolate in the tea caddy stock room was always a favourite! Used to purposefully damage the wrappers so they couldn't be sold!!!

Quite a few pins found their way into my pocket while floorstocking!!! If the cardboard bit was missing they couldn't be sold anyway, or at least that was my excuse! Got quite a nice collection now between Epcot and the cruise! Sad I know!!!! :eek:

7. *Laura*

*Laura* New Member

lol @ dougslar........

see the tradition of pin stealage in uk wen u were floorstocker did very much carry on!! and u know wat was the best stress buster? going into the tea carry stock room and picking up an unopened packet of rich tea biscuits and throwin it as hard as possible at the ground........ watch them crumble and smash and u feel so much better, or do as some people did and just throw a 100 dollar tea pot on the floor! hahaha (not me but couple people did!)

8. Dougslar

Dougslar New Member

Best was being in the back sneaking a bit of chocolate or biscuit but then having to go back out onto the floor still trying to munch it down and talk to a guest while wiping the crumbs from the edge of your mouth!!!

Or being in Queen's and standing at the door watching the British Invasion while totally ignoring the guests!!!!

The days in UK Merch were great, except for Crown and Crest!!! ;D

9. *Laura*

*Laura* New Member

yeh we renamed crown and crest.... crown and death!!!

spent most of my time in there making little "calendar cards" on the backs of dump sku cards then taping them with clear tape and then i had pocket sized calendar to keep in my skirt pocket! and spent a lot of time hunting for time capsules too and writing in them

and also we used to play with the giant tennis ball in the arch between crown and toys, me and mhairi were playing that one day, she was toys i was crown and we accidently smashed the window to crown and crest!! hahahahaha

and u wuld also find me in the back stock room of crowns "looking for stock" lol
    or in sports chatting to the cm, or hanging out the door watching the world showcase players, i loved those guys

10. *Laura*

*Laura* New Member

i guess the worst postion in uk merch was cart..........just so damn boring and too hot in summer, i think its toally unfair to expect anyone to work in that heat............not to mention allowing them to get such awful spider bites...oooh and did i mention the black snake that went over my foot whilst on cart and disappeared into the bushes nearby? *argh*

11. Dougslar

Dougslar New Member

You confused me there with the arch between crown and toys!!! Thought you were playing indoors! ???
    But then realised they changed the shops round after I left. When I was there what is now the sports shops was toys and what is now toys was sports! Does that make sense???
    And Kidcot was in that arch between crown and toys/sports! But then just before I left they moved it into Pringles .i.e. sports!!! All very confusing!

Sorry sort of went of the subject of this topic! My apologies!!! ::)

12. Dougslar

Dougslar New Member

I didn't mind carts especially when it rained and you got to close them! And you got to listen to Off Kilter!!!
    Am I right in saying that there is only 1 person on carts now?? (last time I was there on holiday it looked like that!) When I was there there was always 2 people on carts, 1 for pins and the other for the other 2 carts so it was better as you had someone to talk to!!! I used to spend a lot of time out there as a floorstocker pretending I was stocking pins!!!! ;D

13. *Laura*

*Laura* New Member

yer just one person, although wen it was busy we had a uk carts 2 position....... which meant that u were forever fighting about who was gonna serve the guests!! mostly tho if u picked up a second position u didnt tell anyone and u just slacked in the merch office!! yay!!

yeh wen it rained and u got to close that was cool, and if enri was manager u got to bring the register in with u cos u knew he wouldnt make u open it again, well most of the time and if matthew was on, well, yeh u dint bother asking u just bought the register in and cashed it out!!

yep floorstocking was my fave position!!

14. *Laura*

*Laura* New Member

the archway where the big brown gates were to go backstage!!

yer they did a lot of reshuffling in the years but none whilst i was there and none since then that i know of!

so who used to be a stocker then while u were there? we had patty and raylene (i miss my mommy) and some weird guy from I.G called geoff who said wimpleton not wimbledon gggggrrrrrrrr and debbie and elizabeth (or lizzie as we called her!) man u couldnt forget lizzie, i miss lizzie!!!

15. Dougslar

Dougslar New Member

Elizabeth was there when I was there! Don't recognise any of the other names! It was funny when I went back to do the cruise, we went to Epcot one night during Traditions and some cast member came up to me saying there was a picture of me backstage!!!! Almost a year after I left! Good to know I've left an imprint in the UK Pavilion! :eek:

16. soleil plage

soleil plage Guest

Floorstocker - what a laugh - the world biggest slacking off position - I used to love driving down to lost property behind the back of the land - that was cool (never had any lost property the whole time I was there though ;))

I never did anything 'Disney illegal' the whole time I was there  8) i was a good good girl...

Is marianne still in HRC and Ana?

Apologies Miss Dougal - i've gone totally off topic here!!

17. Ona

Ona Member

I could never understand it. I was always running around like a headless chicken wheneven I was floorstocker. Never enough hours in the day! :eek: I loved it though. Always keeping busy, always something to do. By the time I left though, floorstock didn't have to pick up kidcot anymore, so no more pargo rides. :'( So sad.

I was a good girl too. Alas my concience would never allow me to sleep if I did anything even remotely "Disney illegal". ;D I remember not sleeping for a week not long after I arrived due to the fact that I had accidently gone home with a pin backing card (not even a pin back!) in my pocket! Yip, I was the sad ass who didn't even like to talk to other CMs on stage as it was bad show. So sad. ::) ;D

Marianne and Ana were still there when I was there. But I know there was a big reshuffle going on since they were trying for UK authentic only CMs in HRC. I'm pretty sure ana went over to the MK where they opened a another HRC store. She's such a sweetie. :)

Ona x

18. *Laura*

*Laura* New Member

hehehehe ona, you definately were the "goody two shoes" (said in a nice way!!!) if thats the words for it, but we all loved you for it....and i have to give u respect for not chatting to other cms in the stores......

unfortunately i wasnt quite as disciplined as ona as i just have issues following big corporation rules that are just sometimes downright stooopid!!!!!

some days floorstocker was busier than others, yes there were days wen u had laods to do but sometimes no where needed stocking and you just got to hang around and finish off little projects that needed doing in the office which was always a plus!!

lol, actually i once was wearing a tiara that was sold in the toy store and only realised i sitll had it on wen i was on the bus home from epcot so i made amends in my head and gave it to my roomie's little niece who came over to visit, as a magical moment away from work! i had felt so bad that i had walked past security at cast services with it on but once i gave it away it was fine!

i did love my magical moments, i was the saddo who used to call in things from the commons wen i suddenly remembered them, and who used to do magical moments on my days off too!

as for that pargo,............ i love it!!! the first time i ever went on the pargo was with vicki and jojo...... they were sittin in the front and i was in the back part of it where you sat the kidcot supplies, and we drove roudn the whole of backstage leaning out of it and trying to pick up as many cones as possible and then we would go and dump them in random places!!!!! hehehe, i guess i was lucky i didnt get caught lying in the back of that thing but it was great fun!!!

and yeh i loved ana from HRC but that marianne, well if she was the woman who used to cook fish in the microwafve in uk breakroom and then sit picking the skin off it, then yuk yuk yuk, she annoyed the hell outta me, she was definately from a southern state :S

yeh ana is now at mk, i used to go and see her sometimes once she had moved!!

19. Ona

Ona Member

No Laura the fishy woman was Joanne. :eek: Marianne had short dark hair and ended up being a kind of supervisor.

Ons x

20. *Laura*

*Laura* New Member

oooh yeh thats the one...... :eek:

lol thank u for remindin me hunny......

as for marianne........ i caught her twice in the back stock room taking sun cream for herself..... and raylene did once too we did report it tho..........but she was so temperamental that woman