Can't get rid of that pixie dust?

Discussion in 'Alumni Discussion' started by Ona, Jun 2, 2005.

1. Ona

Ona Member

It's so true that there are many things which are in-jokes for alumni and al Cast Members alike. I was browsing and came across these Disney Memories elsewhere here on wdwip.com. They are so true. We are forever changed. It really is incredibly difficult to remove all that pixie dust which we ammssed over our year with the mouse. ;D

Feel free to add your own. I'll start. :)

21) Whenever someone says "Goodevening" you think "We are gathered here tonight ......."

Any more?

Ona x

2. MyLittlePony

MyLittlePony New Member

22) You catch yourself doing crowd control in the subway station and on escalators.

3. Ona

Ona Member

;D

23) Dialing 7101 when you see a lightbulb out a work. ;D

Ona x

4. Dougslar

Dougslar New Member

24) When every sentence begins with : "When I was at Disney..........blah, blah, blah!"
    (even 3 years after you've returned!) ::)

5. Ona

Ona Member

Lol. Yeah it can be a bit like ....."This one time... At band camp .........". ;D

Ona x.

6. SarahJane

SarahJane New Member

Oohh I like number 24!

25) Everyone thinks you are a Scout because you keep pointing with two fingers.

(seriously, still 'point' with two fingers or my whole hand!)

7. MyLittlePony

MyLittlePony New Member

26) You find it BAD SHOW when somebody's tattoo or piercing peeks out. That should be covered by your garments or put elsewhere!

8. charlie

charlie Guest

27) when ure in a sales jobs after disney... you find yourself calling customers... 'guests'... and get some very strange looks...

28) when u have nothing to do at work..... u sometimes wonder what would CDS give me to do... or u try to find a pack of playing cards to enterain the kids with....

29) at work u look at everyone who has a mobile phone or pager on their waist and think... hmmm... are they mystery shopping me????

Just a few i find i do at my sales jobs.... lol......Charlie... xo

keep them coming this was a good topic ona....

9. *Laura*

*Laura* New Member

wen im at work i always find that im constantly referring to the housekeeping staff as "custodial".....

like wen i need a cubicle cleaned i am always like, yeh il call custodial and every one looks at me like im really weird!!!

and the pointing thing as well always gets me! but definately cos im working with sick kids i always find that i tell them stories about disney to cheer them up.....liike if we have to do blood tests on kids then i sit there and i tell them random stories about mickey mouse and ask them who their favourite princess is....so now wen certain doctors are on the ward they grab me to get me to go in and tell disney stories!!!!

it really is a case of "this one time at band camp" syndrome! lol

i find myself doing a good turn type thing and then thinking i must remember to call it into to 7006!!! lol

guess we can never forget the magic eh? once a disney cast member always a disney cast member!

xxxxxx

10. flavour

flavour New Member

31) when you keep smiling at people and welcome them to your country

when i came back i was constantly running around with a smile on my face and i guess it kinda freaked people out...hahaha!

11. sebonlavie

sebonlavie New Member

32) When you are doing your own shopping, and you see someone looking around and you tell him/her: "Are you looking for something?"

33) When you are doing your own shopping, you pass someone and smyle...a moment later, the same person come to you and ask "sorry, do you know where the soap is?"

It haapens at least twice a week...

12. Quark

Quark New Member

On another note, don't you think some of that has actually made your life a bit more positive? I now see myself chatting to bus drivers, or being nice to that cashier at Tesco's and then I realize that's still the Disney bug inside of me. To be honest, there's not a single thing I have taken from Disney that I really hate - even pointing with two fingers seems kinda cool, because no one else does it - and I'm sure not to offend anyone...

13. MyLittlePony

MyLittlePony New Member

Yes, I'm always polite and chatty with people in the service business. Which is extremely unusual in Norway, most people over here are SO RUDE! Like New Yorkers, LOL, or so I've heard...

14. Ona

Ona Member

I guess I was more like that when I first got home.

I had my interview for uni. two days after I got home and I left by telling my tutor to "Have a great Day!". Not a common parting greeting here in the west of Scotland! ;D

But I'm not so aware of doing it anymore. :( I guess I've been "ground down" by the not-so-cheesy-happy-smiley attitude here. Sad but true. Lol. ::) ::)

34) You offer to take photos for random tourists. (However, most of them think you're going to steal their camera. Hee hee. ;D)

35) You see someone wearing a Disney item of clothing and immediately want to comment. i.e. "Wow! So is Minnie your favourite character? I love Tink myslef." Lol. ;D

Ona x

15. Ona

Ona Member

Just thought of another.

36) You can't walk past Subway (as in sandwiches) without feeling ill.

Ona x

16. gry

gry New Member

This is so true!!!
    I love number 34 Ona!!!
    :D :D :D

17. Dan

Dan New Member

Can't argue with No.36, The subway one.

I don't think I could bring myself to eat another Seafood sub again.

Dan

18. Dan

Dan New Member

At work, I started saying to my fellow Yorkshire-ites "Have a Nice Day". Needless to say, nothing was said. They just looked at me funny-like, laughed (the odd one shook their head with a little grin) and walked away. I was kind of embarassed.LOL

That's not Yorkshire talk either. Or UK talk even.

May I add;

(37) Walking around in your work clothes, and having females (either a LOT younger than you or much, much older) start giggling and saying how cute you look. Having said that, which other job would I wear giant white socks and grey shorts?

Dan

19. gry

gry New Member

38) Having nothing to talk about (except disney) cause you have been saying the same things over and over and over again everyday for a year.

Hi, welcome to Norway, my name is Gry I'm gonna take care of you to day!
    Yes, I'm really from Norway. We come here and we work for a year.
    Then we go home cause the VISA expires. And NO- we can not stay longer!
    The toilet? just around the corner on your right side.
    KidCot? Inside the merchendise store, third room, left side!
    Yes, Illuminations will go on, even if it's raining.
    And as we say in Norwegian, takk for besøket og velkommen tilbake, that meens thank you for coming and welcome back!

20. Dan

Dan New Member

(39) Being asked to say something in English.

(Presuming they meant in an accent or whatever. I sincerely hope they meant that :-\)

Dan