Can't get rid of that pixie dust?

Discussion in 'Alumni Discussion' started by Ona, Jun 2, 2005.

1. flavour

flavour New Member

i really miss that talking to internationals as well...when i worked at hard rock cafe we had customers from all over there, too, just like disney...now i work at a movie theatre and since movies here are all dubbed i only have german customers :(
    but whenever i hear someone speaking english i always try to get them to notice me and say something which must look really, really strange sometimes! haha

flavour xoxo

2. KC

KC New Member

Ona, it's 8855 now, not 7101...

Duh :p

KC

3. Trev

Trev New Member

I still speak in radio, doing the Disney point and talking to the kids rather then the parents in my shop now. People are really wary that I'm attempting to sell them something by being super friendly and polite.

I have managed to stop hissing now as that really confused people.

4. DisneyGibbs

DisneyGibbs Active Member

Kev, so picky :p

I also think that nothing can ever beat Wendy's...they need them in the UK, complete with James Suave with cups on his hands..haha fun times

5. I was in a shop (the one i work in) yesterday and im sure i heard someone hissing, i looked around but could only see old ladies....

6. gismo1554

gismo1554 New Member

Yeah have to admit still doing the Disney point (and actually told someone off yesterday for using a normal point). I also talk in Disney! Every now and then I will say things and I'm sure I wouldn't have said it that way before Disney! Very odd but I still find myself slipping in to it.

7. Tiddelypom

Tiddelypom New Member

Hehe I'm going to be AWFUL. I pick stuff up so quickly... I work with a South African girl and yesterday i suddenly realised I had this weird weird twang in my voice and then it clicked that I had 'found' my inner SA accent haha.

And I already do The Point :p Just found a facebook group devoted to it and as I said on there, it just seems very natural... I guess it was just ingrained from a young age. I was always told it was rude to point and seeing as Disney people were pointing like that then it MUST be ok!

It feels WEIRD to point with 1 finger!