Career with Disney

Discussion in 'Alumni Discussion' started by DisneyGibbs, May 4, 2006.

1. brennan0720

brennan0720 New Member

so then i guess if you want a career with disney you have to be or be married to an american.. neither of which is bad... i kind of fancy american girls

2. Ona

Ona Member

Andy, over the past two years I have heard a few scraps of info. from various different sources. All seem to lead me to the same conclusion.

It is not impossible. However, it does seem that you have to know the right person, at the right time, and be the right person at the the right time. That doesn't necessarily mean wonderfully qualified for the particular job. What it does mean, I'm not quite sure however. :-\ Hence, the need for the magical powers. :D

The other thing which has prevented me from investigating further, is that I don't really have any desire to live in London. I'm not adverse to the suggestion but it's really not my favourite place in the whole wide world. But, needs must when the devil drives I guess. :-\ Like you Lou, I love the FL lifestyle. As much as I want to work for Disney, it's really more that I want to work for WDW.

For the moment, I'm doing this prog. then hopefully DCL (or perhaps DLRP if I can learn some french :-\). I will continue to keep investigating any and all possibilities however. :-\

Ona x

3. Ona

Ona Member

How many times can you use the :-\ smiley in one post. ::) ;D

Ona x

4. PeXoXaLoVePooH

PeXoXaLoVePooH Active Member

sorry but what DLRP means?? :-\ :-\ :-[ :-[

i would love work 4ever at disney too!!! its my dream job! ;D

5. adjonline

adjonline New Member

DLRP=Disneyland Resort Paris.

And thanks, Ona.

6. PeXoXaLoVePooH

Thx!!!

im thinking on take a french course but i dont sure if i would like live in Europe, i prefer Florida lol

7. adjonline

adjonline New Member

If you're interested in going there for a short time without learning French, they do hire English-only speakers into roles in entertainment.

But yet...I think there's something slightly nicer about Florida :p

8. PeXoXaLoVePooH

that sounds interesting...
    well first i will try IP and then look for other options lol, i think for me i would prefer florida because is close to home :p, but paris could be interesting! :p

9. adjonline

adjonline New Member

Yep, I'm sure Florida is a slightly nicer option :)

10. Beth

Beth New Member

so anyone else know anything about hammersmith opportunities?

x

11. adjonline

adjonline New Member

12. brennan0720

brennan0720 New Member

french is very boring to learn.. i took it for 6 years and was thoroughly dissapointed with what i learned

13. Matt1133

Matt1133 New Member

I wouldn't mind working at Disneyland Paris. I've been in French Immersion since kindergarten and my degree is bilingual so that should help! I like french though, it's a very smooth language and because it is a romance language, it will help me when I try to learn Spanish and Italian!

14. brennan0720

brennan0720 New Member

french helped me out learning spanish... i probably would appreciate it more if i were in immersion but alas normal french in alberta was somewhat of a joke... i learned more in a semester of spanish than i did in french 4 through 9.

15. PeXoXaLoVePooH

well im thinking on take some courses of french and since i speak spanish (im mexican) i thought its a little eassier, i like french, i think is a romantic lol i would love a boy come and speak me in french!

and if any of u want some help with spanish i can help u :D

16. brennan0720

brennan0720 New Member

thanks... where abouts in mexico do you live? some good friends of mine who were exchange students here in canada all live there

17. PeXoXaLoVePooH

im from Merida, Yucatan

i what part of Canada? one of my friends was there in nova escotia

18. brennan0720

brennan0720 New Member

alberta.. about 4000 miles away from nova scotia lol

anyways my friend live in saltio (sp?) near texas

19. PeXoXaLoVePooH

Saltillo, i guess because english doesnt use LL o RR

yes its in the other part of country saltillo is in the north and im on the south, im down of Florida its only 1:30 or 2 hrs max to Orlando

20. Matt1133

Matt1133 New Member

Yeah Brennan, immersion is definitely the way to go. It's hard to learn a language just in a class especially if you almost never get to use it. I think it depends where you are too. In Red Deer, we had a pretty sweet french immersion program. In fact, it was so good that when I went to the French Faculty at the U of A, my french was better than most except those who spoke french as a native language. But there are a lot of french programs in Alberta that aren't as good as they could be.

But Spanish would be really cool to learn. In fact, I'm taking a Spanish class next year!