Career with Disney

Discussion in 'Alumni Discussion' started by DisneyGibbs, May 4, 2006.

1. Sabrina1981

Sabrina1981 New Member

here is a link about children of US.citizens and how they become citizens theirself.
    http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/howto/w2w/wtow4.htm#for

2. PeXoXaLoVePooH

PeXoXaLoVePooH Active Member

about the jobs in disney paris, i guess its just if my native language is english? because well im mexican so my native language is Spanish, and where i can find more info about it??

thx for the help :)

3. DisneyGibbs

DisneyGibbs Active Member

Wish I'd been born American :'(

4. Sabrina1981

Sabrina1981 New Member

wait till i come there. I take you out and find you husband ;) and if you keep working so much i just bring him to your job and make him take your ride over and over again LOL

5. monkian

monkian New Member

hee hee hee...darn my mind can be dirty at times

6. Sabrina1981

Sabrina1981 New Member

:eek: i mean that jungel thing she is on now ... badbad :D

7. monkian

monkian New Member

sure you did!!! ha ha ha ;D

8. Ona

Ona Member

Oh dear dear dear. :eek: ;D

Ona x

9. DisneyGibbs

DisneyGibbs Active Member

Please.. keep it clean :p the JC is a family attraction and we'd like to keep it that way :p

:D

10. Sabrina1981

Sabrina1981 New Member

I really have to work some more on my englisch skills so that i dont end up saying stuff with two meanings while i am at work and dont even realize it :-[ ;)

11. FeeBleu

FeeBleu New Member

Come on girls Im sure you are preety gals, find yourselves american boyfriends...

It worked for my dad.... He is german but born with an american heart. He never gave up his german nationality but he married my mom (an american) that he met at Epcot (as a matter of fact). After a year he left, but my mom followed him lol. Two years later came me, Melanie. My parents chose to give me the american nationality although I was born in Germany lol

So if it worked for my dad Im sure it can work for you. All you need is a bit of faith, trust and pixie dust ;D ;)
    (and Ive got to find myself a boyfriend, preferably foreigner.... German or Canadian.... lol oh whatever Ill take whatever comes along lol)

12. kerrbear

kerrbear New Member

i have been reading through and i have a question, jst like one of those hypothetical ones ... right, say you fell pregnant in the UK and then went off to the states and just so happens to have your baby there ... would that give you citizen ship?? not that im thinking of doing that but hey its always an option... heehee just kidding!!

13. FeeBleu

FeeBleu New Member

I have heard several foreigners (mexicans, cubans, close countries) doing that.... If their children were born in the states they are allowed to citizenship and so parents can stay in the country.... Whether its true I have no idea...

14. toddlystockley

toddlystockley New Member

The other option is to become a stockbrooker, make loads of money and buy millions of shares in disney and stage a major takeover bid and when you own the company you can do whatever you want ;D ;D ;D

(I'm thinking abit of wishful thinking is involved with this idea)

Stockers

15. rachet

rachet New Member

so is living permanently in orlando is a bit of a no-go for us UK people?? I am one of the many who would love a career in disney one day, but am held back by my english heritage :'(

16. adjonline

adjonline New Member

It's not a total no-go; I've encountered cast who are there on a full-time basis, both hourly and leadership. I have yet to find one, however, that didn't acquire their permanent residence status through marriage.

It has been pointed out to me though that Northern Irelanders, if you by some chance you happen to originate from there, have a very slight advantage: you are at least eligible for the green card lottery (officially the diversity lottery), which is basically a ballot in which a certain number of visas are given away. Sadly citizens of the rest of the UK are not eligible, because there is too much immigration on other visas and thus it would not promote diversity. Which is annoying...!

17. *Cecilie*

*Cecilie* New Member

I've been reading through this thread, and I don't quite understand. You say that you cannot do the International Program again... but I know about several Norwegians who have re-applied and stayed with the IP for two or three years. Can this only be possible in Norway?? That sounds odd. I understand that you can't stay any longer than a year with the visa you get for the IP, but I know you can apply and go down there again when you have returned to your country (at least in Norway). You have to go through the application/interview process all over, and you can be accepted for the program again. I'm a Norwegian myself and won't be going down until July 07, but I'm already imagining I won't want to leave Disney after a year :p ...which is why I am checking out my possibilities for the year after. I think you have to just talk to people when you get down there. If you know the right people, who knows what might happen :p..haha. Personally i'm not so sure that I would like to stay and do the IP over again if you don't have the opportunity of working my way up. I'm not really looking for a career with Disney, but I think i would love to stay for a few years :p ...and I would LOVE to have the opportunity of auditioning for Entertainment... though I guess that might be difficult :p (though not impossible right?!)

18. shannybanany

shannybanany New Member

You can do it again, you just have to have been back home for a year.

19. AshleyDawn

AshleyDawn New Member

I know some people from Norway who've done the IP a couple of times - and friends of my aunt's family have gone down every summer to work somehow. So it can be done somehow :/

20. so that means that I can still do the summer programme in one year and as long as I do my last year at university I can apply for the year programme?