Careers/Jobs after your experiences as a Disney CP and/or IP

Discussion in 'Alumni Discussion' started by cheerAli@Disney!, May 3, 2005.

1. Littlefoot

Littlefoot New Member

Hi Paul,

I am one of those weird people who really do love my job, although the location of where I do it may need ot change soon if I don't begin to get a bit more time to myself. Working out of the biggest convention centre in Canada means we are constantly booked. But oh well...I guess that's what growing up means...having to work instead of play all the time(apparently you are lucky to escape that tho!).

I do see and talk to a bunch of people from those days: Charlotte just came visiting a few months back, Neil form Scotland was here last week for a wedding (Tom from Mill Vill(UK) and Val from Canada), Tracy, Drew, Jon (not as much since he moved to Australia last year), Levon, Shawn Gavigan, Lee-Anne, Olivia. Mainly Canadians, and since a ton live here in Toronto, we are pretty lucky. I am missing a bit of a reunion this weekend, which is unfortunate.

I am just working on my boyfriend to take a trip to see what's doing down there in Orlando. The last time I was there was in Jan 2003 with Jon, and we hooked up with Gavin (you must remember him), who lives in Florida now with his wife Summer(he met her there) and they have a little girl. So, I'm going through a bit of withdrawl.

You ever thought of going back for a visit?

ali

2. glasgow paws

glasgow paws New Member

hi ali,
    oh yeah forgot about gav and summer.they were in west palm beach and were going to move back to orlando last i heard.My girlfriend and i were planning to go back to orlando next year, so will probably look them up.

Will be y first time back there since working there so i imagine it will be a bit strange, probably try and get on the K shuttle when the park closes or something !

paul

3. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell New Member

back to uni,for another two years......... :)

4. soleil plage

soleil plage Guest

hey tinkerbell

can you go back and do the College program again? have you got the option to go back and do the International Program?

ciao :)

5. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell New Member

hi soleil..
    how are you?..... ;D
    i have the option to do the International program,which is great.Although i am a little confused about the CP,as was told by julie(woman who interviewed me).that i could not re do the program,Although i have been informed from other CP's you can and by managers.......

who knows....although ,I would love to be in entertainment.so i think ill try Disneyland Paris first... ;D ;D

take care

Nat
    ;D ;D

6. Dancing_Queen

Dancing_Queen New Member

Just tuned in and wanted to brag that 5 months later I am a Manager on Duty in my hotel now ;D Land of unlimited opportunities :p
    Julia

7. wow! thats great it helps out so much for a tourism/hospitality job, I finish my Travel and Airline program in 2 more weeks! Now I just have to figure out where to do my practicum.........

8. Dancing_Queen

Dancing_Queen New Member

Oh it definitely does. Americans go crazy with these promotions ::) :p I am very grateful to have started here, because in Germany I would have needed 3 years to get the position I now have.
    Julia

9. WDWDonna

WDWDonna New Member

When two of my friends and I returned to Toronto we were asked to be part of the opening CMs for the first Disney Store in Canada. (this is going back 12 years) I was a CM for five, but I also worked in my career field of television broadcasting. Being in the IP always made for more relaxed interviews because we rarely talk about the jobs. I don't think I ever got any other jobs because of WDW, but I wouldn't trade it for the world