Castmembers 98/99

Discussion in 'Alumni Discussion' started by djscotia, Apr 26, 2006.

1. djscotia

djscotia New Member

hi all

just a wee note to see if anyone worked at EPCOT during 1998 to 1999? i worked in UK Merchandise and had the time of my life, met friends and memories i will treasure forever!!

hope everyone is well

stuart :)

2. dopey1017

dopey1017 New Member

Hi Stuart....

I remember you....Good to hear you are well.

My name is Gemma and i lived in apt 1017 with Tamsin from the UK.I still see loads of the Disney crew and been to a few disney weddings now! I was in F&B, i had short brown/blonde hair which i dyed red after a few months?

Let me know anyone you remember from F&b or Merch?

what are you up to now? I got married in 2003 and have a 15 month old daughter so she keeps me busy.

Gemma.x

3. glasgow paws

glasgow paws New Member

alright mate, i moved into your apartment at 22 when you moved out. Thanks for the rangers stickers, and the roomie of the year "ken". Spoke to you on the phone a couple of times. Hope life is treating you well. Were you not up in the Piping Cente for a while ?

Paul 8)

4. Jmpat

Jmpat New Member

Well, I worked in UK merch between july 1999-jan 2000 so it's possible that we worked together. I would have been a newie as you were reaching the end of your contract so maybe we didn't mixed that often. give me some more clues....

5. djscotia

djscotia New Member

lol, no problem Paul!!! Yeah, Ken lol!!! C'MON THE GERS!!!!he had to be the roomate from hell!!! my old roomie was from germany, so so so so tidy unlike me but when Ken came along, Kim & Aggy would have lost it with him!!!

yeah, i was there from july 98 to september 99 so we probably did work together for a bit. I fell in love with an Imogen Bailey i think her name was and wee blonde Laura used to work on Merch as well. She ended up going off with Alistair "Im no a bufty" Mackinnon. Man, not heard from him in a while! I was the one that was all patriotic and had Scotland running through my veins (unlike Paisley who have something else!) lol.

Yeah, Gemma, how can i forget! are you going to lusty linda's wedding? i think Crazy Caroline might go to that. Anyone remember her, the one with the really worn white Cancun t-shirt and black bra that used to sing "Bubbling Pig" in honour of the Piglet that blew bubbles from its backside during flower and garden?

anyways, great memories, great people!!!

6. slider1271

slider1271 New Member

Hello all ,

i can see all cast from 98/99 are back ..
    i jean ,from the chef de france (dec.97 to march 99) i remember imogene she was working for DCL after epcot, like a lot castmember (me also).
    Like also Gemma crocket ect... i was lucky because i did the International program , working for the disney magic and did the management program.
    by the way i will make a ten years celebration party in 2007 (summer) in strasbourg.With a lot of cast from france germany and maybe now people from england.
    All cast member from 97/98/99 please be ready for the big party.
    Jean Jimenez

jimenezjean@yahoo.fr

7. Jmpat

Jmpat New Member

Oh god, yeah I do remember you!! You always wore that kilt didn't you? I definetly remember Imogen, Laura and Alister (I heard they stayed together for quite a while post-Disney) also Lusty and Gemma....lots of great memories.

I'm still I regular contact with Andrew 'I've had a bit of both but noth enough of either' Messenger (who was on the fellowship programe and arrived a few weeks after me), Samie Ashrafi (both Andrew and Samie are both air steward's now: Andrew for Virgin and Samie for Emmerts). Also little Lisa Harrison, who went onto work in Paris with Peter 'not so' Manley, Steve Clemo and Mary (Shamekia) Fletcher-Ward, and then for DCL. She's still with Adnane who worked in Morocco and me and my Husband are going out to Vegas this summer for their wedding. Me and Lisa still see Anna Haddlington alot too (Lisa more so than me and they both living in the Midlands) - it was Anna wedding December just gone - she works for First Choice now as their Disney rep traveling the UK making sure all the branches have the Disney product knowledge and branding 'spot on' (cool job). Actually, me, Lisa and Anna are going to see the Rocky Horror show in Birmingham in a few weeks together (does anyone remember Anna dressed as Frankenfurter at Halloween '99?)

Who else? Let me think, I still see Lexy quite alot, she lives with Louise 'Cockermouth' Collier but neither of them speak to Zoe anymore - those three where thick as theives back then. Lexy keeps 'off-on' contact with Peter, who worked for the Crest Company (HRC) from Solvakia - remember him? I have meet up with Nathan too a couple of times who keep's me abreast with Lalita and Naomi's updates (Naomi came to Anna's wedding actually and she's not changed one iota)

And what of me? I'm trying to think what might be my memorable feature/charateristc, but I'm struggling. I think in the time between me arriving and you going I will have been realitively quiet, plus i worked on the other side of the street from you, in the Tea Caddy, I was in Missy's 'home room' and you would have been in either Lisa's or Rebecca's. Missy left Disney a few years ago to take up acting (Lexy went to visit her in Orlando last year) and when I've been back to Orlando I've seen Lisa, she still works for Disney but in Animal Kingdom (Asia) now.

What's life had in store for you post-Disney? Anything exciting? Who do you keep in touch with?

8. Dougslar

Dougslar New Member

Sorry I'm butting in on your thread! I was at Epcot from 2001-2202 but just read you worked with Lisa Harrison. I worked with Lisa on the Disney Wonder in 2003! In fact I was her trainer in merch!!! ;D

Tell her I said hi and to e-mail Laura some time!! ;)

Thanks,

Laura. :)

9. Jmpat

Jmpat New Member

Hey Laura!

No worries - I defo tell her when I see her! I was on the Wonder (as a guest - I was on my honeymoon) Sept 2004 and I met some cast who remembered working with Lisa. From what Lisa's told me about the cruise it sounds like alot of hard work! Not sure I could have worked all those hours, not to mention living in a shoe box!

I will have been out in WDW as a guest also while you were working in Epcot - an ex-cast member walking around the pavilion feeling like a fish out of water...the surroundings exactly as you remember them but all new faces everywhere...wondering if the Uk castmembers think you look like a scuzzer! (it a very strange expereience 'going back' for those of you who haven't yet done it, and a little bit emotional)

By the way, just relased that in my last post I never actually gave any clues as to who I was! Dhoo!

My name's Julie (was Oliver, now Paterson). You might not recongise me from the photo as this one's from 2004 when I was on my honeymoon (hence the hat) and I used to wear glasses too, at least I did for the first few months). I lived in building one in apt 118 but our building wasn't exactly 'party central' with being so close to security! But I do remember attending plenty of Commons party's! Halloween I went a 'Poison Ivy' but everyone thought I was a tree!! (I was not happy!) Like I said manily worked in the Tea Caddy/Wales during my time. I was only there 6 months (how I wish I'd extended now).

Ju xox

10. glasgow paws

glasgow paws New Member

some old skool names making an appearance there.....wow peter from slovakia....i used to hang out with him. nearly got us killed at mardi grad new orleans. Sami al ashrafi......now there's a name from the past....worked in the food n wine festival with him, well i worked, he ate the food and tanned the wine ;) alastair from scotland who was in Merch......that boy used to crack me up, what a top bloke, he used to swear loudly in the shop , but he would just tell people he was talikng in "gaelic" or some nonsense.....tremendous. oh aye.......DJ scotia yer right....we are the people"!

11. Littlefoot

Littlefoot New Member

Wow...crazy to hear those old names again! Sami...who could forget him?? He was so loud (but funny for sure!). And pete manley! I've never heard that nickname for him, but boy does that make me laugh. Laura I remember. After Alistair left, she hung out with Rob from the pub, who was in my arrival group. She was always so sweet too. And Andrew Messenger too...all these Brits who we Canadians hung out with too...

Julie, I don't think I remember you. I was a Canadian merchie who would have been there with you (oct 99 - oct00), so we should have crossed paths too.

ali

12. glasgow paws

glasgow paws New Member

Julie,

Big ask this , but, if i can PM you my mobile number, if you see Lexy, could you pass my number to slovakian peter via Lexy. It would be greatly appreciated, haven't seen him for ages, and last i heard he was in NY, but thats all i know.

Cheers

Paul
    (The Cheeky Bar Steward)

13. djscotia

djscotia New Member

WOW!!!! glad to see everyone is doing well!!!

Man, Alistair used to crack me up. We used to talk really Glaswegian to each other in slang and tell guests that we were talking Gaelic, thats right!!! hahaha

I remember teh day that Peter started in HRC, I took him under my wing and he became an adopted brit. Remember his black Nissan that crashed and he didnt have it for ages! He used to listen to Eminem in taht passio wagon, was great. Yeah, if anyone speaks to him tell him i said hi!!

Julie, i kinda remember you, post another pic of yourself if you can. I remember Anna Hadlington well, i was her arrival buddy if thats what its called. I had to call her before she came out to make her feel welcome.

God, so many memories coming back! anyone speak to alistair at all, would like to speak to him again. Anyone remember Allan Turner Ward?

14. Jmpat

Jmpat New Member

Hey everyone,

It's funny how we all have different memories that spark off new ones for each of us! I remember that Alister and Stuart used to do that whole Glaswegian-Gaelic thing, we used to spin some c**p to the guests didn't we!!

Sami was so good at telling 'stories' - at high volume of course! He used to tell a great one about his mum winning a life time supply of washing powder...hilarious! God, I'd forgotten all about Peter's car, we used to risk our lives and get a lift back to to commons with him rather than wait for than damn shuttle (which of course was a death trap in itself). His car ended up in the bottom of a lake i seem to remember (i'll see what i can do about getting his mobile but could be problematic as i think Lexy lost touch with him).

I'm gonna try and post a better picture, one from 'back in the day' but I don't have a scanner so it might take some time for me to figure it out.

Ali, yeah I think we must have known each other, it would have been towards the end of my contract though.

Julie x

15. MPSPicard

MPSPicard New Member

Hi All!,

I was in the Canadian mine from May '98 - October. Some of you might remember me as the "Rabid Canadian" I lived in apt 1214(I think) and many of the names listed here are very familiar to me. I am probabally more infamous for being termed. The big Disney fan who got turfed! I lived with Tron from Norway, Jesus from Mexico and Marco from Germany. I do remember Stu, Gemma, Steve Clemo and Mark (who alway made spagatti bollenese) Stu you might remember me for our "laser wars!" Or can anyone remember our friendly rivalry "Canada Rocks and UK Drools!!" wow those were the days.......

Chris from Canada

16. dopey1017

dopey1017 New Member

Hi Chris.....

So you remember me? I can't think who you are....Meeting so many you sometimes forget people...The photo isn't very clear for me to see.
    When in May did you arrive? I arrived May 6th 1998 with Tim, Jarret, Kris, Aaron and Vera who were all from canada? Do you remember any of them? I don't know how to add photos on to my profile.....or into posts as i would scan some and put them up for all to see. Shame as i have some good photos of the commons before it was finished!

Good to hear all is well...Still miss the great times of the Commons....

I am off to a disney friends wedding this weekend along with many others!

Gemma.x

17. SarahJane

SarahJane New Member

I was there 97-98! Though I have no idea what my apartment number was.

I started out at Vista Lay Way, and then moved to the Commons shortly before I returned home. Ugh, when I moved to the commons, there were only 4 building open and being used! We had no security, no pool, no IP office... there was one bus that came by every once in a blue moon to take us to V.W to use their facilites and stuff...and even THEN we couldn't stay at V.W any longer than normal outside guests could!!

18. MPSPicard

MPSPicard New Member