Celebrity encounters?

Discussion in 'Alumni Discussion' started by SarahJane, May 15, 2005.

1. SarahJane

SarahJane New Member

I have a few, but let's here some of yours first!!!!

2. Dougslar

Dougslar New Member

Saw John Travolta sneeking through the shop to get on Rock 'n' Rollercoaster at MGM Studios! I was standing in the way with my back to him when I heard his body guard asking me to move! He looks a lot taller in real life but then again maybe it's because I'm a wee Scots lass!!!!

Seemingly Usher was in one of the UK shops one night but I missed him as I was running around floorstocking!

And Michael Jackson was backstage at the UK one night after I left! One my Irish friends caught a quick picture of him!

3. *Laura*

*Laura* New Member

mmmmm yeh one evening chad michael murray (dawsons creek) ended up in the uk sports shop and it was pissing down outside and the person in sports rang round all the other uk shops and everyone left their shops and guests to come over to sports and spy on him!!! yum!!

pat sharpe of funhouse was in the uk too one day and one of my friends who was working in crown and crest started singing the theme tune to funhouse to see how he would respond!!!

lol

4. shannybanany

shannybanany New Member

John Stamos (Uncle Jesse from Full House) was in the pavilion one day.

Wayne Brady was on stage with Off Kilter.

Then there was the day Paul Walker (Fast & Furious) was in the pavilion. I was at Kidcot and there was another CM in the Boutique and at Kidcot with me...suddenly they both disappeared and I found out later that they had followed him to the attraction. He walked through the store but I was so busy doing the work of 3 people that I missed him!!!!! I was so pissed off!!!

Shan

5. Sophie

Sophie New Member

Althoug I hated the attraction, sometimes it had its positive sides ..
    I met Christopher Reeves and his family and even got the chance to talk to him. He was really an amazing person who really cared about others ! That was a GREAT day ... 

Sophie  :-*

6. shannybanany

shannybanany New Member

Sophie!!!!

How are ya?? I'm coming to Montreal sometime soon to meet up with Lili. You should come out with us.

Shan

7. Sophie

Sophie New Member

Shan !!!!!!!!!

Im doing pretty good .. I would looooove to see you 2 ... just let me know when you get to mtl ... you have my email + msn !!!

Sophie  :-*

8. SarahJane

SarahJane New Member

I have a GREAT John Stamos story! He and his then wife Rebecca Romijn were in the Canadian pavillion. My friend and I were at Epcot on our day off and we started following them to the UK (Beatles were playing).

So they were standing there watching the concert, but then John turned around and came walking towards us. So we wer stunned, standing there eating our beavertails and drinking Canadian beer. He started reeeeaaalllly flirting with my friend!!! I put his arm around her, and asked if he could try her beer, and was pretty much all over her.

Rebecca turns around and started FREAKING out!!! She was yelling and came running over to us, and starting making condescending comments to my friend and just totally going insane.

So their rep pulls us aside and asked us not to repeat this story to anyone (we assumed he meant the tabloids). We were then worried about our jobs (since we are cast members RUINING 'the magic"), so we said we wouldn't repeat this and walked away.... OMG!!! It was so weird - and hilarious!!!!

I also was waiting for the bus one day behind Canada/UK to go back to costuming, when Michael J Fox and his whole family came backstage and got into a car and left...that was pretty cool. Man, he is SO short! LOL!

9. emma

emma New Member

chad michale murray paul walker and usher??? jesus disney can make ANY dream come true! i met that z list celeb band third wish a few months ago here in my town...dnt ask y they were here lol they said they have their photo on the pinao in the rose and crown so i guess they r "celebs" who have been

10. Jamie

Jamie New Member

I served John Stamos one night when he came into the Rose and Crown for illuminations, though i didnt know who he was, i think you told me Shan?

11. loops_li

loops_li New Member

please let Chad Michael Murray come back when I'm there! Yummy! Also I wouldn't mind Orlando,or Josh Hartnett paying a visit! I think I would actually faint! lol

12. Diana

Diana New Member

I saw Chris from NSync at the Outlet Mall's Foodcourt. I also saw Joey from NSync a few times in downtown disney. No one cared who they were. They were ignored. I thought that was fairly funny.

I was supposed to be on the Wayne Brady show when they came around the world showcase eatting food from around the world. I did make his beavertail!

Andy Garcia came in after doing candlelight at the American Adventure. I think they restaurant was closed. I had already gone home.

Michael Jackson and Mariah Carey came thru the park a few times. Never saw them though.

I met Jamie Sale and David Pelletier (no clue how to spell his lastname). For those of you who don't know who they are, they are the Canadian pairs skaters who had the gold metal controversy at the last Olympics.

I think there were a few more, but I can't remember....

Diana

13. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell New Member

andy garcia wow....now that wud be awesome..

x

14. kelly_p

kelly_p New Member

i think mickey mouse is a special celebrity i would lave to see lol im kidding ;D

15. Diana

Diana New Member

I think Andy came with about 35 people. I heard he was a bit rude aswell.

Diana

16. Ona

Ona Member

Hee hee hee. ;D Yeah Loobie it was me who served the Chad Michael Murray guy.

But I had no idea who he was. Didin't even know he was famous. I'm not quite up on pop culture, being Granny Ona an' all. ;D

There I was, minding my own business, being bored in sports, serving some random guy and next thing I know, half the pavillion are in there with me. Merchies falling over themselves to help me pack his bag. I was like " Everyone's being so nice!". Little did I know. ::) ;D

Other than that, I saw the biscuit from ally Mcbeal, randomly, in the tea caddy. Hee hee. Alas, he was not buying biscuits. ;D

And I met Daniel O'Donnell ranomly in walmart. What a funny story. Hee hee hee. ;D

Ona x

17. Gem

Gem New Member

Ive seen Julianne Moore wearin a wig at Universal we recon she was gonna go on the new JUrrassic Park ride...................... :D

O met one of the AUnties from Sabrina The Teenage Witch it was Hilda, she was doin a presenting thing and we got her autograph she was so nice.

xXx

18. Munch

Munch New Member

I saw Chris from N'sync with my friends at HOB (they were still big then) and he picked me up......Literally!!! (I'm very small)

I also served Patrick Ewing and Alonzo Mourning at the cart one night (they are basketball players) they were buying glow for their kids.

My first day of training Michael Jackson was in the park. He wanted to be comped for him and his group and they said no. I didn't see him though.

My friend served Jimmy Page at the Rose and Crown one night too.

:-* Cheryl

19. flavour

flavour New Member

i so wish i could have worked in canada, the uk, mexico or norway! celebs never seems to make it further than that! one day i think there was a girl from big brother germany in our pavillion (yeah! great!! ::)) and a friend told me that o-town were at kidkot...so there you see, the biggest celebs at our pavillion! haha! i heard that tom hanks, steven tyler or jennifer love-hewitt were in the park, but only found out afterwards!
    a friend and i saw dylan mcdermott at the grand floridian but we were way too starstruck to talk to him! :-[

later! flavour xoxo

20. emma

emma New Member

i saw o town in wal mart once