Celebrity encounters?

Discussion in 'Alumni Discussion' started by SarahJane, May 15, 2005.

1. shannybanany

shannybanany New Member

I met the guy who won the Indy 500 a couple years ago when I was working Glow. I started playing with this little kid, then his Dad came over and I was like I know this guy. Not big to anybody else, but being a race car kid, I was so excited!

Went to a David Usher concert (well, he only sang one song about a million times), for a show CBC was taping at EPCOT. They invited cm's from Canada to go because he's Canadian. The 3 of us were the only ones in the audience who even knew who he was. So, he kept talking to us during breaks and we got our pic with him....wow.

O-Town did a show in the mall I work for when they were big...it was insane. But they were pretty cool.

Shan

2. trooper004

trooper004 New Member

They didn't really shut down LeCellier when Andy Garcia came in. He just had the last seating of the night. There was still other tables in the resturant cause the table I was serving went and asked for his autograph. I just remembered another sort of celebrity, the little kid who was the voice of Koda in Brother Bear was in LeCellier one night. I missed all the exciting celebrities.
    Amy

3. SarahJane

SarahJane New Member

OMG! He's SOOOO hot!! I was working at a hotel here in Ottawa (after Disney) and Edgefest was in town, and Moist (along with some other bands) was staying at my hotel.....I got to check David Usher out of the hotel! I got so nervous I ripped his invoice when I was trying to take it off the printer, and I had to print another one....I started sweating and apologized, and admit I was nervous, and he said "That's okay, no need to be nervous. It's just me." I of course burst into hysterical nerdy laughter.....God, I'm still embarrased to this day... :-[

4. shannybanany

shannybanany New Member

He was nice...but then again...I think he was just happy ANYONE knew who he was!!!

Shan

5. MyLittlePony

MyLittlePony New Member

Your story cracked me up! Anyway, here's a reminder hehe...

[​IMG]

6. A. LO

A. LO New Member

wow all these stories sound great! alot better than mine probably!
    the high school i went to tried hard to get good bands and artists to come to our school. one year simple plan and not by coice came. pierre from SP was signing autographs after the show. he was so nice! i got him to sign my drumsticks!
    other artists that came to our school were the rascalz and shawn desman.
    one time when i was in florida i heard a WWE wrestler was staying at our hotlel, ric flair! i actually had a conversation with him on the elevator not realizing who he was!
    i met a bunch of other wrestlers when they came to WWe niagara falls a few years ago. trish stratus, stacey keibler, chris benoit, val venus and edge! edge was my faveorite and i almost broke down crying! haha! :D

7. SarahJane

SarahJane New Member

Oooh...he's so yummy.....

8. MyLittlePony

MyLittlePony New Member

Chris Rock ate in the Norwegian restaurant last week. Didn't see him though, unfortunately. All the princesses were giddy, hehe

9. kelly_p

kelly_p New Member

does disney ever close the park for famous ppl or do tey jus let them get mobbed by loads of fans whilst they are there? ;D

10. MyLittlePony

MyLittlePony New Member

No, they would lose too much money... But I think famous people are allowed to go backstage, something like that... I'm not sure what the policy is, but Disney does what it can to cater for these people.

11. kelly_p

kelly_p New Member

yeah i spose some ppl need to be well hiden ;D

12. ~*Mel*~

~*Mel*~ New Member

I can't wait until I get to see some celebs! I saw a few on New Years Eve in New York...from far far away! ;)

13. Jimbobdaga

Jimbobdaga Member

We had him in Tomorrowland the other day, one of my good friends loaded him onto Buzz, and I knew a few other people that loaded him onto astro.

14. kelly_p

kelly_p New Member

loaded him? lol u make it sound like they carried him on ;D

15. MyLittlePony

MyLittlePony New Member

Hehe thats the expression weuse in attractions... "How many in your party?... row number one please... yaddayadda..."

So Chris Rock is on vacation, huh? Cool.

16. sutherz

sutherz New Member

I met vanilla ice, eddie murphy, steven tyler,john kerry ,steve harvey and the rock. Iworked at boma

17. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell New Member

yeah chirs rock was in MGM....and i saw andre 3000.....the guy from outcast yesterday,,,,,,

18. Sheridan

Sheridan New Member

Wow guys!! Talking about all these celebrety encounters is making me more excited...lol...and Im not gonna be there til Dec =(

19. robynchic

robynchic New Member

I did a photo shoot with the creators of "Jojo's Circus", a Playhouse Disney show about 2 weeks ago.

20. glasgow paws

glasgow paws New Member

in 99 or 00, can't remember exactly when, we had courtney cox and david arquette in the bar, served rob lowe who is a great bloke, prince naseem ahmed the boxer and ian beale from eastenders (wow). michael (woo hoo) jackson was down the front next to the u.k pavilion for illuminations, one of the girls in the rose & crown got to serve him as she was a big fan. Also i remember pressday, where the press got to come in and check out recent refurbs in the park, tom hanks was in the park. He was kiinda jogging by the u.k. pavilion to escape the photographers when a u.k. castmember shouted " run forrest, run ! ". tom hanks saw the funny side but the managers didn't sadly and the guy got terminated. Still, probably worth it !