Celebrity encounters?

Discussion in 'Alumni Discussion' started by SarahJane, May 15, 2005.

1. Jimbobdaga

Jimbobdaga Member

Ya, and he was not easy to lift :p

2. kelly_p

kelly_p New Member

lol ill take your word for it ;D

3. alemanolga

alemanolga New Member

Chris Rock and Ben Stiller in Madagascar's Premiere in Mexico too close !!! Upload pics later

4. Jimbobdaga

Jimbobdaga Member

Michael Isner was in the Magic Kingdom today.

5. JRD

JRD New Member

During my last few weeks in disney i saw george lucas strolling around the shops in the uk pavillion when i was working, he was with his family and someone from guest relations. He was very nice and answered lots of questions and had photos with some guests.

cool

6. cinderelli.jessy

cinderelli.jessy New Member

do you mean Michael Eisner??? i bet you do.... :D
    but is he a celeb??? :p Hes kinda a cast member, isnt he??? lol :D

7. Celephaïs

Celephaïs New Member

Cast member LOL ;D ;D , yeah right lol ;D
    Isn't he the CEO of Disney...
    No, wouldn't call him a celeb.... more of a name people would remember in connection with Disney

8. Jimbobdaga

Jimbobdaga Member

O well how about that, lol. this is what I get for posting late at night

9. shannybanany

shannybanany New Member

I really wanted to meet him while I was there...but sadly no.

10. flavour

flavour New Member

we only had karl holz in the pavillion back then...he was the head of epcot or something...i only found out afterwards though...

11. ~*Mel*~

~*Mel*~ New Member

I will be happy if i meet (or at least see) any celebs...you don't get many up in Winnipeg..;)

12. Littlefoot

Littlefoot New Member

I remember a bunch, but I'm sure I'm forgetting some:
    -George Lucas: We had to reopen O Canada for his entourage after we had just shut down.
    -Christina Aguilera: I remember seeing her walk backstage behind Canada...soooo tiny (and I'm small to begin with. But I remember thinking she looked so trashy!
    -Michael Jackson: I remember a day he was in the park and Doug, our mgr was on Duty.
    -Fred Savage's littelf brother: the one who was on Boy Meets World...whatever his name was in the Post
    -Drew Carey: Without a doubt, the nicest celeb ever!! He was in the pavillion and talked to everyone, an dthen when we ran into him that night at PI (after a fabulous evening at Chuck E. Cheese for Tracy's 25th B-Day!), he hung out at 8 Trax with us for a bit (or was it Beach Club). Some good pics of that one.
    -Michael Eisner on New Year's Eve Millenium
    -Jean Chretien (celeb..maybe not, but still kinda something). He was supposed to tour the Canadian Pavilion one day, and we were all prepped to do it, but then he decided not to come to EPCOT at all, and instead used the backstage to get to MGM. We were kinda pissed that the Prime Minister didn't even come to his own "country" and just went right through.

I'm sure there were more...just can't remember anymore. Isee so many more now. So many come to play at Conventions or Fundraisers I do. Fashion Cares (a huge AIDS fundraiser) always has really good ones...this year was Pam Anderson, Erasure. Over the years, I've met Tony Bennet, Lionel Ritchie, Geri Hailliwell, The Tragically Hip, Bryan Adams, Barenaked Ladies, and more, just from organizing the events.
    ali

13. Munch

Munch New Member

A couple of weeks ago when I was walking to the subway to go home from work I saw Kiefer Sutherland. It was so wierd. I was thinking to myself, why is he standing outside a subway station? But it was definately him. and he looks sooo much better in person!!!

:-* Cheryl

P.S. How can the Canadians in my time forget that the biggest celebrity in Canada was in the Canada pavillion? The Stanley Cup!!! (Ahhh Lord Stanley, how we miss you and can't wait to see your beautiful self this season)

14. Jimbobdaga

Jimbobdaga Member

Ya right, It will be in Boston this year :p

15. sutherz

sutherz New Member

we were in 8 trax and were next to wayne brady. hes funny without even tryin

16. Littlefoot

Littlefoot New Member

Cher...that must have been after I left! never saw the cup down there.

As for Keifer, he is in town shooting a movie with Eva Longoria. I passed them in Yorkville just the other night too!! Too funny.

ali

17. sutherz

sutherz New Member

i played drums at boma in the lobby of the animal kingdom lodge and one night, michael j fox and the dude who played egon in ghostbusters joined us. it was insane

18. Munch

Munch New Member

Hey Ali,

Yeah the cup was at the pavillion in early 2001. Maybe February, can't remember.

how funny is that? It was the weirdest thing, he was standing right out front of St. George station!

How's things going with you? I just graduated college and have an amazing job and Sue and I are going to WDW in October to visit my friend that just left to do the program.

I saw Ryan on Saturday night for a few hours. It was great to see him again!

Speak to you soon,

Cheryl

19. ErinKimberly

ErinKimberly New Member

it is so exciting to here that there actually is celebrity encounters. i thought celebrities go on vacation to disney too but didn't know if it was possible to see them or if they would be surrounded by security. i am so jealous of those of you that saw john stamos. i have been in love with him forever. he was my very first crush and i would love to meet him. hopefully since he is working for the disney company again he might be at the parks for publicity or something. (fingers crossed)

20. Natalie_UK

Natalie_UK New Member

and where was i wen these hott guyz were spotted????? lol :D most famous person ive seen is jordan and peter andre HAHA