Character performer

Discussion in 'Alumni Discussion' started by Winnie, Apr 26, 2005.

1. Winnie

Winnie New Member

Emma, are u going to Florida this Summer? If yes, which position will you be ?

2. gry

gry New Member

Robynchic: Internationals normally can't be characters you are right, but Winnie is on the International College Program, what's why !

3. robynchic

robynchic New Member

Thanks for that info. I wasn't sure!

There are different height ranges and restrictions. If you don't fit into a costume correctly or there is something about it that threatens your health (like the White Rabbit neck ruff sometimes chokes people) then you get disapproved in it, meaning you can't do it at all

4. kelly_p

kelly_p New Member

why cant international cm's be characters? take the uk it has mary poppins and alice in wonderland etc - they need engliish speaking ppl - im a bit confused do they hire actors or what???

5. robynchic

robynchic New Member

They're Americans, trained to speak with an accent. If you talk to any of them when they're on set, you might be able to tell.

6. kelly_p

kelly_p New Member

oh i see -wouldnt it jus make more sense to employ ppl from those countries? ah well disney no best ;D

7. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell New Member

;D ;D ;D loll it wud do...hehe as us brits wud be in with a chance lol..kidding yeh disney knows best ;D ;D ;D ;D

8. Ona

Ona Member

Hee hee hee! So true. ;D

There were about 4 or 5 "special friends" of Mary's while I was in UK merch. We had a name for each one. i.e. there was stroppy Poppins, old Poppins, oooh and common Poppins. She was well funny. Sounded more like Dick Van Dyke than Julie Andrews! Who knew Mary was Cockney! Lol.

Alice is just scary! I only saw her twice in the UK. Freaky as. :eek: Other than that, in the UK we get visits from Pooh, tigger, eeyore and piglet. Bert appeared once, as did a random penguin from mary poppins! Twas all very odd. ;D

Ona x

9. *Laura*

*Laura* New Member

it was even more odd wen certain cast members got excited to see mary poppins!!! *cough* no names to be mentioned there eh?

hehehehehe