Extending International Programme

Discussion in 'Alumni Discussion' started by VickiG, Dec 27, 2007.

1. VickiG

VickiG New Member

Hi

I've just finished reading the thread about living/working is disney permenatly and was a bit miffed to find out its probably not gonna happen, but I also noticed someone had mentioned about their programme being extended..

..I asked at the f2f interview whether there was a possiblity of further work/extension and the guy said that there wasn't :(

Soo.. how did someone get their programme extended and how long was the extension for?

xx

2. TinkTingeling

TinkTingeling New Member

The extention is not for longer than a month... I think everyone get a 13 month visa, where the Disney contract is for 12 months. It's so you can travel around the us after the progam if you want to, or you can extend the contract for the last mont of the visa. But it's not a good idea to let them know you want to stay, at least at the embassy, because then you might not get a visa at all. If you want to live permanently in the us you have to get a greencard or someone to sponsor you, something Disney won't do...

3. VickiG

VickiG New Member

I thought that was the case

- i've already decided I want to go travelling after so I wouldn't be interested in a month extension..
    ..its just that people were talking as if a serious extension was possible!

Thank you for clarifying that for me & don't worry i'll be telling the embassy I'm defiantely leaving the country at the end!!

xx

4. DisneyGibbs

DisneyGibbs Active Member

It depends on what program you do. I've heard that on the CRP you can extend for another 3 months (making 15 months in total) but that's only if Disney want you!

Otherwise it all depends on your visa restrictions.

5. Just to help you out with your answer Louisa, it's not for all CRP just certain countries and what visa group you end up in.
    Like I arrived March 28th my visa expired on April 25th (5 weeks later) but people who arrived on March 14th have the same visa expiry.
    Even getting the extension is up to the managers at your location though so it depends on how many call-ins you have and your job performance.

6. DisneyGibbs

DisneyGibbs Active Member

Hehe thanks Tessa :D I just better be able to extend! Might just chain myself to the castle, then I'll never have to leave!