Future Disney programmes

Discussion in 'Alumni Discussion' started by 2005CP, Jun 30, 2009.

1. 2005CP

2005CP New Member

I know that, at the moment, what with the crap economy and everything, Disneys cutting back on everything, including certain `programmes`. Any news on when Disney plan to restart employing people on its postponed programmes such as the guest relations programme?

2. Arwen_1983

Arwen_1983 New Member

Hi
    What happened to the guest relations program??? is it still part of the cultural representative program, isn't it?
    I had the interview last march and now I'm waiting for a departure date... what should I expect? Should I worry about a date that may never arrive??
    thank youuu :)

3. 2005CP

2005CP New Member

Erm-the guest relations was cancelled i think

4. Arwen_1983

Arwen_1983 New Member

how do you know it?

5. 2005CP

2005CP New Member

I sent an email to WDW casting, i was interested in it too.

6. Arwen_1983

Arwen_1983 New Member

Could you tell me what they said exactly? I need to know if they just decided to stop interviewing new people for the moment, or if they cancelled the program and also people already recruited won't leave anymore! They can't cancel the Programs without telling us!!!I'm just waiting for a departure date, but I've already been accepted in the program!!! :-\

7. 2005CP

2005CP New Member

then id imagine you are safe-i thnk they mean they have cancelled it in the future-ie, they are not taking on any more people, just treating you guys as their last for a while.

Interestingly, can you provide me with the info as to who you contacted to apply for it-i may have talked to som eone who doesnt know about the programme?

8. neevyweevy

neevyweevy New Member

i asked yummy jobs how i could apply for guest relations and they told me only people from non-english speaking countries could apply!

9. Arwen_1983

Arwen_1983 New Member

Ok thank you guys..I've almost had a heart attack!!! ;D
    Actually it does make sense, because guest relations is meant for helping guest from all the different countries and maybe they don't recruit people having english as first language but they want people from countries with other languages, I think. I'm from Italy and our agency is International Services! 2005CP if you are from the UK maybe this is the reason why they told you you can't apply for the guest relations program... ???

10. ElisaTonks

ElisaTonks New Member

Im sure the programs will come back once the economy picks up, the program i did has been cancelled recently. Times are hard here in Orlando at the moment, Disney have pretty much been in hiring freeze since late 2008 and there are very few jobs (I have been on the domestic waiting list since May, when i got legal resident status.) I pretty sure there will be a burst of new programs soon after Disney start rehiring locals.

11. neevyweevy

neevyweevy New Member

How on earth did you get legal resident status?? ???