Graduate Programme

Discussion in 'Alumni Discussion' started by Gibsoon, Jan 9, 2009.

1. They sent me a list in the e-mail hannah sent, hopefully she will get back to me by tomorrow.
    If it doesn't get sorted I am going to apply for the CRP. I have applied for it on their website but I am worried that it will mean the other one won't be considered :-\

2. arron87

arron87 New Member

Im Arron. . I also did ICP 07-08. . . I lived in Treehouses (RIP) then Vista Way. . . some of you may remember me from our time there =p.

Ive applied for both graduate and CRP, and it seems you can apply for 2 programs at a time, because although they had been in contact with me regularly about the graduate program, I also out the blue got an interview for CRP (as applications were closed a while ago i wasnt expecting this). So im going through the process of interviews for that and if not ill go for the graduate program.

I would say email yummyjobs about the CRP soon as possible because applications are closed and theyre going through the interviews now. =)

3. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

Guess i've got you wantin to go back..Sorry about that man!

Its funny, thinkin that last time I spoke to you on here was when we were in treehouses, and I was saying to come to mine, coz we were having that pre-party before roxy!

4. arron87

arron87 New Member

haha yeah i came on before for the first time since then! took me about 15 go's to log in i couldnt remember my password!

yeah since the interview its all ive been thinking about. and this site doesnt help!

haha was that the time mami had to take you home??

5. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

Yeah! And when I woke up in the morning with a random swollen eye! haha..

6. 2005CP

2005CP New Member

graduate programme-if i remember correctly, you have to have a tourism related degree-however a lot of people i know didnt have that but they still did the programme. Do Disney even do checks?

7. Thanks for all your advice guys, i just got an e-mail back from hannah saying she has sent my application to jason for reconsideration. The main problem seems to be immigration laws rather than yummy themselves.

8. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

Like you say though..You do, do media..Which is one of the things on the list..

But if you look at the thing from rosen college..It just says you have to of graduated from university..So im guessing thats a re-print..

Im not sure whether they'd do a check..But im pretty sure that yummy would come on this site every now and again..So if you post on this site that you don't do a tourism related degree..Or one from the list..There's a good chance they'll know..

But as you do media..I wouldn't see what the problem should be...

9. Yummy have updated their website and have added new degrees to their accepted ones and sociology is one of them woop woop!!!

10. neevyweevy

neevyweevy New Member

I've just finished this programme and i graduated with a sociology degree, i had no problem applying, nobody said anything about it so i don't understand why this was such a problem for them! :p

11. i personally think they are just out to spite me or something. I have been trying to sort it out for a couple of weeks now knowing that people have gone out for a sociology degree and then just after my cv is sent to jason they change it!! gah! did you think the graduate programme was worth it, like all the money and such?

12. Audrey II

Audrey II New Member

just went on yj website and found this :

Acceptable Degree Subjects

─ Accounting ─ Actuarial Science ─ Advertising ─ American Studies - Business Communications ─ Culinary Arts ─ Cultural Studies ─ Economics ─ English ─ Entrepreneurship ─ Event Management ─ Film ─ Finance ─ Food Science ─ Human Resources Management ─ Industrial Engineering ─ Industrial Management ─ International Business ─ International Relations ─ International Studies ─ Journalism ─ Logistics ─ Management ─ Managerial Economics ─ Marketing ─ Mass Communications ─ Operations Management ─ Public Administration ─ Physical Education ─ Radio and Television ─Recreation Management ─ Restaurant/Hotel Management ─ Risk Management ─ Sociology ─ Sport and Leisure Studies ─ Theatre/Drama/Performing Arts ─ Visual Communication ─

I ask the same as Louise, is it worth the money? And Louise I have just noticed you said they have updated it so i thougth i would post this for others thinking of doing it. Im happy mine is on there too! I am to apply next year :)

Im really happy for you louise!!!

13. neevyweevy

neevyweevy New Member

The actual learning part of the program, the UCF bit, is a waste of time and money and that's why the program is so expensive, but the rest of it, the working at disney, the social life and the fact that you're living in orlando made it absolutely worth it, for me anyway!

Just if you're going to get the extra education then don't bother! The classes have 40 people in them and there are at least 4 or 5 different nationalities so the level of education reflects that, they have to simplify everything to make sure everybody understands everything so it isn't at postgrad level. The only good thing is that when you come back home and apply for jobs, you have a certificate from UCF on your CV and nobody else knows how bad it was!!

I personally would do it all over again because i think the good things about being there completely outweigh the bad things!

Hope this helps!
    Niamh

14. arron87

arron87 New Member

Niamh!! Didnt know you were on here! haha.
    true though the cost of the program is literally all to your sponsoring university who do very little in terms of decent classes, but they sponsor your visa so I guess if you didnt pay them you pay the US government

I got my certificate from CMU and the work involved was not as good as what the guys at UCF seemed to do, however for what I did (not very little) I have a certificate to say I completed everything required which is something good to put on a CV.

15. 2005CP

2005CP New Member

this is one of the things that really pisses me off about Yummy jobs-they are so petty-i wanted to do the graduate programme, ive done the CRP and ICP programme so im clearly employable in Disneys eyes, yet Disney or YJ, wont accept my degree-history and politics.....even though some of those degrees are the same degree by another name-im thinking international relations and international studies-i mean, no offence, but they accent human resource management and i know from a friend who did that-its glorified, degree level training to be a secretary!

16. the communication within this company is really annoying me now. i have received yet another e-mail saying i am not eligible yet sociology and media are on their website as accepted degrees!!! why update something and not tell the rest of the company or update it with the wrong information. it's so infuriating!

17. Audrey II

Audrey II New Member

that sucks for both of you, I agree history and politics should be on there cos i did history and learnt so much that i have applied to my drama degree. Any chance you can argue your case, ask your old managers to back you up?

Louise - they are still saying no! are they crazy? would it be easier for yout o ring them and get it sorted over the phone? plu syou could record it!!!

18. they are now saying yes ..... very confussled.

19. Audrey II

Audrey II New Member

i know they read this website but..silly people! stop with the confusion!!!

i hope they sort itall out for next year.

20. VickiG

VickiG New Member

I did the Graduate Programme last summer, and as others have mentioned the academic side isn't worth the (albeit pretty) paper its printed on - and Mickey did come to graduation :)

But the social side and everything else that is available over there is well worth it - I went swimming with dolphins in Key Largo and Manatee in the Crystal River - some of the folks on my programme even had chance to get a 4 day cruise to the bahamas in while they were there! Its all about what you make it - and Walt Disney World as an employer pretty much guarantees you an interview to any job afterwards.

I wrote a blog whilst I was there: www.thedisneyadventure.moonfruit.com in which I hopefully covered everything work & play wise - let me know if you have any other questions about the program.
    xx