Graduate Programme

Discussion in 'Alumni Discussion' started by Gibsoon, Jan 9, 2009.

1. I've applied to go out on July 19th, 3 days after my graduation woop!
    They are in their headoffice and even better, there is a hotel directly opposite it for £110 for a room. I think I'm going with my dad make a couple of days of it.

2. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

Thats awesome..Are you the only one on here thats going?

I know they'll obviously be other people going, but I havent heard anyone else mention it on here..

Im not sure whether im guna do the July or October yet..So hopefully they'll let me go..

Was in two minds whether to do this or the cult rep, but I guess I can do the cult rep anytime..

3. As far as I know I am the only UK person at the interviews on here. You should definetly go for it!

4. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

Think I will do..Did you actually get an email inviting you to it?

5. yeh I did. This is it:
    Dear Louise,

Thank you for your interest in the Walt Disney World® International Programs.

We are delighted to inform you that we would like to invite you to the final interviews! You will have the chance to meet with the recruiters from Walt Disney World when they visit the UK next month. During this time you will be able to attend a presentation about all about the Magic known as Disney, gain information about the Graduate Program and the perks that come with it. After the presentation, you will have the opportunity to experience an interview like you never have before with the Walt Disney World recruiters!

The presentation will give you a complete insight into the program. In case you have not had a chance, please feel free to visit www.disneyinternationalprograms.com for more information
    Your interview will be held on:

Tuesday 31st of March, at The Disney Attractions Office at 3 Queen Caroline Street, Hammersmith, London W6 9PE.

The nearest tube station is Hammersmith. A map can be found through the following link: http://www.multimap.com/maps/?qs=London W6 9PE&countryCode=GB.

Transportation to the interview is at your own expense.

You will need to arrive at 10:00am as the Disney presentation will start at promptly at 10:30am. After the presentation your interview will be scheduled. You must be prepared to spend the whole day and will be required to dress in professional / business attire.

If selected for a position, you will need to be available to start the program on July 19th, 2009 until January 15th, 2009 and in order to qualify for the visa you must be a university graduate from July 19th, 2007 onwards. Please note that a Masters degree does not qualify for this program.

Furthermore, we would like to ask you to register on the Yummy Jobs website and apply for Disney’s International Program for Graduates so that we have you in our system. Registering will give you access to useful documents regarding your program which will help you during your application process.

Application link:

http://www.yummyjobs.com/opportunit...-international-college-program-for-graduates/

and there is a list of what we would need to bring with us.

6. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

Thats so wierd..As i've applied for the grad program as well, but they havent emailed me..

Did they just send it to you, or did they send it to a few people?

Cheers for your help :)

7. erm not sure really but it looks like a generic email. Might be worth e-mailing ilse about it saying you are interested in it, either her or hannah as she should get back to you tonight about it. They may have you down for october rather than july.
    Are you on facebook john?

8. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

Yeah, they have I think..Is that interview at a later date?

Coz im thinking I want to do July now..

Look for John Young..Uni Huddersfield network..

9. from what i could get from hannah and ilse it wasn't til spring/early summer. If you e-mail hannah then she can change it for you i think and give you more details. i had more problems with them putting me in october and she changed it back again so i am sure she can do it for you.

10. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

Is october more popular or something? Reacon it will be, coz everyone will want to go to graduation n that..

I emailed her earlier on today, but she hasn't got back to me yet..

11. well all the emails I have got from Hannah have come around 10:30/11 pm as I think she may be working from america. Ilse can take a while to get back sometimes.

i'm not sure really about the popularity but it would make sense since a lot of people don't graduate until later in the year. I'm just lucky i suppose graduating 3 days before we would go out.

i would just like some stereotypical florida weather which we wouldn't be as likely to get if we went out in the october and either way we would get to all the parties going off at that time of year.

12. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

Yeah..

Although I was there the whole year, and they kick off the whole year, haha..

I also have my graduation 3 days before we go..Pretty wierd that, haha..

13. Ah you should definetly go out in July then at least there will be someone we'll know at the interviews as we seem to be the only people from the UK interested in it on here lol

That is weird lol ... everyone else I have talked to has their grad in november or something.

At least I will be 21 this time (with the exception of a week). it wasn't fun getting to last orders and bein id'd for coke when the rest of my friends got cocktales and beer lol

14. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

I was only 20 the first time i went..But I was 21 for my year program luckily!

15. I can't wait to have a 21st over there, if i get it obv.

16. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

I no yeah, even though i've been before im kind of still a bit worried whether or not ill get in...

17. aj2721

aj2721 New Member

As you realise I'm currently applying for CRP - just invading your thread, but Durham's graduations are the week 30 June-3rd July rather than later in the year.

18. yeh me too, one of my friends who has been out twice on the icp was refused this year....but then again this is a different programme and goodness knows what will happen really.

Andrew: don't think I'm going to come to the meal in the end i don't want to have to book another hotel room for that night.

19. Audrey II

Audrey II New Member

does the UK only get October or July? Cos I was hoping August for next year. Guess it may change.

John: You are at the university of huddersfield? Or have you left?

I hoe you guys all get in, I wonder how stiff the competition is?

20. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

Nope, I doubt very much that it will change..

The start dates have always been January, April, July and October for the Grad Program..Doubt very much it would change..

If you go in October though, you'll have 2 extra months to save!

This is my final year at Huddersfield..What about u?

I dont think the competition is too stiff to be honest..I'd of thought there's still some obviously, but I dont think its as popular as the other program, because of the costs involved in it..