Just a few questions...HELP PLEASE!!!

Discussion in 'Alumni Discussion' started by saladfinger, Nov 10, 2006.

1. saladfinger

saladfinger New Member

Hey people... im Stephen fomr the uk ... im looking at joining the prgram working at EPCOT... i just have a few qustions i need answering before i apply!

What is trasport like? Should i be prepared to buy a car?

Could i live comfortably on the wage or would i need to save?

Would i get away with smoking a night time joint in the accomodation?

thanx guys!

xxxx

2. saladfinger

saladfinger New Member

oh and another one! i would be more interested in working eith on stage or back stage. I am experienced in this field and wondered if there would be oppertunities to move into this area! cheers xxx

3. ellen101

ellen101 New Member

I would strongly advise saving money before you go...not that you REALLY need a lot but it's just nice not to have to worry. you won't make loads (unless you become a server) so be prepared to be poor!!

Don't stress about a car unless you're made of money...you can get everywhere you need to go by the buses they provide, cheap taxis and other public transport. There are plently of places to rent a car if you really want to get behind the wheel, but you won't suffer if you don't have one!

As for the joint, on your head be it if you do decide to smoke...stupid idea if you ask me cos your time out there is not worth risking...i knew loads of people who got found out and terminated for it while I was there (most of them from the UK!)...but it's upto you...

You work onstage...IP people don't do anything backstage unless specifically asked. The whole point of being there is to be among the people...

4. MPSPicard

MPSPicard New Member

Saladfinger,

I totally agree with Ellen. You should bring with you some money at the begining to tide you over until you recieve your first pay. I brought with me US$500 and it was more than enough to get me through. You will not make a ton of money, but it is enough to get by on. Ellen is also right about the transportation, it sucks, but you can get around. Lots of my fellow castmates rented cars to goto the beach or just a night away from Disney.

Now as for the joint issue......be strongly warrned!! You run a huge risk of being caught. If you smoke, smoke with outside of the commons or anywhere off Disney property. Don't let your opportunity to work at Disney go down the tubes, like so many others have. Trust me you will regret it! Hope this advice helps!

Chris

5. glasgow paws

glasgow paws New Member

i worked double shifts in the bar back home before i went, which helped me take about £600 which came in handy, as they wages were terrible until i got into service.

i thought the cabs were quite inexpensive, especially if there is a few of you, which there usually always is. The shuttles which left from the commons (at the time, don't imagine they have the same routes etc) were ok, taking you to Vista Way, Downtown Disney et al.

I used to have a good smoke in the apartment tbh, i only had one other roomie, who also loved a smoke, so no problems. While i never encountered any hassle or had any problems with the security, i would take heed of the other posters warnings that it can be dangerous with regards to your disney "career". All it takes is security to do one of their little surprise visits, and you've got problems.

A friend of mine got termed just for having cigarette papers and rolling baccy in a drawer in his room. So if you were caught with a 5 skinner in your mouth by security, it's safe to say that you're looking down the barrell of a loaded gun.

Incidentally, the weed they have out there is really good, better than the crap here ;)

6. saladfinger

saladfinger New Member

haha cheers people! youve help me in makingmy decision.... ive just come back from and loved it so much and was so depressed about how shit this place is that i have to go back! yeh i agree about the weed.... i got some when i was over there, cheep big and smelly haha..... cool.... hope i get accepted!!! xxxxxx