Lasses?

Discussion in 'Alumni Discussion' started by doddi92, Oct 10, 2010.

1. doddi92

doddi92 New Member

What is it? ;D ???

2. Lesley86

Lesley86 New Member

on a monday night after work the girls from the UK pavillion all meet up in someones appartment for drinks and games and stuff and then usually head out after to a bar or club etc, these are the UK Lasses! The boys do the same (UK LADS) and so do most of the other pavillions,for example the Canadian girls & guys etc ---- EVEYONE goes out on a monday, its the biggest night out of the week!!!!!!!

If you go to lasses you get a tshirt with a name on it (your name is usally something silly and will usually refer to something you have done during your time there so far!!)

i loved lasses, monday nights have never been the same since!!

WE LOVE YOU LASSES WE DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (LEMONDROP 105, UK LASS 07-08)

3. pinkspideruk

pinkspideruk Active Member

also if you dont drink you dont have to - most people do but if for any reason ya not a big drinker you should still go along and just drink soft drinks :)

they usually have different themes each week so peoploe get dressed up which is also fab

4. doddi92

doddi92 New Member

Do under 21s join in too?

5. Lesley86

Lesley86 New Member

yeah, of course!!!!!!!! its pretty much where the U-21s can have a few cheeky drinks before heading out for the night (the lasses and lads usually try to go to bars and clubs that allow under 21s in, you cant drink in them if your not over 21 but you can still go!) lasses usually happens about 11.30pm on a monday night, so that everyone can go after they finish work and have had time to get home, a lot of girls go straight of the bus from work, still in costume and just grab a drink and unwind after work even if they dont want to go out after - its just a nice way for everyone to meet up once a week, have a drink and a gossip etc! and also its good for F&B and merch to mingle, seeing as at work F&B and merch are pretty much totally separate from eachother! ;D

6. doddi92

doddi92 New Member

Without sounding like a goody too shoes, I don't know if I'd risk a few cheeky drinks! :L But that sounds so fun :) Ahh man, Yummy, email me!!

7. Lesley86

Lesley86 New Member

the only really strict thing about being under 21 over there is A) being caught trying to purchase alcohol (either from a shop/supermarket or in a bar/club)
    or B) trying to get into an over 21s club when your underage.....there are a lot of places that let over 18s in tho but some places wont let you in unless you are 21.....and its pretty strictly enforced!
    being drunk when your under 21 isnt allowed tho but security at the housing complexes are pretty easy going and unless your a TOTAL mess or being violent etc they will kinda turn a blind eye to under 21s slurring their words etc!

if you go to lasses your not really going to be risking getting into trouble by drinking, lasses has to be held in an over 21s appartment (otherwise noone would be allowed a drink!) and unless theres loads of noise etc then security wont bother you - so you can have a drink with everyone else! obviously getting totally smashed and having to be carried in after a night out might not be a great idea but wouldnt stress out about having 1 or 2 drinks at lasses!!!

8. doddi92

doddi92 New Member

Sounds like right fun, yummy email me now!! ;D

9. disney.freak

disney.freak Guest

Ooo I can't wait now :p sounds funnn :D

10. Lesley86

Lesley86 New Member

sorry gary, lasses is for the ladies only! off to lads for you!!!!! :D

11. disney.freak

disney.freak Guest

Lol that's what I meantttt! With u talkin bout them all lol

12. Disney_Geek

Disney_Geek Member

Fcuk lasses! Go to Canadian girls ;)

13. disney.freak

disney.freak Guest

lol whys that? :p

14. Disney_Geek

Disney_Geek Member

More fun... Er I mean I bet it would be more fun :p

15. Peever

Peever New Member

The Canadian teams both male and female are fantastic. I was apart of the Boys of course and did get to experience a fair amount of the other countries and ours always end up being the best ;). We party hard!

16. Chari21

Chari21 New Member

James you would say that... ;)

My favourite lasses were always with Canadian boys though!

17. kiwibum

kiwibum New Member

Sounds like a good buzz over there. Coming from New Zealand we have probably about 20 people, man our group will be EPIC!! What are some of the places that let 18+ in? Are they close to the complexes?

18. Jenna88

Jenna88 Member

I know this post is MEGA old but I was searching and it was the most relevant and I didn't think my qu really required a new thread!
    I'm over 21 so the drinking thing is no issue to me, but I've seen that U21s go to Lasses and drink in the apartments (not all but some). If by chance security stumbled upon a lasses and this was happening would everyone get termed? The owner of the apartment? I know the under-age drinkers would. I'm just petrified that I'm waiting so long to get out there and then something daft will happen!

19. BrumZoe

BrumZoe New Member

Don't worry Jenna, we always drink from cups so if there's a knock at the door anyone underage usually switches out their cup for one they have put soft drink in or not have one in their hand at all. Security can't actually do anything unless an under ager is found with alcohol in their hands. The over agers have always looked out for the under agers so in my experience its always been fine. Just after I started last year security had a huge crackdown on monday nights in the apartments so we started going straight to the bars we were meeting the boys teams at instead, but over the last few months they've gone back into apartments around the different complexes and everythings been fine, security have even been heard shouting happy monday as we leave complexes for the taxis :)