LE CELLIER Mushroom Filet Mignon (& risotto)

Discussion in 'Alumni Discussion' started by robynz, Nov 25, 2005.

1. robynz

robynz New Member

Can someone please help me? I am looking for the recipe for the Le Cellier Mushroom Filet Mignon. Does anyone have it?

Thanks! :)

2. lucy-yvette

lucy-yvette New Member

Would really like that too, it's amazing!!

Probably been asked before but also does anyone have the recipe for the cheddar cheese soup - how good is it?!!

3. Canadian_Sara

Canadian_Sara New Member

hey
    The cheddar cheese soup is amazing! My dad has the recipe, he made it a while ago. I will ask him to send it to me and then post it. I will also ask about the filet mignon :)

4. robynz

robynz New Member

I think I have the cheddar cheese soup recipe at home too (I'm at work now, but I'll check for it as soon as I get home).

:)
    R.

5. lucy-yvette

lucy-yvette New Member

Found the Cheddar Cheese Soup recipe:

Ingredients:

1/2 lb bacon cut into 1/2 in. pieces
    3 celery ribs cut into 1/4 in pieces
    3 cups milk
    1 medium red onion cut into 1/4 in. pieces
    2 tbsp butter
    3 cups water
    3 dashes tabasco
    1 cup flour
    1/2 cup beer
    3/4 lb. grated white cheddar cheese
    salt and pepper to taste

Method:

In a soup pot, start to brown the bacon over medium heat. When the bacon is starting to get crisp, add the onions, celery and butter. Cook until the onion is translucent.

Add the flour and incorporate with the butter. Cook for 4 minutes, constantly stirring.

Add the water and whisk. Make sure there are no lumps.

Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes, stir every couple of minutes.

Add the milk and continue to simmer for 15 minutes. Do not boil after you add the milk.

After the last 15 minutes, turn off the heat and stir in the cheese then the beer. Add the tabasco and season with salt and pepper. If the soup is too thick you can thin it out with some milk.

Serve with your favorite bread and top with some chopped scallions or chives.

From http://allearsnet.com

6. HiddenMickeyLover

HiddenMickeyLover New Member

Hey,
    Just got back from Florida, I think that I have the recipie for the risotto but not the herb burre blanc and the white trufffle oil that comes on the filet. However, the risotto recipie is still lost among my baggage. When I find it I will post it.

Emily

7. missmontreal

missmontreal New Member

HI !!!

they still have it after 5 years ?
    It was great to have sex with one of the cook... who could give me lots of the risoto when there was no manager around!!!! Thank you c-bass !!!

Celine

8. Charlene

Charlene Guest

Oh yeah.. the "bagger"...

I only had it once... I personally hated it... it was almost as bad as the duck!

Charlene F&B Alumni 2001-2002