Le Cellier Video

Discussion in 'Alumni Discussion' started by Nio, Feb 6, 2006.

1. Nio

Nio New Member

Hi All!

I haven't been here in god knows how long. Well, actually it says it's been since December I guess? Anyway, hope everyone that knows me that is reading this is well! If I'm not on your MSN add me damnit! canadaboi@hotmail.com . Ok, so I got a forward to a link for a video that Le Cellier's former manager "Gary"  made. The link is........ http://www.connesstraders.com/index.html so go check it out!

Nio :)

2. Stephanie

Stephanie New Member

Hi Nio! I am not alumni, but I watched your video and I thought it was great! Made me even more excited for my Interview than I already am! :D

3. brodie1

brodie1 Guest

Great video! I'm more excited for my interview now too.

4. Nio

Nio New Member

You have no idea how much fun you guys are going to have! I had to leave early ( I was there for 7 months). My dad had major surgery so I came back to Canada. Good luck with your interviews :)

5. Stephanie

Stephanie New Member

Thanks for making me even more excited for my interview! :D I honestly didn't think that it was possible! Did you work in F&B?

Hope your dad is doing ok! Thanks again for the support.

6. Nio

Nio New Member

Yep! I sure was in F&B! It was an amazing time! I was on popcorn for SOOO LONG!! I held popcorn prince title for a little while, not sure if anyone has taken over. It was good times though and much better than working in the restaurant. The benefits of working in the restaurant are tips (when you're serving and food running), but otherwise, popcorn is the place to be! You meet so many amazing people and you're not under the constant watch of managers so it's pretty sweet! My arrival groups is going to be heading home in about a month though. If you have any questions or anything feel free to ask me here, msn me, or email me. I really have no trouble talking about the experience. When are your interviews? Where are they?

7. Stephanie

Stephanie New Member

Thanks Nio! My Interview is on March 1st in Halifax. I'm getting very nervous but i'm so excited! I've wanted to do this all my life.

I'm not sure where I would prefer to work. I think that workin right in the restaurant would be a blast, I have some waitressing experience but I also have merch experience. Does anyone start right in the restaurant? Or do you start somewhere else first? Although popcorn sounds like a blast! I would have so much fun with that... or anything for that matter! What do you think of the other positions? Just being there would be more than enough for me! :D

8. Jorden

Jorden New Member

What they told me on my phone interview is for both Merch and F&B you start on the little carts for the first little while your down there before getting moved into Le Cellier, or the Roots store for example.

9. Stephanie

Stephanie New Member

Thanks Jorden! Sounds great! Where do you want to work?

10. Jorden

Jorden New Member

Personally I've spent 5.5 years at Toys R Us so far so I think I would be able to do Merch quite well (after 5 Christmases bring on DisneyWorld lol). and I would prefer Merch to F&B, although if I were to get offered a job with Attractions I'd take that in an heartbeat.

So I guess my preference order is

1. Attractions
    2. Merch
    3. F&B

11. Nio

Nio New Member

You can have a lot of fun with attractions, but at the Canadian Pavillion, it's just supervising/spieling the Canada movie. Nothing too thrilling really, but it's nice in the summer because it's cool in the cave. It's not entirely accurate what they explained on the phone to you. In F&B you do work outside on carts, but you also work in the restaurant seating, and greeting. Usually takes around 4-5 months to become a food-runner, and thena server, it all depends on when you arrive and if they're in dire need of people in service. As for Merch. I'm pretty sure they schedule you both at the cart, as well as the trading post. The boutique no longer is open so with the two locations you work at both. When it's stormy though (rain, etc) they usually close the carts down and go inside and do other things.

12. *Kel*

*Kel* New Member

Hey Nio - the video was great - I enjoyed it. I have my interview March 5th in Toronto and I am very excited for it!!!

13. Stephanie

Stephanie New Member

That sounds great Jorden!

Thanks for the info Nio! I don't think I have any better idea where I would like to be though... haha I think all the positions sound great!

14. ErinKimberly

ErinKimberly New Member

that video was so cute. thanks for sharing it nio! i take it that gary was a manager of the restaurant earlier this year. did you work with him nio?

i'm sure that all of you watching it that are not yet here were completely confused by everything he thanked at the end but it will all make sense when you are here.

15. MyLittlePony

MyLittlePony New Member

I've worked all three, so thought I might as well give you a heads up on the main advantages of each one:

Attractions - the best place to get away with your hangovers, its also usually dark and quite cool. Unless you're greeting, of course... And you can get away with not smiling all the time.

Merchandise - socially the best place, you're bound to get aquainted with plenty of other merchies. Can also be a good place for a hangover when guests are few, but can get boring sometimes, depending on where you're situated in the bump and the season. (I remember, for the period the ride was being refurbished, I had a really boring time in the Helly Hansen/Dale (innermost) room, rebuttoning and rehanging the Dale sweaters over and over. You'll understand why the ride affects the shop in the Norwegian pavillion after you ride it)

Food - where the money is! But sometimes it can take a long time to get into service. And if you do some really stupid stuff you can be taken out of service. Usually where the most CMs are, depending on the popularity of the restaurant in your pavillion.

PS. they're all equally easy to learn ;D

16. Stephanie

Stephanie New Member

Hey that's great! Thanks for the information! So did you work in Merch?

17. Nio

Nio New Member

Nope. I was food and beverage. Loved it!

18. Stephanie

Stephanie New Member

So you would probably say that was the best area to work in?! haha I'm hearing that most people want to work in F&B... is that true?

19. Jorden

Jorden New Member

I think so... from what I understand you get paid more (thanks to the tips)

20. JOSSYPOO

JOSSYPOO New Member

BABYY!!!!!!!
    i miss you
    3 weeks left.. getting ready for my throw out and i watched the video.. yea tears definatly tears!
    wish you were here nio
    xoxoxox