Old Illuminations Pre Show Music

Discussion in 'Alumni Discussion' started by Shrooden, Mar 15, 2006.

1. Sophie

Sophie New Member

Lucy !!!!!

my favorite roomate ever !!!! I got an excellent Disney song for you : The song from the 360 canadian movie !!!! Canaaaaada ! I dont think I can hear that song ever again .. hehehehe !

I love the cd you made me for christmas ... my mom listens to it all the time ! we need to chat soon hun ...

Sophie :-*

2. lucy-yvette

lucy-yvette New Member

Yay room mate!

Hehe, ah I'm glad you enjoyed the CD, I will make you another one soon!!

I think I put the Canada loop on there for you didn't I? Bet you love that one! Memories of being bored in the Boutique!!

We do need to talk very soon!! Will give you a call!

Lucy
    xxx

3. Ona

Ona Member

OMG how old-school-wdwip.com is it getting on here these days! ;D

Welcome back Phil. Lol. True colors was the original preshow music for the kodak sponsored Honey I shrunk the Audience. The preshow changed about 2002 I think. No more true colours (still sponsord by kodak though). :'( That version was so sweet with the kids singing it. I tried for aaaaages to get it years ago but NOONE anywhere had it. :-\ I've got the Phil Collins version though. ;D

Lucy, as if you have the Canadian one too! ;D Lol! I can only think of one of the tunes (the kinda up beat banjo-type one). It soooo reminds me of my usual 8am shifts out on my pin cart. Ahhh... ;D

Ona x

4. *Laura*

*Laura* New Member

lol yeh towards the end of my contrasct i was doin 3 morning shifts 8am starts but least i got to go home early and have a nap, yay! but i totally can hear that banjo music in my head....

if i close my eyes and think hard enough (yeh it hurts a little) i can actually get the exact feeling that i used to get wen i was in world showcase wen it wasn open in the morning, thinking how amazing it was (ignoring my hangover or tiredness) and sitting wit friends enjoying a nice moist muff or som crispy bacon pieces from shoddysea! haha, dancing along to beauty and the beast in the promenade near towers....... i can feel the magic, even now, though it makes me somewhat sad to remember this.

mmm on the subject of shoddysea does anyone remember the good strawberry cheesecake and the oreo cheesecake they did there.........wow now that was hot food!! hehe

i so did not appreciate enough my time there, if i knew wat i know now man i woulda extended and soaked up so much more of the feeling and appreciated it more.

sorry to ramble on, im having one of THOSE days......

wow welcome back phillfo, i miss ya, i was remembering wen we met at the novotel and then went to interview together, wen i went to hammersmith office the other day i was like, ooooh me and my boys wer here!

hey phill do u ever hear from nick jacks? i have not spoke to him since way before i even left florida so if u ever do speak to him tell him i said hi!

anyone else old school wanna join us???

loobie
    xxxx

5. nick_uk

nick_uk New Member

wow... how many years since I have been here!!!

But a thread about loop music always gets me going - love it! I have managed to download soooooo much music from a website - trouble is guys i cant remember which one... but i shall look - but it has the true colours version from HISTA pre show!!

About these loops - if anyone has ANY pre show illuminations or UK music will they please give me a shout - I love the Illuminations pre show! Reminds me of how I used to be in the weeds the final 15 minutes before illuminations so I could get down onto lower deck and watch the fireworks!! Dont think there was a shift went by when i diddnt see them!

Oh god, now im off, and missing disney again!!!! 5 YEARS ON AND STILL! hehe!

Anyways, if anyone is around from the 2000 - 2002 area drop me a line if you remember me - Im seeing a tonne of Disney people over easter! CANT WAIT!

Take care, and I will hunt down that website!

Nick
    x

6. nick_uk

nick_uk New Member

btw guys, anyone ever listened to sorcerer radio?

they play tonnes of cool disney music from all over the resort:

click listen to here

http://srsounds.com/additions.php

7. Shrooden

Shrooden New Member

8. nick_uk

nick_uk New Member

oh... and whilst on the subject of music, anyone have the music to cinderellas suprise celebration? :)

9. stu1901

stu1901 Guest

i have the audio of the true colours pre show on my computer.
    It must have been someone recording it in the audience as you can hear people talking, but you can still hear the music.
    I can send it to anyone if they like ;)

10. Ona

Ona Member

Don't know whether any of you guys have heard about Disney-central? (Not the discussion forums)

It requires downloading a wee bit of software but it is AMAZING! Basically it's a couple of folks who have prettey much EVERY piece of Disney Parks music (old, new, extinct, and even Bi-aural recordings of attractions!) and you can download as much as you want! Amazing!

Curiously however, the only World showcase music loop that isn;'t there is the actual UK one. Curious. :-\ I think that Canada one is a bit older too. Not the one i recognise anyway.

There's more info here over on wdwmagic.com.

I just downloaded a binaural ride through the jungle cruise! Woo hOO! ;D

Also, there's a really good version of True colors here. Just right click here and save as.. :)

Ona x

11. Ona

Ona Member

Here's a link to the old and new cannon music to download too. :)

Ona x

12. adjonline

adjonline New Member

I grabbed True Colours from there the other day. It's strangely addictive ::)

13. nick_uk

nick_uk New Member

ok... im so useless with computers!

It sounds really confusing, what is it, is there actually a website?

I want to get to the disney music!!!

14. KC

KC New Member

Ona, you are officially a goddess...

I've been searching for the old pre-illuminations for EVER!!!!

THANKS!!!! *massivehugs*

Yay!
    Kev, listening with a big grin on his face

15. Ona

Ona Member

Kev, nae bother. ;)

(hmmm... goddess.... I think I like that...... ;D)

Nick, it took me a wee while to get what it was but the instructions are really good and if you take it step by step it'll be more straight forward. It's basically kinda' like a one way file-share type program but only for Disney (generally) parks music that you can't actually download anywhere, even by paying.

Ona x

16. *Laura*

*Laura* New Member

wow! I cant believe i havnt found these 2 disney radio stations before!!!

theyre amazing!!!!

im listening to the bodywars thing, sooo cool!

thanks guys for putting these links on!

laura
    xxxx

17. marshabrady

marshabrady New Member

old timers

:) :) :)
    Wow, i'm having so much fun reading this thread. I'm UK merch right now, 7 months in. And things seem to have gone downhill since u guys were here. We have no cannon, no parade, and they've just changed the rotational bump to one big one, every 2 hours, with all positions on it!!
    Still managing to have fun though. And Peggy and Brenda are still here! I got bored on Queens today so made a time capsule, and picked some mint from the herb garden to cook with tonight!! Haha.
    Did you guys leave any time capsules anywhere? I haven't found one more than 2 years old since i've been here.

Well, better get to bed, im in at 2 tomorrow for product knowledge, aparently its on chess sets (we sell 2 a year!) and tartan... boring.

Beth xxx

18. brennan0720

brennan0720 New Member

does anybody know some good irc channels to join for downloading disney music. disney central torrents is awesome! ive been a bt*er for 2 years but didnt ever know about a disney specific one

19. phillfo

phillfo New Member

Ona you are a Goddess...

I beleive that was the version i was looking for..... OMG i love true colours!

(cheers stu too :D)

20. brennan0720

brennan0720 New Member

wow that disney central torrents has some high quality stuff! highly reccomended!