operations alumni

Discussion in 'Alumni Discussion' started by Nickie Mouse, Apr 19, 2007.

1. brynna87

brynna87 New Member

Coaster still rules all other rides. lol.

2. flashinghelmet

flashinghelmet New Member

i really want to do operations, but would be gutted if i got the car park. do they decide the positions based on any factors?

3. Jorden

Jorden New Member

Nothing really that you find out about, you just kinda get placed where they need people. When I got transfered from ODF all I was told was that I would be moved to an Attraction in the same park I was working in (basically I coulda been anywhere in Epcots Future World), in fact I didn't find out I got my transfer until I got my schedule and saw "Training SPACE ATTR" and even then I didn't know if that meant Mission SPACE (YAY) or Spaceship Earth (BOO)

*Yays and boos are based off of how fun I figure the attraction would be to work*

Pretty sure in some cases you don't even know what attraction you are at in some cases until training starts. It could say something like Tomorrowland Attractions.

4. Nickie Mouse

Nickie Mouse New Member

ok i no this is a sexist question but would they put girls in the parking lot? i only ask becuase the place i worked in new jersey last year had a go kart track an they didnt have any girls working on it because it was dark an smelly and dirty! (also because they said we wernt strong enough to push start the cars) so im hoping disney think parking lot is a boys job too hehe ;D

5. Trev

Trev New Member

Well girls worked Speedway, which I know isn't quite the same.... As for MK attraction divisions.... Space training (is for the best ride in all of Disney World and better then rock 'n' rollercoaster which after the launch really doesn't do much and it just slows down and gets REALLY BORING). Then you can have Speedway (just Speedway), Buzz and now Stitch Complex, which are the other tomorrowland rides.
    Fantasyland has Philhar (Philhar and Dumbo), Pooh complex, (Pooh, Snow White and the Teacups), and Small World Complex (which I think is the rest of the fantasyland rides).

Haunted Mansion, Jungle Cruise and the other two inferior Mountains are all trained for the one ride individually. Basically, big rides, with lots of different positions on them, you only do one of, rides with only a few things to do on are grouped together, so you're not pushing the same green button to make Dumbo start all day long.

Space > everything else.

6. flashinghelmet

would you say it was worth the risk? or would you play it safe and choose merchandising? :-\

7. Trev

Trev New Member

I know that Space does need people right now, so yeah it's always worth the risk.

8. flashinghelmet

i would cry for the whole time if they put me in the car park.

9. Trev

Trev New Member

Bah! Be a man about it and go for operations! It's the best!

10. Nina

Nina New Member

Hah I keep worrying about this too!
    But I suppose a job is what you make of it and you could have fun working in the car park too :D

11. flashinghelmet

i would get soooo bored it is untrue! and i want to be inside the magic! not faffing around outside. plus my id get all burnt!

12. brynna87

brynna87 New Member

Have you gotten ur Disney pack yet? last year I got a letter in my pack and it said I'd either be working in the attractions in the park/downtown disney or at front gate. It didn't mention car park at all, so check that out.

13. flashinghelmet

nah! havent had my interview yet. hehe

tho i know that they ask what you'd like to do in the interview. and its only a few weeks away now.

14. stu_uk

stu_uk New Member

Girls are put in the parking lot! my friend who is a girl was put there.

15. brynna87

brynna87 New Member

1. Rock'n Roller Coaster is not boring....u get to listen to Aerosmith and go upside down! And you get to go through the tunnel, which I admit isn't great, rather gross, but that's a story for another time.

2. Your job is what you make it. Being stuck in the car park would blow, but remember, you could get to go on the trams and spiel in a funny accent if you want!

3. Operations is definately worth the risk. I think u'd prob be happier in a car park then in the electric umbrella or merchandise at the TTC. I mean, each area has crappy jobs. lol.

4. Disney is equal opportunity, the don't tend to cast based on sex.

16. Nina

Nina New Member

Nah it doesn't mention anything about the role in my pack anyways!!

17. Trev

Trev New Member

Well if you havn't had the interview yet, do what I did find out work out which ride you'd love to work on and slip it into conversation. It worked for me, everyone else ended up in F-land or Buzz complex and I was the only one who ended up on Space! (which has 2 tunnels both with super cool lights in).

18. rachet

rachet New Member

whats electric umbrella?

19. Trev

Trev New Member

It's a fast food restaurant in Epcot with the best costumes in ALL of Disney World. By best I mean that they'll make your eyeballs throw up.

Tomorrowland costumes is where it's at.... miss them soooo much!

20. rachet

rachet New Member

hahaha i NEED to start using that phrase!!