Question for those who have completed the CRP...

Discussion in 'Alumni Discussion' started by pinksparkles2, Jun 24, 2011.

1. pinksparkles2

pinksparkles2 New Member

I did the ICP last year, and 3 months was just not long enough! So I thought about doing the CRP.. but then I met a group of CRPers when I was over there and they were all moaning about how a year was too long and they all wanted to go home and advising people never to do it because you will get so sick of Disney after a year.
    I just wanted to know if it was just this group of people who felt like that, or if its common for loads of people to be fed up with it after a whole year?
    I feel like I could never get sick of it, I enjoyed my 3 months so much.. but let me know what you thought of the experience after a whole year please :)
    xxx

2. linsey

linsey New Member

I'd say it just varies. I remember a bunch of people out when I was who moaned everyday and were desperate to go home yet as it came to about their last week they talked about not wanting to go home.... ::)

From my persepctive, I've done the CRP before... and now I'm going back. To me, a year wasn't long enough... and I did 14 months last time! At the end I still felt I had more to do, even though i was about to tear my hair out some days at work and couldn't wait to get to my last day, but I think most of that was because people I arrived with were leaving, and my good friends were too, even those who arrived after me but hadn't extended, so I was missing them.

But if you are worried about getting a disney overload, I honestly don't think that really happens. Though I do remember walking into epcot abuot 9 months in and I looked over at spaceship earth and for the first time I thought 'i see that bloody thing every day!'

in the end, if you go out and 3, 6, 9 months in etc you get to a point you just want to go home then you go. you can quit any time you like and leave. you just have to pay for your own flight home!

3. morrs084

morrs084 New Member

Honestly, i had my moments in my program where i wanted to go home. In fact i spent my first 4-6 months debating self terming nearly every day. BUT, after i got over that hump i was in heaven and didn't want to return to the real world.
    It does seem pretty intimidating signing on for a year contract, but i assure you the year does fly by.
    If you're a true Disney freak and as you stated you've done the ICP you'll be fine. I thought i would be sick of Disney by the end, but it made it worse! All i think/do is disney.
    Word of caution though, not everyone on the CRP are on that program because they love Disney and are all happy. Le Cellier is known for it's "gold mine" capabilities and there were several people on my contract that played in the park maybe once or twice and barley cared that they were in Disney World. They came down strictly to party and make oodles of money. But on a whole i loved my program and just ignored those people. I can guarantee you'll have a blast and enjoy it all! I would be back in a heartbeat if i could!

4. stuart_peters

stuart_peters New Member

You will always get the moaners. It's about making your year the best it can be. I think everyone moans about work but I don't think I would get bored and want to go home if I spent a lifetime out there...

Some people love it and some hate it like Linsey says. You certainly can't base your application decision on what a handfull of CRP's said. I know plenty who would say it was the best year of their lives!

5. Hamburger

Hamburger New Member

I did a year, fell into a huge hole when I came home and went back to do another year.

If you like Disney, you will never get tired of it. Well, not enough to go home, that is.

And yes, there are always complainers!

Don't ever worry because others tell you, always do what you feel like is the best. And if push comes to shove, you can always go home early.

6. tiggercharlotte

tiggercharlotte New Member

I loved my year so much that I went back and did a 6 month program. I know plenty of people who went home early for various reasons but a load of us also completed the year! It is always what you make of it...be that within Disney, or by going to other places. As people have said - if you really hate it, there is nothing to stop you going back home!

7. DisneyGibbs

DisneyGibbs Active Member

I loved my year so much I extended! And would have extended more and more if there were no visa restrictions. You will always find people who want to moan about work. I moaned about work! But I wouldn't have changed it for the world, it's just fun to moan about work sometimes. Maybe they'd all had a bad day huh?

I'm not going to delude you...it's tough work and if you go out there expecting to have an easy time at work and lots of time off to do stuff, then it's probably not for you. You're expected to work hard and some weeks you might only get one day off and you spend most of it sleeping because you're exhausted. But, if like me, you love Disney, then the whole reason you're there is to work for the company, and you will meet like minded people. I have met some my closest friends whilst working for Disney (J1A program 2006/CRP 2009 and I currently work on the Disney Magic, although I'm on vacation right now having finished my first contract) and they will be the people you hang out with and make so many memories. All it takes is to walk through a park, look around you and think 'this is the reason why I work here'.

Ah, I miss it. I'd apply again in a flash if the application process didn't take so long!