Question

Discussion in 'Alumni Discussion' started by Keri_07, Jan 11, 2011.

1. DisneyGibbs

DisneyGibbs Active Member

Ah Brian...

All I remember is when he stole a steak and dragged it down the the restaurant, and when he relieved himself on one of the tables. Oh, and ate all the napkins.

I liked the ducks most. They used to come inside the awning when the heaters were on and it was raining.

As for bugs...meh. I had a wasps nest outside one of my apartments (and they're massive wasps!). I went straight to front desk because my brother is allergic to them and I've never been stung so we don't know if I am!

Got stung by something horrible on the way back from Patterson. Right on my toe. I literally couldn't walk. But meh, you take the good from the bad. I saw loads of snakes, but so long as you don't walk on the grass (especially long stuff, which most of the grass in Orlando is) in bare feet of with just flip flops/sandals on, you should be alright.

2. Discostu81

Discostu81 New Member

Were you there Lou when two ducks came in the pub? I think it was a sunday afternoon and they just strolled in & would not leave no matter how much I ushered them to the doors! I vaguely remember another bird being in the dining room at some point.

3. DisneyGibbs

DisneyGibbs Active Member

I vaguely remember the ducks in the pub. They were always hanging around the beer cart so maybe they wanted to try the bar?

I clearly remember a squirrel in the dining room! It wasn't Brian because it was far too scared, but I was freaking out because it was five minutes before we opened and I had a full waiting list! But it's ok, I don't think the squirrel particularly fancied the chicken and mushroom pie, so it scarpered.

4. grooveyem

grooveyem New Member

I stood on a snake at the chippy till cart once. I'm not even scared of them, but I jumped a mile and nearly gave the lady I was serving a heart attack. The snake slithered off into the bushes unharmed lol. We had one go under on of the tables on upper deck once too, that was sitting with a 15 top. Their server had to discreetly go and tell the adults to watch the children.

I remember once animal control had set a trap and caught Brian, but hadn't moved him yet, so then the guests started to complain that there was this poor little squirrel trapped in a cage, so they had to let him go haha.

I never saw a spider that was bigger than a money spider, but loads of big moths and beetles, squillions of gecko's and a few various other things.

5. Einstien76

Einstien76 New Member

Yeah, we are really spoiled in Western Europe. I'm from the Northern States and even there there are tons of them - mostly harmless. In the South you have even more snakes and reptiles.