Random...Stupid Guests?!

Discussion in 'Alumni Discussion' started by Danman, Nov 5, 2004.

1. Jjsweet1402

Jjsweet1402 New Member

lol kriss you have way to much time on your hands!!! but nice work

2. bourricot

bourricot New Member

i arrived in dec and it suddenly turned so damn cold. worked outiside everyday, so tried to put on whatever i found just to get warm (scarf,gloves).
    "why r u wearing a scarf? u'r from germany. u should be used to this weather!" - yeah, sure, but in germany i can wear my winter clothes.

in october: "u must have a lot of snow back home, now, right?" - i don't know where they got this from

u remember those scarfs the internationals working for GR have to wear?
    a woman once came up to my friend and said: "my hands r wet. can i just use ur towel for a moment?"

i pretty liked it when they came up to the sommerfest's register: "the buffet for 2,please."
    or standing right in front of the restaurant: "where do we find the restaurant?" (well, right behind me)

"why is the potato salad cold?" - because it's always it.

my gosh, i hated it so much when they came up to the restaurant and just said "2", "4".... yeah what? 2eggs???

once, i just said "hey"- "oh, u just have a lovely accent!" (i didn't know that my prononciation was really that bad)

but the rest of the time, i actually had a lot of fun with my guests.
    i always tried to make them laugh by asking for an ID to buy a coke ("u need to see my ID for a coke?"- "well, i think there's too much sugar for u in it.2),("i'm sorry, sir, i can only serve u one coke per person.")
    at 12h30, especially during summer months, so no guests:" if u wanna have lunch, there will be a waiting time of 90minutes!"
    yup, they really liked....

i just remember onel bad day. was outside at the beerline serving schnaps. has anyone ever seen those selfmade passports for adults?
    in every country a cm has to sign that he served them an alcoholic drink.
    well, there were those people, all ordering a"dritten reich" or "screaming nazi" and were laughing about it so loud.
    had to sign there f***in passports in which they actually had written "drittes reich"e" (at least get the spellng right!!!).
    felt a bit ashamed, not for me, but for them

3. Jjsweet1402

Jjsweet1402 New Member

love the bit about the screaming nazi.
    did they actually no what they were ordering lol

4. Celephaïs

Celephaïs New Member

lol, hilarious, bourricot....
    dritten reich... lol ;D
    actually had a laugh at that in school, when we learned the word "dritten",
    as it means "the s h i t" in norwegian.... lol

came across these today... they're questions a tourist info in oslo have been asked....

1. Why's the browncheese (goatcheese) brown?
    2. I am Mrs Aker, Akershus fortress must be my ancestors home and last address?
    3. Do trolls still exist, and are they good or bad?
    4. When do you close the fjords for the evening?
    5. Do the vikings live in reservations now?
    6. A swede asks: Are you celebrating 17 May this year as well? (it's our constitution day)
    7. Cruisepassanger at Søndre Akershus harbour in downtown Oslo: How do you walk to town?
    8. Finnish lady: Can you exchange french Euros to finnish Euros?
    9. Will the Ozzy Osbourne show be in Swedish?
    10. From the Cruiseterminal: The guide says: I am sorry we do not accept foreign coins. The passangers answer: We are not foreign, we are Americans!!
    11. Austrian lady:I wish to cycle from south to north. How is the wind direction in July?
    12. Norwegian tourist: What's the adress to The Norwegian Embassy in Oslo?

5. MyLittlePony

MyLittlePony New Member

1. Why's the browncheese (goatcheese) brown?
    Because its got goat shit in it.

2. I am Mrs Aker, Akershus fortress must be my ancestors home and last address?
    Ha ha ha!

3. Do trolls still exist, and are they good or bad?
    Look yourself in the mirror and the answer will be right in front of you.

4. When do you close the fjords for the evening?
    After the boats leave. Go to your cruise ship. Now.

5. Do the vikings live in reservations now?
    No, we are all vikings planning to sacrifice you for Odin.

6. A swede asks: Are you celebrating 17 May this year as well? (it's our constitution day)
    Yeah, I thought you were Swedish.

7. Cruisepassanger at Søndre Akershus harbour in downtown Oslo: How do you walk to town?
    Go back to your cruise ship and home. That's how.

8. Finnish lady: Can you exchange french Euros to finnish Euros?
    Do you know why Euros have been introduced?

9. Will the Ozzy Osbourne show be in Swedish?
    Yes, it will be called Ozzy Medelsvensson.

10. From the Cruiseterminal: The guide says: I am sorry we do not accept foreign coins. The passangers answer: We are not foreign, we are Americans!!
    Yeah, I thought so.

11. Austrian lady:I wish to cycle from south to north. How is the wind direction in July?
    Apparently not good, cuz I can smell you.

12. Norwegian tourist: What's the adress to The Norwegian Embassy in Oslo?
    Walk out the door, then turn left. Keep turning left and you will see it.

6. Jjsweet1402

Jjsweet1402 New Member

love number 12, that was great

7. bourricot

bourricot New Member

well, i didn't. so they explained me:
    ..........i don't really remember ???
    was it goldschläger, jägermeister and , i think, blackhouse?

8. bourricot

bourricot New Member

woman: "i've been to germany a few times. actually, 8 times."
    me:"really, where have u been?"
    woman:"frankfurt."
    me:"so u liked it?"
    woman:"it was great, i loved it,but we've never been outside the airport."

if stops count, i've already been to cincinnati and atlanta, too. atlanta was great. nice food court

9. SarahJane

SarahJane New Member

BAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAWWW!!!!

OMG that was too much!

10. robynchic

robynchic New Member

WAAAAAAAAY belated explanation...

Let me try to remember which one it was... (yes, there are multiple)

I think that's the one when the child grabbed my arm and started twisting it really hard, and wouldn't let go until a chipmunk (Chip or Dale) came up and wrenched his disgusting, food-covered hand off my arm.

If you want to hear the other ones, just ask

11. Gareth

Gareth New Member

robynchic

tell us more they are always fun,

Gareth

12. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell New Member

"excuse me...do you work here" this is when i am sweeeeeeeping streets... :-X ::) :D

english guests asking me"so what part of america are you from?" :eek: ??? :D :D

"are you available for home service cleaning"....yeah sure....lol......

talking to guest about college program....."will you be selling your unirform,badge and pins on ebay?"

"how much does mickey mouse make a year?".......

old guy to fellow worker"ill give u 50 bucks for your hat"..."sorry sir,,you can buy a nice cheaper hat in stores"...."i dont want anything with god damn mouse on"..........wahooo true disney spirit....: ;D ;D ;D ;D

13. Punky B

Punky B New Member

Oh my I was asked countless times to say something in Canadian. Or how we went to school when it is always dark out!! Or if I had a pet polar bear!?!?? ( I said yes his name was joe!) I once had someone ask me if we went to real schools or was everyone home schooled!! Hmm what else!?!?!?

Shan help me out!!

Let me think!!!

Brandy

14. shannybanany

shannybanany New Member

I actually met a guy from Nunavut today. He lost his wallet and it got turned in to our lost and found. He lives on the north side of Baffin Island and they have no streets...his address was house 610. HA! He had his hunting license and sadly for him, he's already hunted his share of moose this year. I nearly died. I felt like a knob asking him all the stupid american tourist questions!!!! His wife is Canada's Northernmost doctor. Wow.

My brain is lacking in the stupid guest comments at the moment. But I was telling someone at work today about Enrique sleeping on the KIDCOT table and kids beating him with their masks to wake him up (probably cause I told them too!).

Shan

15. emma

emma New Member

i can contribute to tis now yey.

what part of london are you from and my favourite
    8 of us on the poduin in the UK pavillion, american comes over and seriouslys ask..........

DO ANY OF U SPEAK ENGLISH???

i know ppl,,,,,its true

16. Marie

Marie Guest

The other day this guy was like you speak really good english considering youve only been in the country 4 mths!
    What are they like?! lol

17. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell New Member

i think the humidity does something to all holiday makers in Florida......... :p

18. SarahJane

SarahJane New Member

Do you reply "No I'm sorry, I don't speak English"....IN English? That'll surely mess up their heads.... ;) :D

19. Chloe

Chloe New Member

English people are so funny lol. In the UK pavillion *sporting my 'Chloe, Northampton, England' badge* as well as the ever so slight English accent over here...

If I hear that someone is from the UK, I'll say

"whereabours are you from?"

Reply (speaking very-slowly): "En---g---land"

"Mhmm...but whereabouts?"

"Yorkshire. Do-you-know-about-any-places-in-En-g-land?"

"Besides the one I'm from you mean?"

So many geniuses about...

20. Jjsweet1402

Jjsweet1402 New Member

these are brill loved the Do u speak english one emma i'd of loved to see all ur faces when they asked that

and repalying no i don't in english that is enough to mess anyone up lol

keep em coming