Random...Stupid Guests?!

Discussion in 'Alumni Discussion' started by Danman, Nov 5, 2004.

1. emma

emma New Member

yeah in the media scousers look shit....but americans love it just coz of the beatles lol..cant believe that linzi....its horrile once we went on a class field trip to scarborough and we had to questionnaire ppl in the street and sum1 sed "ooh scouser watch ya wallets lads"" u know and its like u small minded tart grr made me mad.....and i got it in lodon once at a mueseum....coz i do wanna steal a 5000 year old piece of crap dont i?? the ppl here are DED friendly!!¬

2. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

haha no i had never heard it honest!lol

the only knowlege i have of liverpool is what i got off brookside!haha

xxx

3. emma

emma New Member

lol well fine example....not remember tinhead and emily (jennifer ellison) always breakinh in2 ppls houses?? and also jimmy the smakhed thief? lol im so glad that show ended

4. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

yeah it did give it a bad name...but there are people like that everywhere! hell theres areas like that here! so there must be! i gota say though i did like my brookie!haha so unbelieveable it was funny!

xxx

5. ellen101

ellen101 New Member

At least you don't come from Essex Emma!!! I don't think anyone gets it as bad as us Essex girls (I'm not one by the way...well, not typically!!). I'm hoping actually, that non-Brits won't understand the whole Essex thing.....it's an awful stigma!!

Celephaïs: I do know some cockney rhyming slang, but I don't usually use it in every day conversation....I live pretty close to East London, where it all started....and I did a bit of research into it before our interviews in case it came up!! ::) :D

See if anyone understands this:
    Mum's on the dog, now get up them apples and cut your barnet!!

There you go!! :D (that's a lame sentence by the way!!)

Ellen xxx :D

6. Goldytap

Goldytap New Member

Everywhere i go, people here im from somerset, and bingo they think im some kinda country gal, with a strong somerset accent and say "ooh ah" all the time! ok, so i do have a slight somerset accent, i do like the country, but i do not drive a tractor!

Sarah :D

7. ellen101

ellen101 New Member

Haha!!! :D

Ellen x

8. Celephaïs

Celephaïs New Member

LOL, Ellen

I have no idea what you just tried to say...

9. ellen101

ellen101 New Member

Mum's on the phone, get up stairs and cut your hair!!

Dog & bone = phone
    Apples & Pears = stairs
    Barnet Fair = hair

Cockney rhyming slang is always 'something/something' or 'something & something' and the word you use when you say it is the one that doesn't rhyme with the word you mean...does that make sense???

Ellen xxx

10. topsassyuk

topsassyuk New Member

i never knew u just use the one that doenst rhyme, thats very interesting cheers for that ellen :D

11. ellen101

ellen101 New Member

you're welcome...I'm all set for someone asking me at Epcot now!! :D

ellen x :D

12. Celephaïs

Celephaïs New Member

yeah, LOL, makes sense

that's cool...

13. topsassyuk

topsassyuk New Member

well it wont be long til u get to use ur knowledge  ;D

14. emma

emma New Member

i love it when the baldwins use rhyming slang on corrie...double episode tonite whoohoo

15. topsassyuk

topsassyuk New Member

i dont think i have ever noticed them do that!!! maybe it just goes straight over my head!!!

16. emma

emma New Member

yeah thingy does it...u know........ermm danny!! ahah it came to me

17. topsassyuk

topsassyuk New Member

lol i cant believe how off topic this thread has gone......actually yes i can its just like every other topic! ::)

18. emma

emma New Member

haha i know yeah non of us have any control!

19. topsassyuk

topsassyuk New Member

god help disney!!!

20. ellen101

ellen101 New Member

Alfie and Big Mo always use it in Eastenders.....but they should all use it in that programme...I mean, they're all supposed to be Cockneys!!!

Big Mo always says 'me farmers are playing up'

Farmer Giles = Piles! :-X

Ellen xx :D