Random...Stupid Guests?!

Discussion in 'Alumni Discussion' started by Danman, Nov 5, 2004.

1. Celephaïs

Celephaïs New Member

Jepp, great idea
    I'm up for it...

2. Chloe

Chloe New Member

I had some similar ones from my kids (and their parents) at camp which included 'have you ever heard of the Beatles?' ...that well known American band ::)

3. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell New Member

lol yeh they sure sound american !! :D

4. backpackgirl79

backpackgirl79 New Member

oh, my god-one of my first days on KidCot, a lady asked me 'so like, what do you guys speak in Canada? Canadian?!?'
    i sat there with my mouth open!!!!
    but the list is of course endless.... ::)

5. kelly_p

kelly_p New Member

seriously what are ppl like - my frind did the cp ages ago and she was asked..
    'do u get the same sun in england as we get in america?' i think she was a bit to shocked to speak lol ;D

6. Jjsweet1402

Jjsweet1402 New Member

lol thats bad how dumb do these people get

7. shannybanany

shannybanany New Member

Very, very dumb. Too much sun maybe?

8. Jjsweet1402

Jjsweet1402 New Member

way to much sun after all the american sun is different to everywhere else

9. kelly_p

kelly_p New Member

lol yeah apparantly it is ;D

10. MyLittlePony

MyLittlePony New Member

I think its the food though... ;D

11. Huicho

Huicho New Member

to much fat in their brains maybe. But you have to admit it, there are pretty serious STUPID people all around the globe.

12. Jjsweet1402

Jjsweet1402 New Member

well wot ever it is i think we should give it to the examiners so thay make are exams a lot easier to do!!!

13. JRD

JRD New Member

without meaning to offend any americans who might visit these boards, by and large they are not the sharpest tools in the box! The southern states are worse whereas people from the northern states tended to be a bit more wordly and could see beyond their own borders. How come americans were so different to canadians as well? Canadians were always extremely polite and generally world aware so i enjoyed talking to them.

Americans used to frustrate me so much, we would ask them what 4 countries make up the UK, obviously its scotland, wales, england and northern ireland but here are some of the yank responses i got below:-

London, Britain, england and finland
    Norway, Finland, england and scotland

The amount of times i was left open mouthed in complete disbelief about how dumb a lot of americans were was unbelievable. I'm from wales in the UK but a lot of americans would come up and say "are you from england??!" i'd say "no sir i'm from Wales" they'd reply "Oh same thing..." GRRRRRRRRRR :mad: that used to make me so mad!!!! I'M NOT ENGLISH I'M WELSH!! They just wouldnt get it though.

Just scarey that a country with such a big say in world affairs cant even educate its people to an acceptable level, you just have to look at the guy in charge though! Dont get me started on george bush!!!

14. Celephaïs

Celephaïs New Member

LOL, yeah, I agree.
    But I think stupid is the wrong word to use, they're just ignorant... Stupidity has something to do with intelligence, not how much you know.
    But yes, if you're talking about the southern states, you can say stupid, 'cause they really ARE...
    But it's funny though, I have never experienced any of that...
    Everyone I've talked to are very world aware, it maybe this was 'cause I've only visited the west-coast, and they tend to be a bit more educated over there.
    I also found Americans very polite...that may also be because Norwegians are generally very rude, and the reason you probably find them rude is that in the UK you're soooo polite...I was shocked when I visited not to long ago...

LOL, about the responses, where the hell do they get Finland from, it's not even close

15. kelly_p

kelly_p New Member

they dont really have much knowledge of anything - they live in a usa bubble kinda like the disney bubbly someone was taking about the other day ;D

16. Celephaïs

Celephaïs New Member

Then again can't think of the US as a whole...
    On the west-coast they're well educated and very world aware, as well as in New-England and up by the great lakes, but anywhere between, you'll find the typical ignorant american..

17. SarahJane

SarahJane New Member

Without getting into a whole other debate here...don't blame the American citizens themselves. Blame their government and education system that DOESN'T educate them, and that allows them to only ever see their side of the fence. You don't know what you're not taught, right?

I dated an American while I was there, and he knew NOTHING about Canada. He was SO surprised and shocked with the things I was telling him about my home, and about the rest of the world. He was kinda of embarassed, actually!

Not all Americans are as eager to learn as he was....but on the same coin, not all Americans are oblivious about the rest of the world either..many are smarter than the rest of us claim to be.

And finally, I just returned from Cuba on vacation, and met with many English and Irish. I'm from Ottawa. Guess how many knew that Ottawa was the capital, or where in Canada it was?! Guess how many had even HEARD of Ottawa....I swear I was talking to those Americans we are so quick to critisize......

18. kelly_p

kelly_p New Member

oyeah thats true - but to be fair were commenting on the americans but if you look at many english ppl they are so much worse, some of their behaviour is appaling and sometimes im even ashamed to say im british when u see horrible stuff all over the news so really i cant comment on all of them cos i think were just as bad ;D

19. shannybanany

shannybanany New Member

I have to agree that it's their schools. You'd think Canada to them was some far off land. They learn NOTHING about us in school, while we actually learn quite a bit about them. We just have to educate them ourselves!

Shan

20. MyLittlePony

MyLittlePony New Member

Well, that's what the IP is all about, really...