Saving money?

Discussion in 'Alumni Discussion' started by dannyrock4, May 1, 2007.

1. dannyrock4

dannyrock4 New Member

Hi everyone

Was just wondering, I'll be starting at Disneyland on 12th June for the 1 year program (CANT WAIT!!!) and will be working in the merchandising on the UK section and wondered what the chances are of saving any money during the year, if anyone who's been there before could help with this that would be great, cheers. ;D

2. bambi_mad

bambi_mad New Member

Hi,

Like most jobs it depends on your outgoings, if you eat out every night and buy loads of stuff then of course you probably won't save any money.

However, if you limit your spending to what you really need, and don't go crazy with your money then of course you can save.

If you are from the UK then you won't make much when you change it back into ££££ but its something.

When I did the summer program back in 2005 i went travelling with nearly $2000 I had saved, although I did do a lot of extra hours and overtime which you can't do on the CRP unless it is in the pavillion.

At the end of the day it is up to you if you save or don't, I had an awesome time and still managed to save.

A xx

3. flashinghelmet

flashinghelmet New Member

disney world damn it!!!

;D

4. bambi_mad

bambi_mad New Member

It don't matter....... we knew what he meant!!!!!! lol

Its all the same.... hehehehehehehe

A xx

5. ellen101

ellen101 New Member

The tax you make back during 'tax refund season' can be quite hefty...as can your 'relo' cheque when you finish...so you (hopefully) won't be completely penniless when you leave!!!
    :D

6. bambi_mad

bambi_mad New Member

Yeah totally forgot about the tax thing!! I never got mine in 2005 caus there was some huge mix up and Disney never sent my forms and then lost them or something. Really annoying!!

I think I can still get it back but its such a complicated process.

A xx

7. flashinghelmet

flashinghelmet New Member

It don't matter....... we knew what he meant!!!!!! lol

Its all the same.... hehehehehehehe

A xx

-------------

heathen! blasphemy! i'll set the queen of hearts on you!

8. bambi_mad

bambi_mad New Member

Talk about touchy!! Disney is one big family, who cares which one you are at we are all joined under the banner of cast members!!!!!

Geez ::) ::) ::)

A xx

9. bambi_mad

bambi_mad New Member

I was kidding just to clarify!!! lol!!!!!!! I just reread what I wrote and was like oops that sounds a lil shirty!!!

A xx :D

10. dannyrock4

dannyrock4 New Member

Ok, Disneyworld then! anyway, I thought that you could save much money anyway, as ive heard there's alot of partying going on out there, thats cool, sound fantastic, just cant wait to leave now and get out of these crappy jobs im in :mad:, Disineyworld for a year!! cant beleive it! LET THE GAMES BEGIN!! ::)

11. sabz

sabz New Member

Danny, what date do u fly and where from? x

12. dannyrock4

dannyrock4 New Member

Fly out on 12th June, but not sure where from yet, as ive only just been accpected on this program, a couple of days ago, so loads to sort out in the next few weeks, what about you?

13. bambi_mad

bambi_mad New Member

Wow, cool!! Thats soooo soon!!!!!!! When did you find out??? You have a really quick turnaround!!!

Congrats again!

A xx :D

14. dannyrock4

dannyrock4 New Member

Cheers , yeah I know, only found out a couple of days ago, its amazing really, how different my life is going to change from now on. Got about 5 weeks to leave, got a lot of sorting out to do! bring it on!!

15. sabz

sabz New Member

U r the first person i have found on my flight day apart from my friend lol...i fly from manchester 6.25am get into gatwick at 7.35am then meet my friend and fly from gatwick at 11.05am getting into orlando at 15.20 their time...how old r u? where do u live? try n get on the same flights, we booked ours at statravel.com xx

16. dannyrock4

dannyrock4 New Member

oh, thats good, but im not sure where im flying from yet as i think disney are organising my flight, did you book your flight your self or through disney? and how much etc?

I am 25 and live in Wolverhampton, what about you?

17. sabz

sabz New Member

From Manchester but at uni in Lincoln, I'm 21, i booked mine because it works out cheaper, you pay there and then rather than through your pay so i wont be short of money when im there, also i know when im flying and all the details so i can plan lifts and everything in advance, disney only give u the details a week in advance! x

18. dannyrock4

dannyrock4 New Member

ok, so did you buy a one ticket or return and how much did it cost?

19. sabz

sabz New Member

got a one way cost £315 but disney give u it bak if ustay the whole year. didnt get a return coz i mite travel a bit after x

20. dannyrock4

dannyrock4 New Member

oh ok, so disney pay for your flight, then you pay them back, then they pay you back again at the end!? Is that what your saying?